- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Rack your brains and help!/45

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 27-04-2019 à 17:36:56 (S | E | F)
Hello!

Voici votre nouvel exercice pour vous entraîner à déchiffrer une pensée ... un peu "tordue" ... Je sais que certains s'amusent beaucoup avec cet exercice et le considèrent comme un vrai défi !
C'est toujours un et il sera corrigé le vendredi 11 mai 2019. Bon courage à tous !

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! ATTENTION ! Ce texte contient 12 fautes à corriger ! à écrire en majuscules ! 12 seulement ... Il n’a pas (trop) progressé, mais le texte est moins long !
Cependant, cette fois encore, vous en verrez plus, car une fois qu'il fait une faute, mon élève la répète tout le long du texte ! (il l'a faite de bonne foi !) Merci de les corriger, en ne les comptant que pour « une seule », à chaque fois …

Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived to the blaze.
Notre-Dame's smaller residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled it’s famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to be perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and buzz. He has looked for the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.
The hives stand on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.
The European bees – unless other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging of honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, put them to sleep," it was said.
Beekeepers commonly use smoke to sedate the insects and gain access to their hive.
"I’m incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but to hear there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. Thanks goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It’s a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

II) OPTIONAL: Please, reorder the words or unscramble them so as to make meaningful sentences:

1. ROOF/ CATHEDRAL’S/ HAVE/ YEARS/ TRIO/ SIX/ TOP/ LAST/ BEEHIVES/ FOR/ NESTLED/ THERE/ OF/ OF/ BEEN/ THE/ THE/ A/ ON. = 19

2. DONATED/ VULNERABLE/ HONEY/ POOR/ PRODUCE/ CITY'S/ THE/ THE/ THEY/ I/ AND/ TO. = 12

3. The EATF of the cathedral’s TESBSIU little DGIENW SNTBHITAIAN seem TAIIGSINCFNIN ETNX to SIUNCERTE of YOSHRTI DYRSDEOTE.

4. SEYNHEBEO are in fact NOKWN to EIHVRT in NBUAR SNMOINTENRVE TOTWUHI the SARTTEH of SDCTEEIISP used in LRRAU GIRFNMA SEAAR.

III) OPTIONAL too…
PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS and Grammar:
Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, (you CANNOT change the nature of the words!) and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE.
You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively! PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THESE WORDS!
(Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens.)
Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, courte (moins de 50 mots, si possible ...), mais je le répète, qui ait un sens et sa logique interne !) Cet exercice est TRES difficile, , c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne pouvez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
La date limite pour cet exercice est le jeudi 10 mai 2019 tard. (Ne pas dépasser 60 mots … Merci.)
( Beaucoup de règles, j'en suis désolée ... mais déjà comme ça, c'est énormément de travail, et sans un effort de chacun, c'est ingérable.) Je sais que plusieurs d'entre vous sont très attachés à cet exercice-jeu, qu'ils trouvent formateur and "mind-puzzling". Je vous rappelle cependant que vous n'êtes pas obligés de le faire ! FREEDOM

Voici les éléments imposés cette fois :
- (to) NESTLE - (to) THRIVE – a FATE – an AREA – SIGNIFICANT – HUGE – ALTHOUGH – DESPITE – + le verbe «to know» au passif.
Of course, I give you THE FORCE... while you give me your BEST!

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de taiji43, postée le 29-04-2019 à 11:59:01 (S | E)
hello Here4u
Bees'story is really amazing!
Thank you for this text and for your correction

I)MY correction
READY TO BE CORRECTE

Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived THE BLAZE (1)

Notre-Dame's smaller residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled ITS ( 2 )famous spire.

Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to HAVE perished (3) in the blaze.

However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and BUZZING( 4) He hasBEEN (5) looked AFTER (6) the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed IN That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.

The hives SETTLED IN (7) top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.

The European bees – UNLIKE THE (8) other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging ON(9) honey and working to protect their queen.

High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide MAKES (10)t hem drunk, PUTS(11) them to sleep," it was said.

Beekeepers commonly use smoke to sedate the insects and gain access to their hive.
"I’m incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but to hear there is life when it HAS COME(12) to the bees, that's just wonderful.

