- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Playing with words/ 51

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Playing with words/ 51
Message de here4u posté le 11-01-2024 à 21:57:39 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends!

Voici votre nouveau challenge ! "Playing and working with words"... La date limite pour cet exercice est fin janvier 2024. Je suis, cette fois, un peu en retard pour poster ce sujet. Désolée, vraiment !
Je vous rappelle que cet exercice a des règles qui doivent être respectées. Lisez-les bien si vous ne les connaissez pas ! Ce travail est loin d'être un jeu... mais il peut être très ludique... Il vous laisse également toute liberté de choisir votre thème!

Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, + a given structure and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE. "Easy", isn't it? (In fact, it's more easily said than done and advanced learners or natives can step in!! )

- You CANNOT change the nature of the words!
- You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively!

PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THE GIVEN WORDS! [and specify the number of words at the end.]

Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens. (Il ne doit y avoir qu'UN SEUL POINT dans votre phrase - à la fin.) Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, mais courte... Je le répète : elle doit avoir un sens et sa logique interne !
Cet exercice est TRES difficile, c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne devez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
Pour que chacun ait la possibilité de travailler avec nous, cet exercice a des niveaux différents. Vous pouvez choisir celui qui vous convient :
Le niveau fera une seule phrase en moins de 80 mots.
Le niveau une seule phrase et toujours 60 mots, au plus.
Le niveau **, pour les plus habiles, fera une phrase de moins de 40 mots...
I'm sure you'll have inspiration...

Here are the words:

- To SHOW - To LAUGH - a LANDLADY - a FIGURE - BRIGHT - PROPERLY - EVENTUALLY - EVEN THOUGH (: 1 mot)- et un WOULD de volonté.
Lien internet
(paragraphe 2)

C'est parti pour une " très jolie phrase correcte et courte ! "
May THE FORCE be with all of us! ☀️ ☀️

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de icare29, postée le 13-01-2024 à 11:20:32 (S | E)
Héllo dear Here4u , here is my sentence

- To SHOW - To LAUGH - a LANDLADY - a FIGURE - BRIGHT - PROPERLY - EVENTUALLY - EVEN THOUGH (: 1 mot)- et un WOULD de volonté.
Lien internet

You make me LAUGH says the LANDLADY , who EVENTUALLY cuts a good FIGURE when the tenants told her they WON'T PAY the rent , by SHOWING her that the house lighting doesn't run PROPERLY and the room not BRIGHT enough, EVEN THOUGH all the last improvements.... 40 words

Thanks a lot for your correction and relevant observations

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de happynutmeg13, postée le 17-01-2024 à 14:11:04 (S | E)
Hello to all of you, and thanks to Here4U for challenging us !🤩💪: Here is my sentence :

"I almost LAUGHED when the LANDLADY SHOWED me the shockingly high FIGURES of the rent, and EVEN THOUGH the flat was very BRIGHT and more than PROPERLY equipped, I EVENTUALLY told her I clearly WOULD'NT take it. 34 words."

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de here4u, postée le 17-01-2024 à 15:33:26 (S | E)
Hello happynutmeg!

for your sentence! Yet, there's a problem... You cannot write two words of my list consecutively...
Therefore, for your sentence to be valid, you should add whatever word you fancy between "landlady" and "showed".

a lot!

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de yck, postée le 18-01-2024 à 08:06:12 (S | E)
Hello!
Here is my sentence.

EVEN THOUGH the LANDLADY was LAUGHING when he SHOWED the FIGURES of the estimated budget, this BRIGHT guy PROPERLY answered her and EVENTUALLY she WOULD cancel the project. 27 words

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 18-01-2024 10:18
gris + mis en majuscules...oops

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de amalia80, postée le 18-01-2024 à 12:08:10 (S | E)
Hello!
Here is my sentence , thank you very much for the correction.
The LANDLADY immediately LAUGHED when I SHOWED her the project , but she PROPERLY told me I was BRIGHT, and EVENTUALLY , she WOULD sign it up, EVEN THOUGH the FIGURES were a bit high. 33 words

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de here4u, postée le 25-01-2024 à 10:56:00 (S | E)
Hello!

Still a lot of time to Rack Your Brains! (It's good for them... and for us!)

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de port58, postée le 25-01-2024 à 21:36:56 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, everyone, here is my try:
What a LANDLADY could SHOW you without LAUGHING, and EVEN THOUGH she WOULD prefer exhibit another FIGURE, is a BRIGHT red sign EVENTUALLY stuck on your door and PROPERLY written: be more generous in 2024! (36 mots)

A funny brainstorming exercise, thanks a lot!

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de magie8, postée le 27-01-2024 à 04:14:07 (S | E)
hello J' ai fini par trouver cet exercice, la plupart du temps je le cherchais en vain; peut- être que je regardais trop tôt, ou alors il était noyé parmi les autres?
Donc voici ma phrase.

