Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Exercice mixte/ 11

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page 1 | 2 | Fin | >>
Exercice mixte/ 11
Message de here4u posté le 26-07-2014 à 17:21:29 (S | E | F)
Hello!

En utilisant les éléments donnés, faire une phrase complexe logique. (Plusieurs constructions sont possibles : la 'meilleure' selon vous, vous est demandée, mais vous pouvez, selon votre 'appétit', en donner plusieurs, 3 maximum ! )
Par convention, vous devez commencer par ( le début de) la première phrase, mais devez effectuer les modifications grammaticales qui s'imposent.

For a change, being given 2 sentences or phrases, you'll have to make one complex and logical sentence. There are, of course several satisfactory possibilities, each time. Give me your best one ... and if you really want to, you may give several ... up to 3 for each sentence ( but you don't have to if you don't want to ! !)
You'll have to start your answer with the beginning of the first sentence ...

It's a exercise and the correction will be on August 15th.

1) The boys are playing football - we'll have coffee quietly.
2) I'd rather sit on a bench - not go for a walk ...
3) That man is my boss - you smashed up his car.
4) She's brought 6 friends with her - three friends are Americans and only one is French.
5) Please, give me the dictionary - I left it on the table - The table stands by the window.

6) Tu me manqueras pendant ces vacances, mais je promets de bien m'amuser en plus de prendre soin de ton chat !
7) Ne me cache rien : soit tu me dis tout, soit je le découvrirai moi-même. Le plus tôt sera le mieux, et je ne te cacherai rien non plus.
8) Je ne te laisserai partir que lorsque tu m'auras dit où tu as caché la télécommande afin que je puisse suivre ma série favorite.
9) Il ne me reste plus que quelques heures avant de prendre l'avion pour Hawaï. C'est une bonne nouvelle, non ?
10) Tu as raison ! Je n'aurais pas dû la croire. Elle ment toujours et il ne peut y avoir sur ce sujet qu'une seule version ...

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 26-07-2014 20:55

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de maxwell, postée le 27-07-2014 à 16:23:50 (S | E)
Hello here4u, I'm very pleased to train myself with your exercises, and thank you again for your detailed explanations.

Here's my work but I seem to have missed the point in a few sentences. We'll see...

1.a The boys are playing football so much that we'll have coffee quietly
1.b The boys are playing football, so (or : therefore, or : as a consequence), we'll have coffee quietly
1.c The boys are playing football, which means that we'll have coffee quietly
I'd rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk ...
That man whose car you smashed up, is my boss.
4) She's brought 6 friends with her - three friends are Americans and only one is French.
She's brought six friends with her, three of whom are Americans, and only one of whom is French
5) Please, give me the dictionary - I left it on the table - The table stands by the window.
Please, give me the dictionary I left on the table which stands by the window

6) Tu me manqueras pendant ces vacances, mais je promets de bien m'amuser en plus de prendre soin de ton chat !
6.a I'll miss you during this holiday, but I promise to quite enjoy myself as well as take care of your cat !
6.b I'll be missing you throughout this holiday, but I promise to have fun besides taking good care of your cat !
7) Ne me cache rien : soit tu me dis tout, soit je le découvrirai moi-même. Le plus tôt sera le mieux, et je ne te cacherai rien non plus.
Don't hide anything from me : either you tell me everything about it first, or I'll discover it by myself. The sooner the better, and I won't hide anything from you either.
8) Je ne te laisserai partir que lorsque tu m'auras dit où tu as caché la télécommande afin que je puisse suivre ma série favorite.
I won't let you leave until you've told me where you left the zapper so that I can follow my favorite (TV) series.
9) Il ne me reste plus que quelques heures avant de prendre l'avion pour Hawaï. C'est une bonne nouvelle, non ?
There's only a few hours left before I fly to Hawaï. That's good news, isn't it ?
10) Tu as raison ! Je n'aurais pas dû la croire. Elle ment toujours et il ne peut y avoir sur ce sujet qu'une seule version ...
10.a You're right ! I shouldn't have believed her. She's always lying ! And there can be but one version of truth
10.b You're right ! I shouldn't have trusted her. She's always lying and only one version of the facts can be stated

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de kazan, postée le 27-07-2014 à 17:53:43 (S | E)
Hello again!
Let's get the ball rolling.