Thanks goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It’s a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

READY TO BE CORRECTED MY SENTENCE 8 words
to nestle, to thrive, a fate, a area, significant, huge, although, despite , to know passive voice

the john’s farm KNOWN throughout the AREA, regularly THRIVED but recent ly, DESPITE John’s huge work, a significant bad fate fell on the establishment, John ALTHOUGH deeply moved, wasn’t going to NESTLE himself in despair but overreact 38

la ferme de john était bien connue dans la région prospérait régulièrement mais récement , malgré les gros efforts de travail, de john un signifiant mauvais sort s’abattait sur l’établissemnt, john bien que boulversé n’allait pas se blottir dans le désespoir mais réagir violement

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de icare29, postée le 02-05-2019 à 23:28:48 (S | E)
Hello Here4u ,and all hard workers, here is my work , OK FOR CORRECTION

Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived THE BLAZE
Notre-Dame's smaller residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled ITS famous spire.

Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to HAVE BEEN PERISHED in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and BUZZING

He has looked AFTER the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was A part of an initiative to boost bee numbers THROUGHOUT Paris.

The hives stand AT THE TOP of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) UNDER the main roof.
As a result, they have BEEN remained untouched by the flames.
The European bees , UNLIKE IN other species , stay NEARBY their hive after sensing danger, gorging ON honey and working to protect their queen.

High temperatures would have EXPOSED the biggest risk, but it was explained that NO smoke would have simply intoxicated them.
"Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, put them INTO sleep," it was said.
Beekeepers commonly ARE USED TO SMOKING to sedate the insects and gain access to their hive.
"I'm incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but to HEAR ABOUT there WAS life when it CAME to the bees, that's just wonderful.
Thanks goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It's a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

I
3. S
III) OPTIONAL too?
PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS

- (to) NESTLE - (to) THRIVE ? a FATE ? an AREA ? SIGNIFICANT ? HUGE ? ALTHOUGH ? DESPITE ? le verbe «to know» au passif.

DESPITE the fact that a propagation of a SIGNIFICATIF burning were well known by the authorities , ALTHOUGH all the security measures had been taken , the electic wires NESTLED in the loft caught fire and a HUGE blaze THRIVED inside the upper AREAS provoking an irreparable desaster and the collapse of the cathedral's spire , yet never will we abandon this architectural medieval jewel to its sad FATE.......

.Dear Here4u, thanks a lot for your new test.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de magie8, postée le 03-05-2019 à 19:42:00 (S | E)
Bonjour READY TO CORRECT

Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived the blaze.(PAS TO)
Notre-Dame's smalleST residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled ITS famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to HAVE perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and buzzING. He has looked AFTER the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.
The hives SIT on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.
(PAS THE) European bees – unLIKE other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging ON honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, put them to sleep," it was TOLD.
"I WAS incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but to hear there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. Thank( PAS S) goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It’s a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

Bon A CORRIGER

1. ROOF/ CATHEDRAL’S/ HAVE/ YEARS/ TRIO/ SIX/ TOP/ LAST/ BEEHIVES/ FOR/ NESTLED/ THERE/ OF/ OF/ BEEN/ THE/ THE/ A/ ON. = 19
For the six years there have been a trio nestled on the top of the roof of the cathédral.
Depuis ces six dernières années , un trio de ruches était blotti(niché)au sommet du toit de la cathédrale.

2. DONATED/ VULNERABLE/ HONEY/ POOR/ PRODUCE/ CITY'S/ THE/ THE/ THEY/ I/ AND/ TO. = 12
I donated, the honey they produce to the city's poor and vulnerable
Je donnais le miel qu'elles produisent aux vulnérables et pauvres de la ville.

3. The FATE of the cathedral’s BUSIEST little WINGED INHABITANTS seem INSIGNIFICANT NEXT to CENTURIES of HISTORY DESTROYED
Le sort(le destin) des petits habitants ailés les plus occupés de la cathédrale,semble insignifiant comparé aux siècles d'histoires détruits.

4. HONEYBEES are in fact KNOWN to THRIVE in URBAN ENVIRONNEMENTS WITHOUT the THREATS of PESTICIDE used in RURAL FARMING AREAS.
On sait en fait, que les abeilles se développent en milieu urbain sans les menaces de pesticides des zones agricoles rurales.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de joe39, postée le 04-05-2019 à 19:16:34 (S | E)
Hello, dear here4u,
Please receive my work,
Ready to be checked,
But pay heed,
Not to get stung,
By a bee.
Please, help my student! He really needs you! ATTENTION ! Ce texte contient 12 fautes à corriger ! à écrire en majuscules !

Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral’S- 1 roof have survived (to-2) the blaze.
Notre-Dame's SMALLEST-3 residents have survived the devastating fire THAT - 4 destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled ITS -5 famous spire.

Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to be perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and BUZZING - 6. He has looked AFTER - 7 the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost THE NUMBER OF BEES 8 numbers across Paris.

The hives stand on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.
The European bees –UNLIKE -9 other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging of honey and working to protect their queen.

High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, put them to sleep," it was said.
Beekeepers commonly ARE USED TO SMOKING 10, to sedate the insects and gain access to their hive.

"I WAS -11 incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but to hear there WAS life when I CAME -12 to the bees, that WAS just wonderful. Thanks goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It WAS a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

II) OPTIONAL: Please, reorder the words or unscramble them so as to make meaningful sentences:
1 -A trio of beehives have been nestled there on the top of cathedral's roof for the last six years
2 -And I donated the vulnerable honey they produce to the city's poor.
3. The fate of the cathedral's busiest little winged inhabitants seem insignificant next to centuries of history destroyed
4. Honeybees are in fact known to thrive in urban environments without the threats of pesticides used in rural farming areas.
PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS and Grammar: La date limite pour cet exercice est le jeudi 10 mai 2019 tard. (Ne pas dépasser 60 mots … Merci.)
- (to) NESTLE - (to) THRIVE – a FATE – an AREA – SIGNIFICANT – HUGE – ALTHOUGH – DESPITE – + le verbe «to know» au passif.
DESPITE the HUGE blaze that destroyed most of the Notre-Dame's roof, a sad FATE was spared to the bees living there, ALTHOUGH a survival chance could hardly exist for them in that AREA of deadly heat, as it WAS KNOWN by
the three THRIVING hives' beekeeper, which are NESTLED on top of the cathedral's sacristy, who called this SIGNIFICANT fact "a miracle". 59

Thanks a lot for this nice exercise, dear friend.

I hope you have a pleasant Sunday.

So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de nate, postée le 08-05-2019 à 00:52:23 (S | E)
Hello

READY FOR CORRECTION

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!

Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral’S (1) roof have survived (2) the blaze.
Notre-Dame’s SMALLEST (3) residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled ITS (4) famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to HAVE (5) perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and BUZZING (6). He has looked AFTER (7) the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.
The hives stand on top of the sacristy ON (8) Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.
The European bees – UNLIKE (9) other species - stay by their HIVES (I'm doubtful with it needing plural... I feel both are okay.) after sensing danger, gorging ON (10) honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, PUTS (11) them to sleep," it was said.
Beekeepers commonly use smoke to sedate the insects and gain access to their HIVES.
"I’m incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but HEARING (12) there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. THANK (13) goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It’s a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

III) OPTIONAL too…
PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS and Grammar:
I wasn’t opting for this at all, then I came over in the heat of the action...

DESPITE her NESTLING in that SIGNIFICANT castle — ALTHOUGH quite far from the HUGE Winterfell AREA — Cersei was ignoring her FATE and THRIVING ON the people’s anger against Daenerys as the cavalry was KNOWN to come very soon.
37 words

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de here4u, postée le 08-05-2019 à 12:07:53 (S | E)
Hello!

Encore beaucoup de temps pour poster ...
Je commence le transfert des corrections dans la journée !

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de alpiem, postée le 09-05-2019 à 10:59:00 (S | E)
Hello,it's a pleasure to work with you once again, here is my "rack"45which is finished

Notre Dame's SMALLEST residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of
the cathedral roof and toppled it's famous spire.
Somme 200.000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to HAVE perished in the
blaze. However the CATHEDRAL beekeeper has confirmed that the bees are alive and BUZZING. He has looked AFTER the three cathedral beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That part of an initiative to boost BEES NUMBER across Paris.
The hives stand on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30 metres below the main roof.As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.
The European bees-unless other species-stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging of honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would
have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk,
PUTTING them to sleep",it was said. Beekeepers commonly use smoke to sedate the insects and
gain access to their hive.
"I'm incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but HEARING there
is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. Thanks goodness the flames didn't
touch them! It's a small miracle!"

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de maxwell, postée le 09-05-2019 à 21:11:18 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
Again, I'm not sure about the tenses (present perfect instead of preterite), but I tried to be consistent, like our "poor" student (not so poor in my opinion: I wish I could have his vocabulary...)

