- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Rack Your Brains and Help/15

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack Your Brains and Help/15
Message de here4u posté le 29-01-2018 à 20:31:07 (S | E | F)
Hello Dear friends!

Sorry I was persuaded that I had posted the following exercise at the beginning of the weekend... I hope you won't have missed it!
Take care, this one, like the preceding one, is quite difficult. My Student is really quite discouraging... He hardly improves at all and will need your help once again. No punctuation at all, this time... You could believe he makes no effort.

The second exercise is another reordering... perhaps a little less difficult than the preceding one, because it's more attached to grammar... (and you like grammar so much, don't you? ) It's another and it will be corrected online on Monday, 12 February. I give you the FORCE.

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! In the following text, there are many, many mistakes to correct and the punctuation to add...

Candlemas in 2th february celebrate candels they are blessées and uzed for rest of year Its a habitude to eating « crêpes » (or pan cake) in that day A sure symbolisme is associated with the preparation of crêpes with the rounded shape and gold colour pan cakes are reminder of solar disk and of return of spring after dark and cold of Winter A tradition is to flipp crêpes in air with right and whereas helding a gold coin or somes others coin on left end in order to having the prosperity all the year One has to ensure than pan cakes landing proprelly in pan It is also told that first crêpe should be keeped into ensure plentifull harvest more late in year Pan cake will supposy not got moldy and keep of misery and deprivation far
in 2th february anglo saxon celebrate Groundhog Day it deriving from Deusch superstition than if groundhog emerging from its furrow in this day see a shadow du clear weether she will retrit to its den and winter persists during six more weeks and if he does not du to cloudliness Spring season will arrive early Phil more famous groundhog at the world and predict how winter will last long Phil is supposy giftd of season intuition during this three-days celebration groundhog bingo workhops art show a scavanger hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time craft and a « Kid Korner with groundhog day » related activities) are organised.

Candlemas ? or Groundhog Day? Make your choice...

II) REMETTEZ LES ELEMENTS DANS L'ORDRE POUR FAIRE (A CHAQUE FOIS) UNE PHRASE CORRECTE.(tous les éléments doivent être utilisés. )
1.WHO/ ANOTHER/ GOT/ WAS/ JUST/ A/ HAD/ MAN/ VICTIM/ MARRIED/ YOUNG/
2.WAS/ DECADES/ WEEK/ WORST/ WEST/ BY/ LAST/ GERMANY/ ACCIDENT/ COAL MINING/ ITS/ HIT/ IN
3.HARDLY/ WHEN/ DOWN/ TO/ WE/ THE/ THE/ WERE /HAD/ BEGUN/ APPRECIATE/ CUT/ TREES/ VIEW/

Good LUCK, with the help of THE FORCE.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 29-01-2018 21:21

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 05-02-2018 à 23:41:25 (S | E)
Hello !

Looks as if this exercise was puzzling you... or that you're polishing your answers!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de joe39, postée le 06-02-2018 à 17:34:07 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,

Indeed I get puzzled, as usual. Anyway here is my try, ready to be corrected.

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! In the following text, there are many, many mistakes to correct and the punctuation to add...

Candlemas in 2th february celebrate candels they are blessées and uzed for rest of year Its a habitude to eating « crêpes » (or pan cake) in that day A sure symbolisme is associated with the preparation of crêpes with the rounded shape and gold colour pan cakes are reminder of solar disk and of return of spring after dark and cold of Winter
A tradition is to flipp crêpes in air with right and whereas helding a gold coin or somes others coin on left end in order to having the prosperity all the year One has to ensure than pan cakes landing proprelly in pan It is also told that first crêpe should be keeped into ensure plentifull harvest more late in year Pan cake will supposy not got moldy and keep of misery and deprivation far

in 2th february anglo saxon celebrate Groundhog Day it deriving from Deusch superstition than if groundhog emerging from its furrow in this day see a shadow du clear weether she will retrit to its den and winter persists during six more weeks and if he does not du to cloudliness Spring season will arrive early
Phil more famous groundhog at the world and predict how winter will last long Phil is supposy giftd of season intuition during this three-days celebration groundhog bingo workhops art show a scavanger hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time craft and a « Kid Korner with groundhog day » related activities) are organised.

Candlemas DAY IS CELEBRATED ON FEBRUARY 2ND. CANDLES are LIGHTED and USED for THE rest of THE year. IN THIS day IT’S CUSTOMARY to eating “crêpes” (or PANCAKE) . A TRUE SYMBOLIC MEANING IS RELATED with the preparation of ROUND-SHAPED “crêpes” and the golden colour of PANCAKES, MADE TO REMIND the solar disk and THE return of spring, after A dark and cold WINTER.
IT’S a tradition to flip THE crêpes ALOFT FROM THE PAN, HANDLING THE SAME with YOUR right hand, MAKING SURE THAT THE “FLYING” PANCAKE CAN THEN PROPERLY FALL INTO THE PAN , WHILE gripping a gold coin, or SOME OF OTHER KIND, IN YOUR left ONE, in order to HAVE prosperity all year LONG. It is also SAID that the first crêpe should be KEPT IN, to ensure a PLENTIFUL harvest LATER ON, AND THAT PANCAKE IS SUPPOSED not TO GET moldy, SO AS TO keep away misery and deprivation.
ON FEBRUARY 2, ANGLO-SAXONS celebrate Groundhog Day. It DERIVES from A GERMAN superstition AFFIRMING THAT, if THE groundhog emerging from its BURROW ON this day SEES a shadow DUE to clear WEATHER, IT will RETREAT to its den and winter will persist FOR six more weeks, and if he does not, DUE to CLOUDNESS, spring season will arrive early.
Phil IS THE MOST FAMOUS GROUNDHOG IN the world and PREDICTS how long winter will last. Phil is SUPPOSEDLY BE GIFTED of season intuition. During this three-days OF celebration, groundhog bingo, WORKSHOP’S art show, a scavenger hunt and a
LARGE variety of entertainments for kids (story time, craft and a “kid CORNER with groundhog day” related activities) are ORGANIZED