-->We'll have coffee quietly while the boys play football.
-->I'd rather sit on a bench rather than going for a walk.
The man whose car you smashed up is my boss.
-->She's brought six friends with her, three of whom are Americans and only one French.
--> Please, give me the dictionary I left on the table standing by the window.

-->I'll miss you during the holidays but I promise to have good fun as well as take care of your cat.
--> Don't hide anything from me: either you tell me everything of I'll find out myself. The sooner the better and I won't hide anything from you ***either.***
--> I won't let you leave until you tell me where you have hidden the remote so I can watch my favorite series.
-->I only have a few hours left before taking off to Hawaï. This is good news, isn't it ( huh?) : )
-->You were right! I shouldn't have believed her. She's always lying and besides there can be only one version on this subject.

I enjoyed translating all these. Keep going!

-------------------
Modifié par kazan le 06-08-2014 18:47

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de tereda, postée le 28-07-2014 à 10:40:04 (S | E)
hello Here4u and everyone !
I spent a good time to try to make this exercice, even if it's a little difficult for me, but I enjoyed to make it.

1. While the boys are playing football, we could have a coffee quietly, what do you think ?
As soon as boys play football, we'll have a coffee quietly, ok ?
2. Today, I'd rather sit on a bench, I don't wish to go for a walk, now.
I'd rather sit on a bench, today, It doesn't tell me anything to go for a walk.
3. That man is my boss, and you smashed up his car ! Do you realise what you have done ?
My God, that man is my boss ! and you've smashed up his car ! You couldn't chose another car for playing the stuntman !
4. Finally, she's brought 6 friends with her, three are Americans, two are English and only one is French.
With 6 friends she's brought with her, she could improve her English, 3 are American, 2 are English and only one is French.
5. Please, can you bring (give) me the dictionary which is on the table near the window?
Can I ask you to bring me the dictionary that I left on the table near the window ?

6. I'll miss you during Holidays, but I promises to enjoy myself, and not only to take care of your cat ! ( or I promises to have a good time, ....)
7. Don't hide me anything, either you say everything, either I'll discover it by myself. The sooner will be the best, and I won't hide you anything, any more.
8. I'll let you leave only when you'll have told me where you have hidden the remote control, 'cause I want to watch my favorite series - in order to be able to attend my favorite series. ( or to follow my favorite series) .
You will be able to go out only when you'll have told me where you have hidden the remote control, ......
9. I have only some hours left before taking off to Hawaï, It's a good news, isn't it ? before boarding the plane to Hawaï.....
10. You are right ! I shouldn't have believed her, she is always telling lies, and there may be only one version about this topic.

THANK YOU AGAIN Here4u, to allow us to improve our English.
Tereda

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 28-07-2014 à 13:31:53 (S | E)
Hello !
Fast workers, aren't you ! Many very, very interesting things ... A few expressions I expected haven't been out yet, but that's just a beginning ... Remember you can edit as much as you want ( I could notice a few avoidable mistakes ...) but so many very good phrases ...

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de maxwell, postée le 28-07-2014 à 20:45:58 (S | E)
9) There are only a few hours left before I fly to Hawaï. That's good news, isn't it ?

What a shame !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de jo06, postée le 29-07-2014 à 16:49:53 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Everyone seems to enjoy your exercises.Thank you again for your help.
This is my try:

1) While the boys are playing football, we'll have coffee quietly.
2) I'd rather sit on a bench than go for a walk.
I'd prefer to sit on a bench rather than go for a walk. (instead "of going for a walk" or "of walking").
3) That man whose car you smashed up is my boss
My boss is the man from whom you smashed up the car
4) She's brought 6 friends with her, there are three Americans and only one French.
She's brought 6 friends with her, three of them are American and only one is French.
She's brought 6 friends with her,three of whom are Americans and only one (of whom) is French.
5) Please ,(would you)give me the dictionary that is on the table over there by the window.
Please,give me the dictionary I left on the table near the window (near to the window).
6) I'll miss you during these holidays but I promise I'll enjoy it on top of taking care of your cat.
7) Don't hide anything from me: either you tell me all of it or I'll find out by myself. The sooner (will be) the better
and I won't hide anything either (or I won't either).
8) I'll let you go only if you tell me where you have hidden the remote so that I can watch(keep up with)my favorite
series (or serial).
9) Ther are a few hours left before taking plane to Hawaî. It's a good news,isn't it?
10)You are right!I shouldn't have to believe her(or have trusted her).She always lies.It might be only
one version on that matter.
Modifié par jo06 le 29-07-2014 17:02

-------------------
Modifié par jo06 le 03-08-2014 10:19

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de taiji43, postée le 29-07-2014 à 21:55:22 (S | E)
Hello Here4u

I have just come back from Brittany (wonderful and sunny)

Here is my try.thank you for this exercice

.1. The boys are playing football - we'll have coffee quietly
The boys are playing football meanwhile/in the meantime we’ll have coffee quietly.
The boys are playing football, therefore/so/ we'll have coffee quietly.
The boys are playing football, in between time/ we'll have coffee quietly.???

2) I'd rather sit on a bench-not go for a walk
I'd rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk.
I'd rather sit on a bench but must important of all.: not go for a walk.

That man is my boss whose car you smashed up.

She's brought six friends with her, whose three of them are Americans, and whose only one of them is French
She has bought six friends with her, three of whom are Americans, and only one of whom is French.

Please, give me the dictionary I left on the table which stands by the window.

6) Tu me manqueras pendant ces vacances, mais je promets de bien m'amuser en plus de prendre soin de ton chat
I'll miss you during this holiday, however I’ll enjoy myself as well as take care of your cat
I'll miss you during this holiday, however I promise I’ll have the time of my life besides taking good care of your cat.

7) Ne me cache rien : soit tu me dis tout : soit je le découvrirai moi-même. Le plus tôt sera le mieux, et je ne te cacherai rien non plus.
Don't hide anything from me: either you tell me everything about it, or I'll find out about it by myself/ on my own. The sooner the better and I won't hide anything from you either.

I won't let you go until you have told me where you have hidden the zapper/remote control so that/in order that/ I should follow my favourite series

9) Il ne me reste plus que quelques heures avant de prendre l'avion pour Hawaï. C'est une bonne nouvelle, non?
There are only a few hours left before flying to Hawaii. That's good news, isn't it ?

10) Tu as raison ! Je n'aurais pas dû la croire. Elle ment toujours et il ne peut y avoir sur ce sujet qu'une seule version
You're right. I shouldn't have believed her. She isalways telling and only one version dealing with the subject must be
” the honest truth.”

-------------------
Modifié par taiji43 le 04-08-2014 18:33

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de bibi62, postée le 29-07-2014 à 22:22:46 (S | E)
Hello Here4you
This exercise is not an easy one but I think it's a good idea to do it.So,even if I'm not confident i tried to do my best.
Best regards.
bibi 62.
Here is my try.

1)The boys are playing football so we'll have coffee quietly.
As the boys are playing football,we'll have coffee quietly.
2)I'd rather not go for a walk and sit on a bench.
I'd rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk.
3)That man whom you smashed up his car is my boss.
4)She brought 6 friends with her,3 of whom are Americans and one is French.
5)Please,give me the dictionary I left on the table situated near the window.
6)I will miss you during these holidays but I promise to have fun in addition to take care of your cat.
7)Don't conceal me anything:either you tell me everything or I will discover it myself.The sooner the better and I won't conceal you anything neither.
8)I will only let you go when you tell me where you hid the remote control so that I can watch my favorite series.
9)It only stays me several hours before flying to Hawaii. There is good news,isn't it?
10)You are right!I wouldn't have had to believe her.She is always lying and it's only possible to have a single version about this topic.