I) Help my student:
Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived [] the blaze.
Notre-Dame's smaller residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled ITS famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to HAVE perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and buzz. He has TAKEN CARE OF the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost THE NUMBER OF BEES THROUGHOUT Paris.
The hives stand on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, ABOUT 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.
The European bees ? UNLIKE other species - stay by their HIVES after sensing danger, gorging ON honey and working to protect their QUEENS.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it HAS BEEN explained that any KIND OF smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, PUTTING them to sleep," it HAS BEEN said.
Beekeepers commonly use smoke to sedate the insects and gain access to their HIVES.
"I'm incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but HEARING there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. THANK goodness the flames didn't touch them! It's a small miracle!" the beekeeper HAS added.

II) Reorder/Unscramble the words:
I wanted to write "donated to the poor and vulnerable", but there was no "to", so, I had to make do.
2. THEY, THE POOR AND VULNERABLE, PRODUCE THE CITY'S HONEY (THAT) I DONATED . = 11

3. The FATE of the cathedral's BUSIEST little WINGED INHABITANTS seem INSIGNIFICANT NEXT to CENTURIES of HISTORY DESTROYED.

3. HONEYBEES are in fact KNOWN to THRIVE in URBAN ENVIRONMENTS WITHOUT the THREATS of PESTICIDES used in RURAL FARMING AREAS.

III) Playing with words:
27 words, that's my personal best!!!
ALTHOUGH his company NESTLES in a remote AREA, it is KNOWN to THRIVE, as though generating a SIGNIFICANT profit margin DESPITE increasing HUGE taxes was its FATE. (27)

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de boubouille, postée le 10-05-2019 à 10:05:53 (S | E)
Ready for correction
Bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived to the blaze.
Notre-Dame's THE SMALLEST residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled ITS famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives UNDER the roof WAS initially thought to be perished in the blaze. However, the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and BUZZING. He has looked for the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost BEES numbers across Paris.
The European bees – unless other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging of honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it HAS BEEN explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, put them to sleep," it was said.
"I’m incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but to hear there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. Thanks goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It’s a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de here4u, postée le 10-05-2019 à 23:24:20 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Friends !
"= (DESOLEE ... Je suis obligée de "poster par morceaux". On dirait que j'ai "perdu" la possibilité de poster longuement ... Je vais voir avec notre Master dès demain ! Désolée pour cette correction d'abord incomplète ...

Voici le texte que vous avez aidé mon "poor Student" à corriger ... Il vous remercie, et je vous suis moi aussi très reconnaissante, à vous tous, de l'aide que vous lui avez apportée ! ...

Cependant, vous savez que votre mission n'est pas terminée ... Il nous reste encore à trouver les 3 volontaires pour achever le "Follow-up-Work" (2 pour le texte, et un(e)pour les phrases.) Un grand par avance.

I)Please, help my student! He really needs you!
The bees ***(1) living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived (XX)(2) the blaze.
Notre-Dame's smallest (3) residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled its(4) famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to have (5) perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and buzzing (6). He has looked after(7) the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.
The hives sat (8) on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.///End of part 1///
European (9) bees unlike(10) other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging on (11) honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, put them to sleep." it was said.
"I'm incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but hearing there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. Thank(12) goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It's a small miracle !" he added.