The LANDLADY had a perfect FIGURE, she arrived LAUGHING and said:" EVEN THOUGH, The place is small, it is BRIGHT and PROPERLY maintained; WOULD YOU LIKE me to SHOW you EVENTUALLY.31 mots

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de mad14, postée le 29-01-2024 à 15:04:01 (S | E)
Good afternoon Here4U - Here's my work-

The LANDLADY started her “guesthouse” EVEN THOUGH her husband WOULDN’T help her; three years later she SHOWS up LAUGHING with BRIGHT-eyed in front of him, waving the FIGURE of her balance sheet: EVENTUALLY, I succeeded!
- PPROPERLY speaking, you’re a champion! (42 words)

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de happynutmeg13, postée le 29-01-2024 à 17:11:50 (S | E)
Hello !

"I almost LAUGHED when the LANDLADY eventually SHOWED me the shockingly high FIGURES of the rent, and EVEN THOUGH the flat was very BRIGHT and more than PROPERLY equipped, I EVENTUALLY told her I clearly WOULD'NT take it. 35 words."

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de here4u, postée le 31-01-2024 à 23:43:40 (S | E)
Hello, dear all!

Que vous dire ? Que j'ai été admirative et me suis bien amusée à la fois !
Certains ont rendu des phrases PARFAITES ! Un ENORME bravo !
Vous avez tous essayé de remplir toutes mes conditions et restrictions... et je dois vraiment vous féliciter tous !

Deux remarques cependant : Attention de bien compter... surtout pour les formes contractées qui comptent deux mots à la négation (C'est la règle dans les examens !)
Attention aussi de bien mettre les " figures imposées " en majuscules sans en oublier.

La première partie de la correction est une optimisation du nombre de mots et surtout un contrôle de la correction grammaticale. Dans la seconde partie, cette fois-ci, je n'ai pas corrigé à minima comme d'habitude - car certaines erreurs excluaient des participants du jeu... C'était trop dommage !
Alors, j'ai repris vos textes en essayant de remplir mes conditions avec vos idées - et vos mots si possible ... Pardon à ceux que j'ai trahis !

- «You make me LAUGH», says the LANDLADY who EVENTUALLY cuts a (good) FIGURE when the tenants told/ tell her they WON'T PAY the rent; (, by) SHOWING her that the house lighting doesn't run PROPERLY and the room XX (there’s no verb !)not BRIGHT enough, EVEN THOUGH (all the last) improvements.... 40 words

- You make me LAUGH (says the LANDLADY who EVENTUALLY (cuts a (good) FIGURE when the tenants told her they (WON'T PAY the rent ; (, by) SHOWING her that the (house) lighting (doesn't run PROPERLY and the room XX (there’s no verb !)not BRIGHT enough, EVEN THOUGH (all the last) improvements.... 40 words
- Dans la correction en dessous, j’ai mis les guillemets.
- Comme j’ai été obligée de rajouter un mot pour corriger la fin, j’ai supprimé ‘good’ qui n’était pas indispensable.
‘Even though’: bien que/ même si=> even though she made improvements. Pour que la phrase d’Icare soit bonne, il faudrait ‘en dépit de/ malgré » : despite ou «in spite of».
Il manque le WOULD… donc, je mets tout au passé pour transformer le ‘won’t’ et tous les verbes pour la concordance des temps.

- "I almost LAUGHED when the LANDLADY ! (eventually (mot imposé)SHOWED me the shockingly high FIGURES of the rent, and EVEN THOUGH the flat was very BRIGHT and more than PROPERLY equipped, I EVENTUALLY told her I clearly WOULD'NT take it. 35 words."
EVENTUALLY est un mot imposé… Ainsi, je me retrouve avec 3 mots imposés consécutifs !
Donc, je reprends la première version :
"I almost LAUGHED when the LANDLADY * SHOWED me the shockingly high FIGURES of the rent(, and) [Là, je vais mettre un ; et enlever ‘and’ qui n’est pas indispensable. ] EVEN THOUGH the flat was very BRIGHT and (more than) : very ? PROPERLY equipped, I EVENTUALLY told her I clearly WOULD'NT take it. 34 words."
* Là, je dois rajouter un mot… un adverbe, n’importe lequel… proudly/ finally/ affectedly/ shily/ hesitantly or whatever…
- je remplace ‘more than’ par ‘very’ pour gagner un mot !

- EVEN THOUGH the LANDLADY was LAUGHING when he SHOWED the FIGURES of the estimated budget, this BRIGHT guy PROPERLY answered her and EVENTUALLY she WOULD cancel the project. 27 words PERFECT ! Rien à redire, sauf BRAVO !