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de koreen2012, postée le 30-07-2014 à 04:39:07 (S | E)
Hello here4u
There is a change!!!! It's good for our brain to change our habit, isn't it
Thank you for this exercise and new challenge!
Here is my try

--> The boys are playing football, so, why don't we have a coffee quietly

--> I'd rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk
--> I'd rather sit on a bench in preference to go walking

--> That man whom you have smashed the car up is my boss
--> That man whose car you have smashed up is my boss

--> She's brought 6 friends with her, three of whom are Americans and only one is French.

--> Please, give me the dictionary that I left on the table which stands by the window.

I will miss you during holidays, but I promise you to have fun in addition to take care of your cat!

Don't hide anything from me: either you tell me everything or I will discover it by myself. The sooner the better and I won't conceal you anything too.

I won't let you go as soon as you tell me where you have hidden the remote control, so that I can watch my favourite series.

There are few hours left before I take the flight for Hawaii. That's good news, isn't that.
I have only few hours before taking the flight for Hawaii. That's good news, isn't that.

You are right! I shouldn't have believed in her. She always lies and there cannot be only one version for this subject....

See you soon

-------------------
Modifié par koreen2012 le 31-07-2014 05:31
I added some proposal and changed other, sentence n°3

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de mamou3, postée le 30-07-2014 à 07:41:29 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, Hello Everybody !

Not easy at all but I tried like that :

1.a) While the boys are playing football we'll have coffee quietly.
b) As the boys are playing football we'll have coffee quietly.
2.I'd rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk.
3. That man whom you smashed the car is my boss.
4. She brought 6 friends with her 3 of whom are Americans and only 1 is French.
5. Please, give me the dictionary which I left on the table by the window.

6. I'll miss you during the holidays but I promise you to have fun besides taking care of your cat.
7. Don't hide anything from me either you tell me everything or I'll discover it myself, the sooner the better and I'll hide from you nothing either.
8. I'll let you go only when you'll have told me where you had hidden the zapper so that I can follow my favorite series.
9. I have only few hours before taking the plane to Hawaï. That's great news, isn't it ?
10.You're right ! I shouldn't have trusted her. She always lies and only one version can be possible about this subject.

Thanks a lot Here4u !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de maya92, postée le 31-07-2014 à 17:51:57 (S | E)
Hello Here4u

1 - Let’s have a nice quiet cup of coffee while the boys are playing football
The boys are playing football meanwhile we can quietly enjoy a nice cup of coffee
2 - I’d rather sit on a bench than go for a walk
3 - That man whose car you smashed up is my boss (or should I say Was my boss..)
- That man is my boss and you smashed up his car !
4 – She’s brought six friends with her : three of them are Americans, two I don’t where they come
from and only one is French
5 – Please give me the dictionary which is on the table by the window
Please give me the dictionary that I left on the table by the window
6 – I’ll miss you during the holidays but I promised myself to have a good time on top of nursing
your cat
- I'll miss you during the holidays but not only will I take care of your cat but I'll have a great
time too !
7 – Don’t keep anything from me : either you tell me all or I’ll find it by myself. The sooner the better and I won’t keep anything from you either
- Be perfectly honest with me : whether you tell me everything or I’ll find it by myself. The sooner the better and I’ll be perfectly honest with you too.
8 – I won’t let you go unless you tell me where you have hidden the remote control. I need it to watch
my favourite series
- I’ll let you go only if you tell me where you have hidden the remote control so that I can watch my
favourite series
9 – Only some hours left and I’ll fly to Hawaï. Good news isn’t it ?
- Only some hours left before my flying to Hawaï. Isn’t that good news ?
10 – You’re right. I should not have believed her she is such a liar, and about that topic there can be
only one version
- You’re right. It has been stupid of me to believe her, she is lying through and only one version
can be given about that subject

I've loved that exercise ! Please some more..
Not on holidays yet ? Thanks a lot

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 01-08-2014 à 11:22:43 (S | E)
Hello

Seeing you rush to work is a pleasure ...
When you want to change something in your work (and you should do it !), please do it directly on/in your first try ... (thus, it's much easier, and time-saving for me as I copy your final work and correct it off-line)
You're doing very well ... For sentence 4, I really 'would like' relatives ! Don't avoid it/them ...
Have a great weekend !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de alpiem, postée le 02-08-2014 à 12:08:37 (S | E)
Hello dear here 4u .thanks for taking care of us.I suppose the 5 latest sentences are pure theme?