(1) The bees (1) living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof. We're not dealing with bees in general, here, but with some very special bees, those living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof. They MUST be determined. Many of you forgot that necessary determination.
*** Certains se sont amusés à chercher le texte (après avoir reçu leur correction, j'espère !) et n'ont pas compris pourquoi en (1) je demandais un "The" qui n'était pas dans l'un des articles choisis et utilisés.
Je rappelle qu'il n'y a pas d'intérêt à chercher "mes sources" avant de rendre votre travail ... C'est faire marcher vos méninges qui importe ... La copie ou recopie n'a pas grand intérêt. D'autre part, vous ne savez jamais ce qui se passe dans mon cerveau! Ainsi, par exemple, pour le texte ci-dessus, j'ai, bien sûr, comme à chaque fois, modifié les différents extraits, plus ou moins, selon l'intérêt que je recherchais. L'un des textes originaux donnait un TITRE (qui, supprime, car sous-entend de nombreux éléments : certains déterminants, certaines prépositions non indispensables ... - Voilà un bel exercice pour le futur ... ), alors que par ma "Liberté", j'ai reconstruit une phrase où j'avais absolument besoin de la détermination de ces pauvres petites mais valeureuses abeilles citadines ...=> d'où le déterminant.
de bien différencier "Notre-Dame cathedral roof" qui est un nom composé et "Notre-Dame cathedral's roof cas possessif/ génitif. Les deux formes convenaient => pas besoin de les corriger, ni de les compter comme faute !
(2) to survive something
(3) Notre-Dame's smallest (3) residents est un superlatif, ce qui convient, bien sûr, alors que « smaller » impliquait une comparaison entre deux objets (ou personnes) uniquement.
(4) a spire = un objet, neutre => possessif = its.
(5) Attention ! Les temps composés se forment avec l'auxiliaire « have », et uniquement avec lui. Vous ne pouvez pas, non plus, rajouter l'auxiliaire être (=> been) à chaque fois. Cela reviendrait à former une forme passive (bancale).
(6) « Alive and buzzing » est calqué sur l'expression consacrée « Alive and kicking »= en pleine forme. Bees cannot be « kicking » and are therefore « buzzing ».
(7) Look for= chercher ; look after= veiller sur ;
(8) Le texte (britannique) ne donnait pas « stand » mais "sit" ... J'avais cherché si "stand" ne convenait pas également, et ai lu de nombreuses descriptions ou "sat" remplaçait "stood" lorsque les objets dont il s'agissait n'étaient pas grands ou élevés ... (ce qui est, bien sûr, le cas ici par rapport à toutes les sculptures, structures, tours, tourelles qui dominaient les « hives », de beaucoup ...) Cependant, j'aurais été tentée par "stood" à cause de l'idée de résistance ... Un(e) seul a trouvé « sit », certains ont grogné parce que j'avais refusé « stand », mais même en acceptant le mot, la forme était fausse : il fallait le prétérit « stood » ou alors, « were standing »...
Lien internet

il y a l'idée de "debout", et de domination ... alors que les "hives" sont petites, presque cachées, et squatting. Donc je pense vraiment que sit/sat conviennent bien plus et sont, en plus, quasi symboliques ...
(9) ici, c'est toute l'espèce des « European bees » (par opposition aux "American bees", "African bees"...) qui est concernée (en général, et pas déterminée.)
(10) «Unless» = à moins de ; «unlike»= contrairement à.
(11) To gorge on / to feed on /
(12) «Thanks» est un raccourci de «Thank you». Il ne peut pas être employé avec « you » ou tout autre mot représentant un "interlocuteur" !
(je pense que vous l'avez maintenant compris... Si je mêle anglais et français de façon qui peut être irritante à la lecture, c'est simplement pour ne pas trop aider les valeureux volontaires qui vont ensuite devoir traduire cet ensemble ! )

1. ROOF/ CATHEDRAL’S/HAVE/ YEARS/ TRIO/SIX/ TOP/ LAST/ BEEHIVES/ FOR/ NESTLED/ THERE/ OF/ OF/ BEEN/ THE/ THE/ A/ ON. = 19

For the last six years, there have been a trio of beehives nestled on top of the cathedral’s roof.

2. DONATED/ VULNERABLE/ HONEY/ POOR/ PRODUCE/ CITY S/ THE/ THE/ THEY/ I/ AND. = 11

The honey they produce is donated (to) the city’s poor and vulnerable. (11)

3. The fate of the cathedral’s busiest little winged inhabitants seem insignificant next to centuries of history destroyed.

4. Honeybees are in fact known to thrive in urban environments without the threat of pesticides used in rural farming areas;

III) OPTIONAL too… PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS and Grammar:

- ALTHOUGH his company NESTLES in a remote AREA, it is KNOWN to THRIVE, as though generating a SIGNIFICANT profit margin DESPITE increasing and HUGE taxes was its FATE. (27)

- John’s farm KNOWN throughout the AREA, regularly THRIVED but recently, DESPITE John’s huge work, a significant bad fate fell on the establishment; ALTHOUGH deeply moved, John wasn’t going to NESTLE himself in despair but overreacted. 38

- DESPITE the propagation of a SIGNIFICANT fire, ALTHOUGH all the security measures had been taken, the electic wires NESTLED in the loft caught fire and a HUGE blaze THRIVED inside the upper AREAS provoking an irreparable disaster and the collapse of the cathedral's spire; yet never shall we abandon this architectural medieval jewel to its sad FATE...