II) REMETTEZ LES ELEMENTS DANS L'ORDRE POUR FAIRE (A CHAQUE FOIS) UNE PHRASE CORRECTE.(tous les éléments doivent être utilisés. )
Another victim was a young man who had just got married

2.WAS/ DECADES/ WEEK/ WORST/ WEST/ BY/ LAST/ GERMANY/ ACCIDENT/ COAL MINING/ ITS/ HIT/ IN
Last week West Germany coal mining was hit by its worst accident in decades.

3.HARDLY/ WHEN/ DOWN/ TO/ WE/ THE/ THE/ WERE /HAD/ BEGUN/ APPRECIATE/ CUT/ TREES/ VIEW/
Hardly had we begun to appreciate the view, when the trees were cut down.

It seems to me that you’re raising the bar more and more. Aren’t you? Great job!

Hoping to have kept the step, I thank you very much and wish you a nice evening.

So long
Joe39

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de magie8, postée le 08-02-2018 à 07:19:14 (S | E)
HELLO bONJOUR encore une bonne prise de tête

1)help my student READY TO CORRECT MERCI
Candelmas ON 2february celebrates CANDLES there are BLESSED and USED for THE rest of THE year.Its is A HABIT to EAT"CRêPES(or pancakeS)ON that day.A CERTAIN SYMBOLISM associated with the preparation of crêpes with THEIR ROUND shape and GOLDEN colour IS A REMINDER of the solar DISC and of THE return of Spring after THE dark and cold of winter.A tradition is to FLIP THE CRêPES in THE air with the right hand WHILE HOLDING a gold coin or SOME OTHER coin in the left HAND in order to HAVE prosperity all year LONG.One has to ensure that THE PANCAKE LANDS PROPERLY in THE pan.It is also SAID that the first CRêPE should be KEPT to ensure a PLENTIFUL harvest LATER in THE year.THE PANCAKE will SUPPOSEDLY not GET moldy and WILL keep misery and deprivation far AWAY.ON 2 february ANGLO-SAXON celebrate Groundhog Day; it IS DERIVING from DUTCH superstition THAT IF a groundhog emerging from its BURROW AT this day sees a shadow IN THE clear WEATHER IT will RETREAT INTO ITS BURROW and winter persists during six more weeks, and if IT IS NOT CLOUDY the Spring season will arrive early.
Phil THE MOST famous groundhog IN the world predicts HOW LONG THE WINTER WILL LAST .Phil is SUPPOSED TO BE GIFTED of season intuition.During this three-days celebration Groundhog,bingo,WORKSHOPS, art show ,a scavanger hunt and MANY VARIETIES of entertainment for KIDS(story time, craftS and a"kids CORNER" with Groundhog Day related activities) are ORGANIZED. ¨

2]faire une phrase ready to correct many thanks
who/another/got/was/just/a/had/man/victim/married/young
A young man who had just got married was another victim
une autre victime, était un jeune homme qui venait de se marier

was/decades/week/worst/west/by/last/Germany/accident/coalmining/its/hit/in
Last week West Germany was hit by its worst coal mining accident in decades
La semaine dernière l Allemagne de l Est a été frappée par son pire accident de mine de la decennie .

Hardly/when/down/to/we/the/the/were/had/begun/appreciate/cut/trees/view/
We had hardly begun to appreciate the view when the trees were cut down .
Nous avons vraiment commencé a apprécié la vue quand les arbres furent coupés

the trees had hardly cut down when we begun to appreciate the view
A peine les arbres étaient-ils coupés que nous avons commencés à apprécier la vue(cela tient debout aussi? )

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de tereda, postée le 08-02-2018 à 11:48:57 (S | E)
hard the second exercise.... hello everyone,)

Please, help my student!
Candlemas on 2th February celebrates candles WHICH ARE BLESSED and USED for THE rest of THE year. It's AN HABIT to EAT « crêpes » (or pan cake) in that day. A REAL symbolism is associated with the preparation of "crêpes" with the ROUND shape and gold color pancakes REMIND of solar disk and of THE return of spring after dark and cold Winter.. THE tradition is to FLIP "crêpes" in the air with right HAND whereas HOLDING a gold coin or SOME OTHER coin with the left ONE, in order to HAVE the prosperity all the year. One has to ensure than pancakes land PROPERLY in pan. It is also told that the first crêpe should be kept to ensure plentiful harvest later in year. Pan cake will supposed not to get moldy and keep misery and deprivation far .
2th February Anglo-saxon Groundhog Day celebration deriving from GERMAN superstition THAT if the groundhog emerges from its BURROW in this day, SEEING HER shadow in a clear WEATHER, she will retreat to its den and winter WILL PERSIST during six more weeks, but she does not DUE to CLOUDINESS.