1/As soon as the boys are playing football we'll be able to have coffee quietly.
IF ONLY thé boys were playing football we would be able to have coffee quietly.

2/I'd rather not go for a walk and sit on a bench.
Since I'd rather sit on a bench I'll not go for a walk.

3/That man is my boss ,you crazy! You smashed up his car!
Did you know that man is my boss? You smashed his car up!
Do you know whose car you smashed up? it's my boss' car!
4/Among the 6 friends she has brought whith her there are 3 Americans and only one French.
She's brought 6 friends with her amongst whom there are 3 Americans and only one French.

5/Would you be so kind as to give me the dictionary I left on the table-the one standing by the window.

6/I'll miss you during these holydays but I promise I will enjoy myself, along with (besides) taking care of your cat !

7/Don't hide anything to me: either you tell me all the matter or I'll find (work )it out myself. The sooner the better and I'll not hide you anything either.

8/I won't let you go until you have told me where you hid the remote control so that I could see my favourite show.

9/I nearly have some hours left before I take the plane to Haway.It's a good news , isn't it?

10/You're right ! I shouldn't have trusted her.She's always liing and there must be only one version on this topic.

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 02-08-2014 17:42

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de lakata, postée le 02-08-2014 à 19:17:10 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u!

You can imagine I have had no choice but to love this kind of exercise ! Thank you so much!!!

1a) The boys are playing football, so, let's take advantage of this opportunity to have coffee quietly!
1b) The boys are playing football...How about jumping at the chance to have coffee quietly?
1c) As the boys are playing football, we might have coffee quietly, unless...

2) I'd rather sit on a bench - not go for a walk.
2a) I'd rather sit on a bench than go for a walk / instead of going for a walk.
2b) I'd rather sit on a bench in order to get some rest before going for a walk.
2c) I'd rather sit on a bench and will go for a walk as soon as I feel like doing it.

3) That man is my boss - you smashed his car.
3a) That man is my boss and the car you smashed up is his!
3b) That man whose car you smashed up is my boss and I'm not really in with him, you know ...But he can't know we are mates, can he? At least, I hope so!

4) She's brought six friends with her - three friends are Americans and only one is French.
4a) She's brought six friends with her, three of whom are Americans and only one is a French.
4b) Among the six friends she's brought with her, three are American while only one is French. I must confess I know nothing about the other two.

5a) Please, give me the dictionary I left on the table by the window. I'd like to look up the meaning of "hereforu"...
-----------------------------------------------------
6) I'll miss you during the holidays, but I promise I'll enjoy myself very much in addition to look after your cat!

7) Don't conceal anything from me : either you tell me all, or I'll find it out by myself. The sooner, the better, and I won't hide anything from you either.

8) I won't let you go unless you tell me where you have hidden the remote control so that I can watch my favorite series.

9) Only a few hours left before the takeoff of my plane to Hawaii. This is good news, don't you think so?

10) You're right! I shouldn't have believed her. She's always lying and it can be nothing but only one version about this topic.

Soon on holiday? I hope so. Have a great time ! You deserve it.

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 02-08-2014 à 21:40:17 (S | E)
Hello
I knew that most of you would like the possibility and the freedom to write what you felt like writing !(correcting all this will take me daaaayyyyssss ! but I like it !) and of course, our Dear Lakata took advantage to make humour and break loose ... I forgive you ! You've made me laugh !
Hope you're all well ! have a great sunny Sunday !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de ariane6, postée le 04-08-2014 à 18:42:08 (S | E)
Hello here4u,

The boys are playing football, so in the meantime we'll have coffee quietly.
Fortunately the boys are playing football at the moment which means we'll be having coffee quietly.
As the boys are playing football we'll sneak off and quietly have coffee.

I'd rather sit on a bench than go for a walk...
I'd rather sit on a bench after such a long walk...
I'd rather not go for a walk but stay sitting here on the bench...

That man whose car you smashed up is my boss.
I'd like to introduce you to my boss whose car you smashed up...oops !