- DESPITE the HUGE blaze that destroyed most of Notre-Dame's roof, a sad FATE was spared to the bees living there; ALTHOUGH a survival chance could hardly exist for them in that AREA of deadly heat, as it WAS KNOWN by the beekeeper ot the three THRIVING hives which were NESTLED on top of the cathedral's sacristy; he called this SIGNIFICANT fact "a miracle". 59

- ALTHOUGH bees were struggling for life on Notre Dame's firing roofs, a SIGNIFICANT twist of FATE protected them as they were NESTLING against their queen: their HUGE endurance has been KNOWN since the dawn of time: DESPITE their stay in this hot AREA, the bees are THRIVING: such a great piece of news! 53

Merci à vous tous! Merci aussi aux volontaires pour le travail complémentaire, de se déclarer sur ce Forum. Bravo à tous ...

(J'aurai besoin d'une relecture "à froid" pour mieux détecter d'éventuels typos ... )

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de chocolatcitron, postée le 11-05-2019 à 00:23:56 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 27-04-2019 à 17:36:56 (S | E | F) 11 mai 2019 FINISHED !
Hello my dear Here4u, thanks for this great new : bees are still living after the cathedral’s blaze!
Hi everybody!

Here is my work:
I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! ATTENTION ! Ce texte contient 12 fautes à corriger !
Bees living on Notre-Dame (1)cathedral ‘S roof have survived to the blaze.
(2) The Notre-Dame's SMALLEST residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled (3) ITS famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to (4) HAVE perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper, has confirmed that the bees are alive and (5) BUZZING. He has (6) looked AFTER the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.
The hives (7) SIT on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.
The European bees – (8) UNLIKE other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging (9) ON honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide (10) MAKES them drunk, (11) PUTS them to sleep," it was said.
Beekeepers commonly use smoke to sedate the insects and gain access (ACCÉDER À, AVOIR ACCÈS À) to their hive.
"I’m incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but to hear there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. (12) THANK goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It’s a small miracle !" the beekeeper added.

1. FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN A TRIO OF BEEHIVES NESTLED ON TOP OF THE CATHEDRAL’S ROOF;= 19
2. I DONATED THE HONEY THEY PRODUCE TO CITY'S VULNERABLE AND THE POOR.
3. The FATE of the cathedral’s BUSIEST little WINGED INHABITANTS seem INSIGNIFICANT NEXT to CENTURIES of HISTORY DESTROYED.
4..HONEYBEES are in fact KNOWN to THRIVE in URBAN ENVIRONMENTS WITHOUT the THREATS of PESTICIDES used in RURAL FARMING AREAS.

III) OPTIONAL too…
PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS and Grammar: Using THE 8 WORDS given below (2 verbs, 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE. (moins de 50 mots, sans dépasser 60 mots … Merci.)
La date limite pour cet exercice est le jeudi 10 mai 2019 tard. ( FREEDOM!

ALTHOUGH bees were struggle for life on Notre Dame’s fired roofs, a SIGNIFICANT twist of FATE protected them as they were NESTLING against their queen: their HUGE endurance is KNOWN since the dawn of time : DESPITE being in this hot AREA, bees THRIVE : such a great new! 48 words.

Même si les abeilles luttaient pour la vie sur les toits de Notre Dame en feu, un coup du destin significatif les a protégées, alors qu’elles se blottissaient contre leur reine : leurs résistances énormes sont connues depuis la nuit des temps : en dépit du fait d’être dans cette zone brûlante, les abeilles se portent bien : quelle bonne nouvelle !

I did my very best, as always.
Have a sweet week! Here’s the force to you !
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de chocolatcitron, postée le 11-05-2019 à 00:36:16 (S | E)
Hello !
Je prends les phrases dont une est loupée !

Here is my work: FINISHED.
1. For the last six years, there have been a trio of beehives nestled on top of the cathedral’s roof.
Depuis les six dernières années, on a regroupé trois ruches au sommet des toits de la cathédrale.

2. The honey they produce is donated (to) the city’s poor and vulnerable.
On donne le miel qu’elles produisent aux personnes pauvres et vulnérables de la ville.

3. The fate of the cathedral’s busiest little winged inhabitants seem insignificant next to centuries of history destroyed.
Le sort des petits habitants ailés, les plus affairés de la cathédrale, semble insignifiant à côté des siècles d’histoires détruits.

4. Honeybees are in fact known to thrive in urban environments without the threat of pesticides used in rural farming areas;
Le miel des abeilles est en réalité connu pour être de meilleure qualité en zones urbaines, sans traitements par les pesticides utilisés dans les zones rurales agricoles.