Spring season will arrive TARDY , Phil the most famous groundhog IN the world has predicted how winter will last long, Phil is SUPPOSEDLY GIFTED of season intuition ; during this three-day celebration groundhog bingo workshops art show a SCAVENGER hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids ( story time craft and a « Kid corner with groundhog day » related activities) are organized.

II) REMETTEZ LES ÉLÉMENTS DANS L'ORDRE POUR FAIRE UNE PHRASE CORRECTE
1.who/ another/ got/ was/ just/ a/ had/ man/ victim/ married/ young/
Who had got married a young man was just another victim !

2.was/ decades/ week/ worst/ west/ by/ last/ germany/ accident/ coal mining/ its/ hit/ in 13
était / décennies / semaine / pire / ouest / par / dernier / allemagne / accident / charbon / son / frapper/ en
West germany last week was hit by coal mining worst accident its decades,

3.hardly/ when/ down/ to/ we/ the/ the/ were /had/ begun/ appreciate/ cut/ trees/ view/ 14
Hardly the trees were cut down, when we had begun to appreciate the view

Sorry HERE4U, I am aware that it's not good, but I don't find better sentences...
I hope to do better next time.

Thank you for your correction
Ready to be corrected.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de boubouille, postée le 09-02-2018 à 09:52:35 (S | E)
Hello Here hello everybody Finished
1) Please, help my student! He really je you! In the following text, there are many, many mistakes to correct and the punctuation to add...

Candlemas in 2th february celebrate candels
They are blessed and used for rest of the year Its a habitude to eating « crêpes » (or pan cake) in that day A sure symbolisme is associated with the preparation of crêpes with the rounded shape and gold colour pan cakes are reminder of solar disk and of return of spring after dark and cold of Winter A tradition is to flipp crêpes in air with right and whereas helding a gold coin or some others coin on left hand in order to having the prosperity all the year One has to ensure than pan cakes landing proprelly in pan It is also told that first crêpe should be keeped into ensure plentifull harvest more late in year Pan cake will supposy not got moldy and keep of misery and deprivation far
in 2th february anglo saxon celebrate Groundhog Day it deriving from Deusch superstition than if groundhog emerging from its furrow in this day see a shadow du clear weether she will retrit to its den and winter persists during six more weeks and if he does not du to cloudliness Spring season will arrive early Phil more famous groundhog at the world and predict how winter will last long Phil is supposy giftd of season intuition during this three-days celebration groundhog bingo workhops art show a scavanger hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time craft and a « Kid Korner with groundhog day » related activities) are organised.

My correction
Candlemas on February 2nd celebrate candles, they are blessed and used for rest of the year. It's a habitude to eat « crêpes » (or pancake) in that day. A sure symbolism is associated with the preparation of the pancakes with the rounded shape and gold colour pancakes are reminded of the solar disk and the return of the spring after dark and cold of Winter.
Tradition is to flip in air with right hand, whereas helding a gold coin or somes others coin in left hand, in order to having the prosperity all the year. One has to ensure than pancakes landing proprely in pan. It is also told that first crêpe should be keeped to ensure plentifull harvest more late in year. Pancakes will supposy not got moldy and keep of the misery and deprivation far.

On February 2nd, Anglo Saxon celebrates groundhog. Day, it derives Deusch superstition, that if the groundhog emerging from its furrow into this day see a shadow, due clear weather, she will retreat to its den and winter will persists during six more weeks and if, tradition does not due to cloudliness. Spring season will arrive early. Phil more famous groundhog at the world and predict how winter will last long.
Phil is supposed be a gift of season intuition. During, this of three-days. Celebration groundhog bingo workhops art show a scavanger hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time craft and a « Kid Korner with groundhog day » related activities) are organised.

III)REMETTEZ LES ELEMENTS DANS L'ORDRE POUR FAIRE (A CHAQUE FOIS) UNE PHRASE CORRECTE.(tous les éléments doivent être utilisés. )
3.HARDLY/ WHEN/ DOWN/ TO/ WE/ THE/ THE/ WERE /HAD/ BEGUN/ APPRE

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de alpiem, postée le 09-02-2018 à 11:06:10 (S | E)
hello here4u,good, the level! ready for correction

HELP MY STUDENT N°15
Candlemas in 2th february celebrate candels they are blessées and uzed for rest of year Its a habitude to eating « crêpes » (or pan cake) in that day A sure symbolisme is associated with the preparation of crêpes the rounded shape and gold colour pan cakes are reminder of solar disk and of return of spring after dark and cold of Winter A tradition is to flipp crêpes in air with right and whereas helding a gold coin or somes others coin on left end in order to having the prosperity all the year One has to ensure than pan cakes landing proprelly in pan It is also told that first crêpe should be keeped into ensure plentifull harvest more late in year Pan cake will supposy not got moldy and keep of misery and deprivation far in 2th february anglo saxon celebrate Groundhog Day it deriving from Deusch superstition than if groundhog emerging from its furrow in this day see a shadow du clear weether she will retrit to its den and winter persists during six more weeks and if he does not du to cloudliness Spring season will arrive early Phil more famous groundhog at the world and predict how winter will last long Phil is supposy giftd of season intuition during this three-days celebration groundhog bingo workhops art show a scavanger hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time craft and a « Kid Korner with groundhog day » related activities) are organised.