She's brought six friends with her, three of them are Americans and just one is French.
Among the six friends she's brought with her, three are U.S. citizens but only one is French!!!
She's brought along 6 friends, 3 whose nationality is American and one who claims to be French.

Please, give me the dictionary I left on the table by the window.
Could you please pass me the dictionary I left on the table next to the window.

I'll miss you during this holiday, but I promise you, I'll enjoy myself as well as taking care of your cat.

Don't hide anything from me. Either you'll tell me everything or I'll find out myself. The sooner you do the better. And I won't hide anything from you either.

I won't let you leave until you tell me where you've hidden the remote control, so I can watch my favourite tv series.

Just some hours before I fly to Hawaii. That's great news, isn't it?

You're right! I shouldn't have believed her. She's always lying and only one version of this story can be true.

Thank you, here4u,
Enjoy your holidays ! Have a great time !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de komiks, postée le 05-08-2014 à 10:07:27 (S | E)
Hello here4u,
Thanks for this great exercise. I really had a great time doing it.
Here's my try
P.S.: Good luck with all the corrections

a- Given that the boys are playing football, we’ll have coffee quietly.
b- The boys are playing football, therefore/so/thus we’ll have coffee quietly.
c- We’ll have coffee quietly while the boys are playing football.

a- I’d rather sit on a bench than go for a walk…
b- Do you mind if we sit on a bench instead of going for a walk?

a- The man, whose car you smashed up, is my boss
b- The car you smashed up is my boss’s one…

a- 3 of the friends she has brought with her are American and only one of them is French.
b- She’s brought 6 friends with her, three of whom are American and only one is French.
c- She’s brought 6 friends with her, including 3 Americans but only one French.

Please give me the dictionary I left on the table (that stands) by the window.

I’ll miss you during this holiday, but I swear you to enjoy myself as well as taking care of your cat.

Don’t hide anything to me: either you tell me everything, or I’ll find out by myself. The sooner, the better. And I won’t hide anything to you either.

I won’t let you go until you tell me where you have hidden the remote control (the zapper) so that I can follow my favourite (favorite) series

There are only a few hours left until we take the plane to Hawaii. It’s such great news, isn’t it ?

You’re right ! I shouldn’t have believed her. She’s always lying and there can be just one version about this topic

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 06-08-2014 à 01:11:49 (S | E)
Thanks for you funny Frenchman, Ariane and to you, komiks !
Have all a good day !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de sanna6, postée le 06-08-2014 à 23:31:47 (S | E)
Hello

1)The boys are playing football - we'll have coffee quietly.
=>The boys are playing football so that we could have coffee quietly.

=> I'd rather sit on a bench than go for a walk ...

=> That man is my boss and you shouldn't smash up his car.
=> That man is my boss and you smashed up his car.

=> She's brought 6 friends with her, there are three Americains only one French and two that we don't know where they come from.
=> She's brought 6 friends with her, whose three are Americans and one is French.

=> Please, give me the dictionary which is on the table near the window.

=> I will miss you during these holidays, but I promise to have fun and to take care of your cat !

Don't hide anything from me : either you tell me all or I will discover it by myself. Sooner will be the best and I don't hide you anything from me too.

I will let you go only when you say me where you hid the remote control for the TV so that I could see my favorite movie.

I only have a few hours before I take a flight to Hawaï. It's a good new, isn't it ?

You are right !I shouldn't have believed her. She lies all the time and It can have on this subject only one version.

I will try to improve it again.
Thank you again for this exercise !

-------------------
Modifié par sanna6 le 10-08-2014 09:50

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de joe39, postée le 07-08-2014 à 11:45:51 (S | E)

Hi here4u!