Have a sweet Week!
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de maxwell, postée le 11-05-2019 à 10:57:37 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello
bon alors je suis volontaire pour la 1ère partie du texte

The bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived the blaze.
Notre-Dame's smallest residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled its famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to have perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper has confirmed that the bees are alive and buzzing. He has looked after the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.
The hives sat on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.

Les abeilles vivant sur le toit de la cathédrale Notre-Dame ont survécu à l'incendie.
Les plus petits résidents de Notre-Dame ont survécu au feu dévastateur qui a détruit la plus grande partie du toit de la cathédrale et fait tomber sa célèbre flèche.
On crut que les quelque deux-cent mille abeilles vivant sur le toit avaient péri dans l'incendie. Cependant, l'apiculteur de la cathédrale a confirmé que les abeilles sont bien vivantes. Il a veillé sur les trois ruches de la cathédrale depuis 2013, date à laquelle elles furent installées. Ce fut dans le cadre d'une initiative pour accroître le nombre d'abeilles sur Paris.
Les ruches se trouvaient au-dessus de la sacristie, près de l'aile sud de Notre-Dame, à environ 30m (98 pieds) sous le toit principal. Par conséquent, elles ont été épargnées par les flammes.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de magie8, postée le 11-05-2019 à 14:16:43 (S | E)
bonjour je travaille sur la suite .

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de magie8, postée le 11-05-2019 à 14:47:28 (S | E)
European (9) bees unlike(10) other species - stay by their hive after sensing danger, gorging on (11) honey and working to protect their queen.
High temperatures would have posed the biggest risk, but it was explained that any smoke would have simply intoxicated them. "Instead of killing them, the carbon dioxide made them drunk, put them to sleep." it was said.
"I'm incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but hearing there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. Thank(12) goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It's a small miracle !" he added.

Les abeilles Européennes contrairement aux autres espèces restent dans leur ruche après avoir senti le danger en se gorgeant de miel et travaillant pour protéger leur reine.
Les hautes températures auraient occasionné le plus grand risque , on nous a expliqué que n'importe quelle fumée les aurait simplement intoxiquées.Au lieu de les tuer , le dyoxide de carbone les a soulées, et plongées dans le sommeil.L'apiculteur nous a dit que généralement ils enfument les insectes pour les calmer et ainsi accéder plus facilement à la ruche.
"J'étais incroyablement triste à propos de Notre Dame car c'est un si bel édifice, mais entendre que la vie est là quand il s'agit des abeilles, c'est juste merveilleux.
Dieu merci , les flammes ne les ont pas atteintes. C'est un miracle ! "a- il ajouté."

-------------------
Modifié par magie8 le 11-05-2019 19:08

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de here4u, postée le 11-05-2019 à 16:38:33 (S | E)
Hello!

Je corrigerai ce follow up work demain.

Je viens de me rendre compte (il était temps ... ) que j'avais fait une erreur dans la phrase à reconstituer 2.
Désolée du temps que j'ai pu faire perdre à bon nombre d'entre vous ...
P L E A S E ... si vous trouvez quelque chose "d'étrange" lorsque vous travaillez - surtout dans les premiers temps après la publication du sujet - n'hésitez pas à me mettre un message en mp ...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de here4u, postée le 13-05-2019 à 12:33:31 (S | E)
Hello!
Trop travaillé sur le 156, hier ... J'ai "oublié" ce "follow-up work"... merci à vous, ô Volontaires pour ce travail supplémentaires, qui étiez prêts à temps ...

The bees living on Notre-Dame cathedral roof have survived the blaze.
Notre-Dame's smallest residents have survived the devastating fire which destroyed most of the cathedral's roof and toppled its famous spire.
Some 200,000 bees living in hives on the roof were initially thought to have perished in the blaze. However the cathedral's beekeeper has confirmed that the bees are alive and buzzing. He has looked after the cathedral's three beehives since 2013, when they were installed. That was part of an initiative to boost bee numbers across Paris.
The hives sat on top of the sacristy by Notre-Dame's south side, around 30m (98 ft) below the main roof. As a result, they have remained untouched by the flames.