Candlemass on the 2ND of February celebrateS candlEs THAT ARE BLESSED and used for THE REST of THE year. It's AN habitude to eat "crêpes"( or pancakes)on that day. A sure symbolism is associated with the preparation of crêpes. The ROUND-shaped and gold-coloured pancakes are reminderS of THE solar disk and of THE return of Spring after
the dark and cold Winter. The tradition is to flip THE crêpes in tHE air wITH THE RIGHT HAND WHEREAS holding a gold coin
or somme OTHER coins IN THE LEFT ONE IN order to HAVE prosperity all the year round.
One has to ensure that the pancakes BE landing properly INTO THE PAN. It is also told that the first crêpe should be kept into ensuring PLENTIFUL harvest LATER in the year. THAT PANCAKE will SUPPOSEDLY not GET moldy and will keep FROM misery and deprivation FOR LONG. ON The 2nd of February, The Anglo-Saxons used to celebrate Groundhog Day. It derives from a DUTCH superstition that if a Groundhog emergING from it's furrow ON this day SEES IT'S shadow due to CLEAR WEATHER, AND
RETREATS to it's den, winter will persist during six more weeks and if it doesn't, due to cloudliness, Spring season will
arrive EARLYER.
Phil IS THE most famous Groundhog IN THE world PREDICTS how long winter will last .PHIL is supposedly gifted IN season
intuition during this three-days celebration of Groundhog bingo. Art workshops show a scavanger hut and a full variety
of entertainments for kids( HISTORY time craft) and a"KID CORNER" with related activities are organised.

II) PHRASES:
1/ A YOUNG MAN WHO HAD JUST GOT MARRIED WAS ANOTHER VICTIM.
2/ LAST WEEK,WEST GERMANY WAS HIT BY ITS WORST COAL MINNING ACCIDENT IN DECADES.
3/ HARDLY WERE THE TREES CUT DOWN WHEN WE HAD BEGUN TO APPRECIATE THE VIEW.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 09-02-2018 à 12:09:14 (S | E)
Hello dear Friends!

Snow day again, today!

Hope you won't freeze!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de lucile83, postée le 09-02-2018 à 12:21:43 (S | E)
Hello,
Here is my try, ready to be corrected

Another victim was a young man who had just got married

Last week West Germany was hit by its worst coal mining accident in decades

- Hardly were the trees cut down when we had begun to appreciate the view
- Hardly had we begun to appreciate the view when the trees were cut down (...the best one.)

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de icare29, postée le 09-02-2018 à 18:04:48 (S | E)
Hello Here and all hardworkers , here is my work, OK FOR CORRECTION

Candlemas in 2th february celebrate candels they are blessées and uzed for rest of year Its a habitude to eating « crêpes » (or pan cake) in that day. A sure symbolisme is associated with the preparation of crêpes with the rounded shape and gold colour pan cakes are reminder of solar disk and of return of spring after dark and cold of Winter A tradition is to flipp crêpes in air with right and whereas helding a gold coin or somes others coin on left end in order to having the prosperity all the year. One has to ensure than pan cakes landing proprelly in pan It is also told that first crêpe should be keeped into ensure plentifull harvest more late in year Pan cake will supposy not got moldy and keep of misery and deprivation far
in 2th february anglo saxon celebrate Groundhog Day., it deriving from Deusch superstition than if groundhog emerging from its furrow in this day see a shadow du clear weether she will retrit to its den and winter persists during six more weeks and if he does not du to cloudliness Spring season will arrive early .
Phil more famous groundhog at the world and predict how winter will last long Phil is supposy giftd of season intuition during this three-days celebration groundhog bingo workhops art show a scavanger hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time craft and a « Kid Korner with groundhog day » related activities) are organised.

MY CORRECTION
Candlemas is celebrated on February 2nd. Candles are blessed and then used for the rest of the year. It's an habit to eat " crêpes " or pancakes that day . A authentic symbol is in association with the preparation of pancakes .Their rounded shapes and their golden colours represent a symbolic reminder of solar disk and the return of spring after the dark and cold days of winter .....
A tradition is to flip the pancake in the air with the right hand , while holding a gold coin or any other coin on the left hand, in order to have prosperity the whole year . It's important to be sure that pancakes properly land in the pan. It is also said that the first pancake will be kept in to ensure plentiful harvest more later in the year. Pancakes are supposedly not get mouldy and keep misery and deprivation far away....

On february 2nd Anglo- Saxons celebrate Groundhog Day ,which derives from a German supertition .If the groundhog coming out from its burrow this day sees a shadow on a clear weather she will go back into its burrow and winter will persit for six more weeks ,on the contrary if it doesn't see a shadow due to cloudless , then Spring season will arrive early...