Here is my work,
I did after a lot of mental efforts,
And atrocious pains,
Which made me constrained,
To take a pill against,
The huge headache,
I got to comply
With your “consigne”

1)The boys are playing football - we'll have coffee quietly.
The boys were playing football, and we had time to have coffee quietly.
The boys were playing football, while we were having a coffee quietly.
I'd rather be seated on a bench, than go for a walk
I'd rather not go for a walk but seat on a bench.
I'd rather be sitting on a bench instead of going for a walk.
That man whose car you smashed up was my boss.
This man whose car you have smashed up is my boss.
4) She's brought 6 friends with her - three friends are Americans and only one is
French.
She’s brought 6 friends to the party: three were Americans, one was French, but, due to the deafening loud and awful chaos which were up in there, I couldn’t learn where the other two were from.
Please, be so kind to give me the dictionary, which I left on the table that stands by the window.
I’ll miss you during these holidays, but I promise I’ll will do my best to enjoy myself besides to take care of your cat!
Don’t hide anything from me : either you tell me everything or I’ll find out it from myself anyway. The sooner the better and I won’t hide you anything either.
I’ll let you go after you tell me where you have hidden the remote control, thus allowing me to watch my favourite series.
I have to wait only a few hours to catch the plane to the Hawaii.
This is a good news: Isn’t it?
You are right! I shouldn’t have believed her. She’s always lying and she would have but only a version of the matter….
Indeed this time I found your clause of starting the answers very restrictive such as to make my phantasy impossible to develop as I wanted to .
Anyhow it was evenly pleasant.
I wish you a nice weekend.
Joe39

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 07-08-2014 à 18:36:45 (S | E)
Hello Joe ...

Looks as if you really wanted to upset me ! My purpose had been to give you Freedom ... and not to limit it !
(I'm kidding, of course! Don't take me 'in the first degree...' But I really gave you Freedom! . )
Some of your co-workers have let themselves go so well that I think I'll have to start refusing new changes from the 12th, if I want to be able to work on your suggestions and list all the good possibilities you gave me ...
I hope you're all doing well !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de lucile83, postée le 08-08-2014 à 10:44:54 (S | E)
Hello

Voici ma proposition, avec une seule phrase chaque fois. Faut économiser de nos jours, même notre propre énergie
See you

The boys are playing football, which will allow us to have coffee quietly.

I’d rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk.

That man whose car you smashed up is my boss.

She’s brought 6 friends with her, three of whom are Americans and only one is French.

Please give me the dictionary that I left on the table standing by the window.

I’ll miss you during these holidays, but I promise to enjoy myself as well as to take care of your cat !

Don’t hide anything : either you tell me everything, or I’ll find it by myself. The sooner, the better, and I’ll tell you everything as well.

I’ll let you go only after you have told me where you have hidden the remote control so that I can go on watching my favourite series.

I have just a few hours left before taking the plane to Hawaï. It is good news, isn’t it?

You are right ! I shouldn’t have trusted her. She is always lying and there is only one possible version on that subject…

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 10-08-2014 à 06:12:29 (S | E)
Hello !
I've started the long process of listing your good answers ... you did very well, but I must protest that not all of you respected my request of "starting with the first words of the first sentence'
A few very disobedient workers, lovers of extended Freedom ! I love you !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de notrepere, postée le 10-08-2014 à 23:30:35 (S | E)
Hello

1) Since the boys are playing football, let's sit and have a nice quiet cup of coffee together.

2) I'd prefer to sit on this bench than go for a walk...

3) The car that you have just smashed into belongs to my boss.

4) Among the friends she's brought with her are three Americans and one Frenchie.

5) Please bring me the dictionary I left on the table by the window.

6) I will miss you while you are on vacation, but I promise to have lots of fun in addition to taking care of your cat!

7) Don't hold back. Either spill the beans or I'll discover it myself. The sooner the better and I'll be forthcoming too.

8) I won't let you leave until you tell me where you've hidden the remote control so I can keep up with my favorite series.

9) There are only a few hours left before I hop on the plane to Hawaii. What great news, eh?

10) You're right! I shouldn’t have believed her. She is always lying and there is only one possible version of events.