Les abeilles vivant sur le toit de la cathédrale Notre-Dame ont survécu à l'incendie.
Les plus petits résidents de Notre-Dame ont survécu au feu dévastateur qui a détruit la plus grande partie du toit de la cathédrale et fait tomber sa célèbre flèche.
On crut (ici, je mettrais : "On a d'abord cru/ pensé")que les quelque deux-cent mille abeilles vivant sur le toit avaient péri dans l'incendie. Cependant, l'apiculteur de la cathédrale a confirmé que les abeilles sont bien vivantes. Il a veillé sur les trois ruches de la cathédrale depuis 2013, date à laquelle elles furent installées. Ce fut dans le cadre d'une initiative pour accroître le nombre d'abeilles sur Paris.
Les ruches se trouvaient au-dessus de la sacristie, près de l'aile sud de Notre-Dame, à environ 30m (98 pieds) sous le (au dessous du *) toit principal. Par conséquent, elles ont été épargnées par les flammes. Excellent!

* Pour moi, "sous" signifierait que le toit les recouvrait, alors que c'est une question de différence de hauteurs ...

"I'm incredibly sad about Notre-Dame because it's such a beautiful building, but hearing there is life when it comes to the bees, that's just wonderful. Thank (12) goodness the flames didn't touch them ! It's a small miracle !" he added.

Les abeilles Européennes, contrairement aux autres espèces, restent dans leur ruche après avoir senti le danger, (en) se gorgeant de miel et travaillant pour protéger leur reine.
Les hautes températures auraient occasionné le plus grand risque (auraient été plus risquées) ; on nous a expliqué que n'importe quelle fumée les aurait simplement intoxiquées. Au lieu de les tuer , le dyoxide(dioxyde) de carbone les a soulées étourdies, et plongées dans le sommeil. L'apiculteur nous a dit que généralement ils enfument (on enfume) les insectes pour les calmer et ainsi accéder plus facilement à la ruche.
"J'étais Je suis incroyablement triste à propos de Notre Dame car c'est un si bel édifice, mais entendre que la vie est là quand il s'agit des abeilles, c'est juste merveilleux.
Dieu merci , les flammes ne les ont pas atteintes. C'est un petit miracle ! "a- il ajouté." Bravo, bravo ! Très bonne traduction !

1. For the last six years, there have been a trio of beehives nestled on top of the cathedral’s roof.
Depuis les six dernières années, on a regroupé trois ruches au sommet (nichées en haut de) des toits de la cathédrale.

2. The honey they produce is donated (to) the city’s poor and vulnerable.
On donne le miel qu’elles produisent aux personnes pauvres et vulnérables de la ville.

Le sort des petitEs habitantEs ailéEs, et très actives (les plus affairés*) de la cathédrale, semble insignifiant à côté des siècles d’histoires détruits.

* Il s'agit ici d'un superlatif ABSOLU et non pas d'un superlatif relatif...
Lien internet

Le miel des abeilles est en réalité connu pour être de meilleure qualité en zones urbaines, sans traitements par les pesticides utilisés dans les zones rurales agricoles.
Alors là, tu m'étonnes, Choco, Amoureuse des animaux , d'avoir privilégié le miel sur les abeilles ... Elles ont tout de même failli mourir grillées, tout là haut, les pauvres ... C'est trop "matérialiste" pour toi ! Elles vivent bien, DONC, elles donnent du miel de bonne qualité ... mais elles restent la priorité ! Je suis certaine que tu es d'accord !
On sait que les abeilles se portent bien/ prospèrent en zones urbaines, préservées des pesticides utilisés ...

Bravo à ces trois volontaires courageux, qui ont pris des risques pour tous et devant tous !

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de chocolatcitron, postée le 16-05-2019 à 06:22:35 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Merci Here4u, pour tes corrections : mon contresens sur la quatrième phrase : bien sûr que je privilégie les abeilles au miel qu'elles fabriquent ! D'ailleurs, je ne suis pas du tout fan de miel… Étalée de tout son long, et en beauté, comme je ne manque pas de tomber dans le panneau des traductions d'associations de mots. Je ne sais jamais dans quel sens il faut traduire ces noms composés, que ce soit en français ou en anglais, c'est une véritable galère pour moi !
Je corrige : "Les abeilles mellifères…" ! Et pardon pour ces deux cent mille pauvres petites abeilles, et je préfère de loin la pensée qu'elles aient toutes survécu à cet enfer des flammes
See you soon !
Chocolatcitron.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/45 de here4u, postée le 16-05-2019 à 09:21:29 (S | E)
Hello dear Choco!

Je n'ai jamais douté de ton amour pour ces jolis petits insectes ... Je note qu'un complément de travail sur les noms composés serait utile ... à toi et sans doute à beaucoup d'autres !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.