Phill is the most famous groundhog in the world and it can predict how long winter will last. Phill is supposedly gifted of season intuition for these three days celebration. Groundhog bingo ,workshop art ,performing art , scavenger hunt , kid corner with story time and craft for kids and many another varieties of entertainment related with Groundhog Day are organised during the day of celebration.....

The life of groundhog isn't so bad ......is it !

II) REMETTEZ LES ELEMENTS DANS L'ORDRE
1.WHO/ ANOTHER/ GOT/ WAS/ JUST/ A/ HAD/ MAN/ VICTIM/ MARRIED/ YOUNG/ 11 words
: Another victim was a Young man who had just got married

2.WAS/ DECADES/ WEEK/ WORST/ WEST/ BY/ LAST/ GERMANY/ ACCIDENT/ COAL MINING/ ITS/ HIT/ IN 14 words :
Last week West Germany was hit by its worst coal mining accident in décades .

3.HARDLY/ WHEN/ DOWN/ TO/ WE/ THE/ THE/ WERE /HAD/ BEGUN/ APPRECIATE/ CUT/ TREES/ VIEW/ 14 words
: Hardly had we begun to appreciate the view when the trees were cut down..

Thanks a lot for this new motivating test

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 11-02-2018 à 14:00:22 (S | E)
Hello Dears!

J'ai transféré vos corrections ... mais Boubouille, dépêche-toi de me poster ton travail ... La correction est demain !
Bon dimanche à tous.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de maxwell, postée le 11-02-2018 à 15:41:29 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
Thanks a lot because it was not easy at all (except the 2nd exercise)! Again, I've just corrected a few careless mistakes that I hadn't noticed before.

I) Please, help my student!

Candlemas[,] ON [F]ebruary 2ND[,] CELEBRATES candels THAT are BLESSED and USED for THE rest of THE year[.] IT'S a CUSTOM to EAT « crêpes » (or PANCAKES) ON that day[.] A CLEAR SYMBOLISM is associated with the preparation of crêpes with the ROUND shape and THE gold colour [:] PANCAKES are REMINDERS of THE solar disk and THE return of [S]pring after THE DARKNESS and COLDNESS of Winter[.] A tradition is to FLIP crêpes in THE air with THE right HAND WHILE HOLDING a gold coin or SOME OTHER coin IN THE left HAND in order to HAVE [] prosperity all [] year LONG[]. One has to ensure THAT PANCAKES LAND PROPERLY in THE pan[.] It is also told that THE first crêpe should be KEPT IN TO ensure A PLENTIFUL harvest LATER in year[:]
PANCAKES will SUPPOSEDLY not GET moldy and keep US FROM misery and deprivation LONG [...]

ON [F]ebruary 2ND[,] THE [A]nglo-[S]axon[s] celebrate Groundhog Day [:]
it DERIVES from A DEUTSCH superstition THAT if A groundhog emerging from its BURROW ON THAT day SEES a shadow DUE TO clear WEATHER[,] IT will RETREAT to its den and [W]inter WILL PERSIST during six more weeks and if IT does not DUE to CLOUDINESS[,] THE Spring season will arrive EARLIER[.] Phil IS THE MOST famous groundhog IN the world and PREDICTS how LONG [W]inter will last[:] Phil is SUPPOSEDLY GIFTED of season intuition[.] [D]uring this three-DAY celebration[,] groundhog bingo[,] WORKSHOPS[,] art SHOWS[,] a SCAVENGER hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (STORYTIME AND Craft and a « Kid CORNER with groundhog day » related activities) are organised[.]

(*) J'ai laissé crêpes car je l'ai trouvé dans wordreference avec cette orthographe, mais je crois que c'est la première fois que je vois un mot d'origine française où l'accent a été conservé !

II) REMETTEZ LES ELEMENTS DANS L'ORDRE :

ANOTHER VICTIM WAS A YOUNG MAN WHO HAD JUST GOT MARRIED.

LAST WEEK, WEST GERMANY WAS HIT BY ITS WORST COAL MINING ACCIDENT IN DECADES.

HARDLY HAD WE BEGUN TO APPRECIATE THE VIEW WHEN THE TREES WERE CUT DOWN.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de chocolatcitron, postée le 12-02-2018 à 06:22:53 (S | E)
Rack Your Brains and Help/15 HERE4U FINISHED.
Hello Dear Here4u, thank you for your new exercise!
Hi Everybody !