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de ronald1955, postée le 11-08-2014 à 12:52:10 (S | E)
Hello here4u,
Here's my try

a The boys are playing football,so/therefore/we’ll have coffee quietly.
b The boys are playing football,which will let us have coffee quietly.
c The boys are playing football,which means that we'll have coffee quietly.

a I'd rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk.
b I'd rather sit on a bench than go for a walk.
c Would you mind if we sat on a bench instead of going for a walk? (I must admit that I didn't respect your request of starting with the first words of the sentence ) sorry about that!

a That man whose car you smashed up is my boss.
b That man is my boss and you smashed up his car.

a She's brought six friends with her, three of whom are Americans and only one of whom is French.
b She’s brought six friends with her, three of whom are Americans and only one is French.

a Please, give me the dictionary I left on the table which stands by the window.
b Please, give me the dictionary that I left on the table/which is/standing by the window.

6) Tu me manqueras pendant ces vacances, mais je promets de bien m'amuser en plus de prendre soin de ton chat!
a I'll miss you during these holidays, but I promise to enjoy myself as well as look after/take care of your cat!
b I'll miss you during these holidays, not only will I take care of your cat but also enjoy myself!

a Don't hide anything from me : either you tell me everything about it first, or I'll discover it by myself. The sooner the better, and I won't hide anything from you either.
b Don’t keep anything from me : either you tell me everything or I’ll find it by myself. The sooner the better and I won’t keep anything from you either.

a I won't let you leave until you've told me where you left the remote control so that I can follow my favorite/favourite TV series.
b I won’t let you go unless you tell me where you have hidden the remote control. I need it to watch my favorite/favourite series.

a There's only a few hours left before flying to Hawaii. That's good news, isn't it?
b I have only a few hours before taking my/the plane to Hawaii. That's good news, isn't that?

a You're right ! I shouldn't have believed her. She's always lying ! And there can be only one version of truth.
b You're right ! I shouldn’t have trusted her. She is always lying and there is only one possible version on that subject.

Thanks a lot here4you for making these exercises so interesting !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 11-08-2014 à 21:24:18 (S | E)
Hello !

As I announced, I will start reviewing the 18, yes E I G H T E E N (I'm not shouting, I'm admiring you ...) wonderful works you've given me ! I do accept more !
I don't think I'll give all the possibilities in my 'correction', (it would be uninteresting for you, and an endless work for me. ... I'll give the 2 or 3 best ones for each sentence and 'criticise' and congratulate in your individual answers ...
I'll start tonight ...as the Forum is very quiet ...

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de emyliestar97, postée le 12-08-2014 à 16:34:29 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, thanks a lot for your interesting exercise. Keep going

The boys are playing football so we'll have coffee quietly.

I'd rather sit on a bench instead of going for a walk...

You smashed up the car of that man who is my boss.
The man whose car you smashed up is my boss!

She's brought 6 friends with her, three of whom are Americans and only one is French.
Three among the 6 friends she's brought whit her are Americans and only one is French.

Please, give me the dictionary I left on the table standing by the window.

I'll miss you during the holidays, but I promise to enjoy myself as well as taking care of your cat!

Hide nothing from me: either you tell me everything or I'll find it by myself. The sooner the better, and I will not hide anything from you either.

I won't let you go until you have told me where you hid the remote so I can follow my favorite series.

It only remains for me a few hours before flying to Hawaii. This is good news, right?

You're right! I would not have believed her. She is always lying and there is only one version of this subject.

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de bibi62, postée le 12-08-2014 à 19:13:41 (S | E)
Thanks a lot Here4 you,
I'm looking forward to receiving my personal correction.
I did the other exercises( from exercise 1 to exercise 5) and I learned a lot!
Bibi62

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 13-08-2014 à 05:42:24 (S | E)
Hello
I like your enthusiasm , but have quite a lot on my mind and plate just now !
Don't worry, you'll receive your personal correction before the deadline, as promised !... I'm trying to do my best. From Monday, I started correcting on a first-come-first-served basis !
Your turn will come, I hope !

Réponse: Exercice mixte/ 11 de here4u, postée le 13-08-2014 à 22:39:22 (S | E)
Fate is against me .... There seems to be a total IT rebellion at home tonight ... Nothing works as usual ( laptop, cordless mouse, i- pad... )
I hope I.ll manage to fix a minimum tomorrow.... ( I'm hardly half way through the corrections ! )
Sorry !
I keep my fingers crossed !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum
Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page 1 | 2 | Fin | >>

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.