- The LANDLADY immediately LAUGHED when I SHOWED her the project, but she PROPERLY told me I was BRIGHT, and EVENTUALLY, she WOULD sign it up, EVEN THOUGH the FIGURES were a bit high. 33 words TTTB. BRAVO

- What a LANDLADY could SHOW you without LAUGHING, and EVEN THOUGH she WOULD prefer XX exhibit another FIGURE, is a BRIGHT red sign EVENTUALLY stuck on your door and PROPERLY written: be more generous in 2024! (34 mots) TTTB Bravo !
Attention à la construction : ‘she would prefer to exhibit’

- The LANDLADY had a perfect FIGURE; she arrived LAUGHING (and said)/ saying: EVEN THOUGH the place is small, it is BRIGHT and PROPERLY maintained; (20)[WOULD YOU LIKE me to SHOW you EVENTUALLY. » 31 mots Oui ! Très bien Magie, sauf que ton WOULD est simplement conditionnel, sans aucune valeur de ‘volonté’. Quel dommage ! ] Je garde jusque ‘maintained’ et enlevant un mot superflu… (EH, j’économise !) I ‘ll SHOW you; EVENTUALLY, I was sure you WOULD rent it.(+12) : 32 Pas si mal !

- The LANDLADY started her “guesthouse” EVEN THOUGH her husband WOULDN’T help her;(12) three years later she SHOW(S up LAUGHING with (BRIGHT-eyed(il ne faut pas d’adjectif composé) in front of him, waving the FIGURES of her balance sheet: ‘EVENTUALLY, I succeeded!’ ‘PROPERLY speaking, you’re a champion!’ (42 words)
TTB sauf que les points d’exclamation et l’intervention d’un second locuteur reviennent à mettre des points ! Dommage !
Voyons, voyons… (je garde jusque ‘help her’)
Three years later, she SHOWED him the FIGURES of her balance sheet, LAUGHING with BRIGHT eyes and howling she EVENTUALLY succeeded. (33 en tout ! Pas si mal !)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- «You make me LAUGH», said the LANDLADY, who EVENTUALLY cut a FIGURE when the tenants told her they WOULDN’T PAY the rent ;
SHOWING her the lighting didn’t work PROPERLY and the room wasn’t BRIGHT enough, EVEN THOUGH she made improvements… 43 words TB
(BE CAREFUL! wouldn’t= 2 words / didn’t= 2 words/ wasn’t=2 words) !

- "I almost LAUGHED when the LANDLADY proudly SHOWED me the shockingly high FIGURES of the rent; EVEN THOUGH the flat was (very) BRIGHT very PROPERLY equipped, I EVENTUALLY told her I (clearly) WOULD'NT take it. 34 words." TTB
(Pour arriver au nombre de mots annoncé, j’ai encore mis deux mots entre parenthèses)

- EVEN THOUGH the LANDLADY was LAUGHING when he SHOWED the FIGURES of the estimated budget, this BRIGHT guy PROPERLY answered her and EVENTUALLY she WOULD cancel the project. 27 words PERFECT ! Rien à redire, sauf BRAVO !

- The LANDLADY immediately LAUGHED when I SHOWED her the project, but she PROPERLY told me I was BRIGHT, and EVENTUALLY, she WOULD sign it up, EVEN THOUGH the FIGURES were a bit high. 33 words TTTB. BRAVO

- What a LANDLADY could SHOW you without LAUGHING, and EVEN THOUGH she WOULD prefer to exhibit another FIGURE, is a BRIGHT red sign EVENTUALLY stuck on your door and PROPERLY written: be more generous in 2024! (34 mots) TTTB Bravo !

- The LANDLADY had a perfect FIGURE; she arrived LAUGHING, saying: EVEN THOUGH the place is small, it is BRIGHT and PROPERLY maintained; I'll SHOW you; EVENTUALLY, I’m sure you WOULD rent it. 32 Pas si mal !

- The LANDLADY started her “guesthouse” EVEN THOUGH her husband WOULDN’T help her; three years later, she SHOWED him the FIGURES of her balance sheet, LAUGHING with BRIGHT eyes, howling she had EVENTUALLY succeeded. (33 en tout ! Pas si mal !)

Si vous trouvez mieux (ou simplement différent qui vous plairait mieux ) pour vos auto-corrections, n'hésitez pas à reposter...

Encore de ce très bon travail et

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de port58, postée le 01-02-2024 à 12:02:24 (S | E)
pour cette super correction !

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de happynutmeg13, postée le 02-02-2024 à 15:12:30 (S | E)
Merci pour la correction ! Vivement le prochain !

Réponse : Playing with words/ 51 de mad14, postée le 03-02-2024 à 11:47:01 (S | E)
Thank you very much here4U;
Seeing the corrections of our friendly coworkers, we improve our knowledge.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.