Here is my little help :
Candlemas, ON FEBRUARY, 2ND, CELEBRATES CANDLES. THAT are BLESSED and USED for rest of THE year. IT'S a HABIT FOR eating «crêpes» (or PANCAKES) ON THIS day. A sure SYMBOLISM is associated with the preparation of crêpes with the ROUND shape and THE gold colour. PANCAKES are THE REMINDERS of THE solar disk and SPRING'S RETURN after DARKNESS and COLDNESS of Winter. A tradition is FLIPPING crêpes in THE air with THE right HAND, whereas HOLDING a gold coin or SOME OTHER COINS IN THE left HAND, in order to HAVE prosperity all year LONG. One has to ensure than PANCAKES LAND PROPERLY in THE pan. It is also told that THE first crêpe should be KEPT IN,TO ensure PLENTIFUL harvest LATER in THE year. PANCAKES will BE SUPPOSEDLY not TO GET moldy, and KEPT US FROM misery and deprivation TIMES.
ON FEBRUARY, 2ND, THE ANGLOSAXONS celebrate Groundhog Day: it DERIVES from A DUTCH superstition THAT if A groundhog emerging from its BURROW ON this day, SEES a shadow DUE TO clear WEATHER. IT will RETREAT to its den,and WINTER WILL PERSIT FOR six MORE weeks. And if IT DOESN'T, DUE to CLOUDINESS, Spring season will arrive EARLY. Phil, THE MOST famous groundhog IN the world and PREDICTS how LONG WILL LAST THE WINTER. Phil is SUPPOSEDLY GIFTED of season intuition during THESE three-days celebration, groundhog bingo WOKSHOPS, art SHOWS a SCAVENGER hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (STORYTELLERS, CRAFT and a «Kid CORNER with groundhog day» RELATIVE activities) are organised.

Candlemas? OR Groundhog Day? Make your choice.

Another victim was a young man who had just got married.

Last week West Germany was hit by its worst coal mining accident in decades.

- Hardly were the trees cut down, when we had begun to appreciate the view!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de boubouille, postée le 12-02-2018 à 13:17:18 (S | E)
Désolée Here, je n'ai pas trouvé le temps.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de djim21, postée le 12-02-2018 à 15:12:21 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Here my try that i didn't dare to post because of the deadline.
Have a nice week.
I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!
Candlemas in 2th february celebrate candels they are blessées and uzed for rest of year Its a habitude to eating « crêpes » (or pan cake) in that day A sure symbolisme is associated with the preparation of crêpes with the rounded shape and gold colour pan cakes are reminder of solar disk and of return of spring after dark and cold of Winter A tradition is to flipp crêpes in air with right and whereas helding a gold coin or somes others coin on left end in order to having the prosperity all the year One has to ensure than pan cakes landing proprelly in pan It is also told that first crêpe should be keeped into ensure plentifull harvest more late in year Pan cake will supposy not got moldy and keep of misery and deprivation far

Candlemas in 2th FEBRUARY CELEBRATES CANDLES WHICH are BLESSED and USED for rest of year. IT’S a habitude to EAT « crêpes » (or pan cake) in THIS day. A sure SYMBOLISM is associated with the preparation of PAN CAKES with the rounded shape and THE GOLDEN colour. PAN cakes are REMINDERING solar disk and return of THE spring after dark and cold of THE winter. A tradition is FLIPPING PAN CAKES with right HAND whereas HOLDING a gold coin or SOME OTHER COINS IN left HAND in order to HAVE prosperity all the year. One has to ensure than pan CAKE LANDS PROPERLY IN THE pan. It’s also SAID that THE first PAN CAKE should be KEPT IN ORDER TO ensure PLENTIFUL harvest LATER in THE year. Pan cake IS SUPPOSED not TO GET moldy and TO keep OFF misery and deprivation.
In 2th FEBRUARY ANGLO-SAXON celebrate Groundhog Day. IT DERIVES from A GERMAN superstition than if groundhog, emerging from its furrow ON this day, SEES HIS shadow DUE TO clear WEATHER, she will RETURN in its den and winter WILL PERSIST during six more weeks and if she does not DUE TO CLOUDINESS, SPRINGTIME will arrive early. Phil, THE MOST famous groundhog IN the world PREDICTS how LONG winter will last. Phil is SUPPOSED GIFTED of season intuition during THESE three-days GROUNDHOG CELEBRATION. BINGO ! ART WORKSHOPS show a SCAVENGER hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time craft and a « Kid CORNER with GROUNDHOG DAY » are organised.

II) REMETTEZ LES ELEMENTS DANS L'ORDRE POUR FAIRE (A CHAQUE FOIS) UNE PHRASE CORRECTE.

Last week, west Germany was hit by its worst coal-mining accident in decades.

We had begun to appreciate the view when the trees were hardly cut down.

-------------------
Modifié par djim21 le 12-02-2018 15:13

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 12-02-2018 à 20:00:17 (S | E)
Hello!

Pas de problèmes pour les last-minute posters. Vous serez corrigés mais vous devrez attendre votre correction individuelle car là, je suis très TRES prise tous azimuts ... Donc, patience et travaillez d'abord avec les corrections collectives ...

J'attends tout le monde sur Our Story 15 qui est prolongée jusque la Saint Valentin !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 12-02-2018 à 23:40:04 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Friends and co-workers!

Certains m’ont maudite (en silence, mais quand même !), beaucoup m’ont dit « que la barre était très haute » (Normal, c'est un ) ; Encore une fois, en vous corrigeant, j'ai été très agréablement surprise par tant de trouvailles et par le niveau élevé de l’ensemble des travaux. Bravo à tous. Comme le disent nos amis anglo saxons : ‘I’m very much impressed ! » Je vous assure de toutes mes félicitations … et pardon si je vous fais faire trop d’efforts …

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! In the following text, there are many, many mistakes to correct...

Candlemas, on 2 February celebrates candles: they are blessed (1) and used for the rest of the year. It’s a habit to eat « crêpes » (2) (or pancakes) on that day. A certain symbolism is associated with the preparation of the crêpes : with their round shape and golden color, the pancakes are reminders of the solar disc and of the return of (3) spring after the dark and cold of (3) winter. A tradition is to flip the crêpes in the air with the right hand while holding a gold coin or some other coin in the left hand, in order to have prosperity throughout the year. One has to ensure that the pancake lands properly back in the pan. It is also said that the first crêpe made should be kept to ensure a plentiful harvest later in the year. The « pancake » will supposedly not get moldy (4) and will keep misery and deprivation far away.
On 2 February, Anglo Saxons celebrate Groundhog Day : it derives from the Dutch(5) superstition that if a groundhog emerging from its burrow on this day sees a shadow due to clear weather, it will retreat to its den and winter (3) will persist for six more weeks, and if he does not, due to cloudiness, (3) spring season will arrive early. Phil is the most famous groundhog in the world and predicts how long winter will last (6). Phil is supposedly gifted with seasonal intuition. During this three-day celebration (7), Groundhog Bingo, workshops, art shows, a scavenger hunt and a full variety of entertainments for kids (story time, crafts and a Kids Corner with Groundhog Day related activities) are organised.
ATTENTION ! Important !
Je recherche trois volontaires (je dis bien 3, pas plus, pas moins ! « First come-first served ») pour traduire sur ce Forum :
1) le paragraphe sur « Candlemas »- 2) celui sur « Groundhog Day » et le 3e pour traduire les trois phrases remises dans l’ordre, en faisant très attention aux temps.) Merci d’avance.

(1) To be blessed= FAUX AMI ! = être béni ; blessé = injured/ wounded.
(2) L’un d’entre vous faisait remarquer qu’il n’avait jamais vu un mot français employé en anglais avec son accent … mais voilà, notre ami n’a pas tout vu ! Hi hi ! J’ai immédiatement pensé à « blasé/ café (le lieu, pas la boisson !)/ fiancé/ fiancée/ ménage à trois (excusez le rapprochement … qui n’est pas « done on purpose »… Après quelques recherches, il y a aussi tout le vocabulaire du « ballet » (la danse) : sauté, plié, pas chassé, pas de bourrée, etc.
(3) Attention ! Les jours de la semaine et les mois de l’année prennent une majuscules, mais en général pas les saisons … Ce n’est pas tout à fait si simple (voir lien) et j’ai bien envie de faire une leçon/ test à ce sujet.
Lien internet

(4) La légende veut que la première crêpe de chaque année soit gardée sur le dessus d’une armoire. Elle devrait y sécher en assurant que le foyer aura de l’argent et de la nourriture toute l’année, avec une moisson florissante.
(5) « Dutch » = hollandais, à ne pas confondre avec « German », allemand.
(6) « Phil predicts how long winter will last. » est une interrogative indirecte, donc pas une question. Attention à l’ordre des mots (mots interrogatif + sujet+ verbe) et à l’absence de point d’interrogation.
(7) « this three-day celebration » = cette fête de trois jours = qui dure trois jours ; ici, « three-day » est en position d’adjectif, et reste donc invariable ; vous pouviez aussi mettre « this three days’ celebration » en utilisant le génitif de durée, ou vous pouviez choisir la facilité … en ajoutant « of » : « these three days of celebration ».

II) REMETTEZ LES ELEMENTS DANS L'ORDRE : Vous avez eu quelques difficultés avec ces mots à remettre dans l’ordre

1. WHO/ ANOTHER/ GOT/ WAS/ JUST/ A/ HAD/ MAN/ VICTIM/ MARRIED/ YOUNG/
Ou (A young man who had just got married was another victim.)

2. WAS/ DECADES/ WEEK/ WORST/ WEST/ BY/ LAST/ GERMANY/ ACCIDENT/ COAL MINING/ ITS/ HIT/ IN
Last week, West Germany was hit by its worst coal mining incident in decades.

3. HARDLY/ WHEN/ DOWN/ TO/ WE/ THE/ THE/ WERE /HAD/ BEGUN/ APPRECIATE/ CUT/ TREES/ VIEW/
Hardly had we begun to appreciate the view when the trees were cut down.
(C’était la phrase la plus logique et qui respectait les temps. « Hardly » en début de phrase implique une inversion du sujet, souvent exprimée au past perfect. (L’antériorité est exprimée par « had begun » ; vous ne pouvez pas confondre avec le prétérit « began »)
Bien contente que vous ayez été satisfaits de ce devoir, même s’il vous a donné un peu de fil à retordre …
BIEN LIRE MON APPEL A VOLONTAIRES, MERCI

Help! Lucile... le lien ne marche pas, et pourtant, il est bon et vérifié

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 13-02-2018 10:54
Lien corrompu, remplacé par un autre similaire.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de djim21, postée le 13-02-2018 à 15:15:24 (S | E)
Hello,
Djim is a volunteer for part 1.
Best regards

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 13-02-2018 à 16:03:34 (S | E)
Djim! et aussi, Lucile !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de djim21, postée le 13-02-2018 à 16:19:50 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Here is my translation of the part 1 :
ready for correction

Candlemas, on 2 February celebrates candles: they are blessed (1) and used for the rest of the year. It’s a habit to eat « crêpes » (2) (or pancakes) on that day. A certain symbolism is associated with the preparation of the crêpes : with their round shape and golden color, the pancakes are reminders of the solar disc and of the return of (3) spring after the dark and cold of (3) winter. A tradition is to flip the crêpes in the air with the right hand while holding a gold coin or some other coin in the left hand, in order to have prosperity throughout the year. One has to ensure that the pancake lands properly back in the pan. It is also said that the first crêpe made should be kept to ensure a plentiful harvest later in the year. The « pancake » will supposedly not get moldy (4) and will keep misery and deprivation far away.

Le 2 février, la Chandeleur, c’est la fête des cierges : ils sont bénis et servent pour l’année en cours. C’est une habitude de manger des crêpes ce jour-là. Une symbolique particulière est associée à la préparation des crêpes : avec leur forme arrondie et leur couleur dorée, les crêpes évoquent le soleil et le retour du printemps après les jours bas et le froid de l’hiver. Une tradition consiste à faire sauter les crêpes en l’air de la main droite, tout en tenant dans sa main gauche, une pièce de monnaie en or ou autre métal, dans le but de garantir la prospérité tout au long de l’année. On doit s’efforcer de rattraper correctement la crêpe dans la poêle. On dit aussi que la première crêpe permettrait d’assurer une moisson florissante plus tard dans l’année. La crêpe, soi-disant, ne moisira pas et repoussera misère et privation.

Have a nice week

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 13-02-2018 à 16:37:30 (S | E)
Hello!

Le 2 février, la Chandeleur, c’est la fête des cierges : ils sont bénis et servent pour l’année en cours. C’est une habitude de manger des crêpes ce jour-là. Une symbolique particulière est associée à la préparation des crêpes : avec leur forme arrondie et leur couleur dorée, les crêpes évoquent le soleil et le retour du printemps après les jours bas et le froid de l’hiver. Une tradition consiste à faire sauter les crêpes en l’air de la main droite, tout en tenant dans sa= la main gauche, une pièce de monnaie en or ou autre métal, dans le but de garantir la prospérité tout au long de l’année. On doit s’efforcer de rattraper correctement la crêpe dans la poêle. On dit aussi que la première crêpe made should be kept devrait être conservée et permettrait d’assurer une moisson florissante plus tard dans l’année. La crêpe, soi-disant, ne moisira pas et repoussera misère et privation.

Bravo, Djim! C'est parfait ! un grand .

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de maxwell, postée le 13-02-2018 à 20:46:38 (S | E)
Hello
Je suis volontaire pour les phrases remises dans l'ordre

1. Another victim was a young man who had just got married.
Une autre victime était un jeune homme qui venait juste de se marier.

2. Last week, West Germany was hit by its worst coal mining incident in decades.
La semaine dernière, l'Allemagne de l'Ouest fut touchée par le pire incident minier qu'elle ait connu depuis des décennies.

3. Hardly had we begun to appreciate the view when the trees were cut down.
A peine avions-nous commencé à profiter de la vue que les arbres furent abattus.

J'espère qu'il n'y a pas trop de fautes

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 13-02-2018 à 21:45:03 (S | E)
Hello!

1. Another victim was a young man who had just got married.
Une autre victime était un jeune homme qui venait juste de se marier.TTB

2. Last week, West Germany was hit by its worst coal mining incident in decades.
La semaine dernière, l'Allemagne de l'Ouest fut touchée par le pire incident minier qu'elle ait connu depuis des décennies.TTB

3. Hardly had we begun to appreciate the view when the trees were cut down.
A peine avions-nous commencé à profiter de la vue que les arbres furent abattus.TTB

Bravo, Maxwell! C'est parfait ! un grand .

Réponse : Rack Your Brains and Help/15 de here4u, postée le 14-02-2018 à 23:33:42 (S | E)
Hello !

Magie8 n'a pas réussi à poster la traduction pour laquelle elle s'est portée volontaire. Elle me l'a envoyée : la voici:

Le 2 février les Anglo-Saxons fêtent le Jour de la Marmotte cela vient d'une superstition Hollandaise qui dit que, quand une marmotte en sortant de son terrier ce jour-là, voit une ombre par temps clair , elle reculeRA(rentrera) dans sa tanière et l hiver persistera pendant 6 semaines supplémentaires, mais si c'est sans nuage,(Là, c'est le contraire ... c'est "parce qu'il y a des nuages ...") le printemps arrivera tôt.
Phil la plus célèbre marmotte du monde prédit combien de temps l hiver durera . Phil est censée être douée d intuition concernant les saisons. Durant ces 3 jours de célébration (fête)= cette fête qui dure 3 jours , un bingo de la marmotte , des ateliers, des expositions d'Art , une chasse au trésor et une pleine variété d'animations pour enfants(contes de fée, loisirs créatifs et coin-enfants avec des activités liées au Jour de la Marmotte ) sont organisés. Magie8 à bientôt.

Bravo, Magie! C'est parfait ! un grand .

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.