- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Ex184/Translation and abascus

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 29-07-2020 à 20:09:30 (S | E | F)
Hello Dear Hardworkers!!

Voici votre nouvel exercice de "traduction" (du thème, cette fois ...) mais je n'ai pu résister à l'envie de vous donner ( en retard ) le premier abascus de l’été. J'espère que vous aurez assez de temps et d'enthousiasme pour faire ce travail. Je sais que vous êtes à gauche ... ou à droite : dans l'hexagone pour beaucoup, mais sais par expérience qu'il existe beaucoup de saines occupations pour ces vacances et aussi quelques zones blanches étonnantes où ne les attendrait pas ...
Comme toujours, faites ce que vous pouvez/ voulez ... et ce sera parfait !
Cette fois Maxwell vous fait souffrir 3 fois ! Sorry, guys...

I)Translate into English:

1. Maxwell: " Nous sommes désolés d'avoir rencontré un problème. Essayez encore. Si cela ne fonctionne pas, essayez de vous déconnecter et de revenir."

2. Maxwell: "Cela demande du doigté". " À force de faire ça tous les jours, je commence à avoir le coup de main. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron."

3. Maxwell : Il n'est pas dans mes habitudes de naviguer à vue et encore moins de tirer des plans sur la comète. S'appuyer sur des éléments factuels pour prévoir relève selon moi du simple bon sens. Maxwell

4. « Tu aurais dû te mêler de tes affaires ! Vouloir le faire changer, c’est prendre tes désirs pour des réalités ... C’est comme ça, on n’y peut rien !« 

5. « Est-ce que je peux t’aider ? » « Non ! … mais tu peux fermer la porte derrière toi en sortant, merci. »

6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs …« 

II) VOCABULARY: (OPTIONAL) Slide the abascus beads (LETTERS) along the wires (LINES) to make10 related words (belonging to the same theme) reading down. (The beads are on wires, and CANNOT jump over one another!)
Work well! You'll soon realize that this is no game!

The theme is "NEVER AGAIN".

1 |----I---------D-------C---------P----------M------|

2 |------T------C-------L--------A-------C-----------|

3 |-------S------O-------I--------O------------A-----|

4 |------O-------S------L-------C-------S------------|

5 |-----E--------V--------U----------N------S--------|

6 |---L------T-------S---------K-------E-------A-----|

7 |------A------I-----A---------D-------S------------|

8 |-----S------N---------T-------D------A-------S----|

9 |-------T-------D-------C-------E-------F----------|

10 |---I-------I----------E------O----------M--------|

11 |-------T------O------N-------W-----I--------E----|

12 |-----N------G--------R------N-----C------K-------|

Once again, MAY THE FORCE be with You!

Cet exercice est un et la correction sera en ligne le dimanche 16 août tard.
Go for it!

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de chocolatcitron, postée le 30-07-2020 à 03:34:29 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 29-07-2020 à 20:09:30 (S | E | F) dimanche 16 août tard.
Hello my dear Here4u and Maxwell, thanks!
Hello each of You!

STILL IN PROGRESS! Here4u, I'm fear you 've made a mistake (repeated twice in your introduction and in your tittle): "Abacus", not "abaScus"... I do love solving abaci!

Here is my work:
I)Translate into English: This first part is finished... !

1. Maxwell: " Nous sommes désolés d'avoir rencontré un problème. Essayez encore. Si cela ne fonctionne pas, essayez de vous déconnecter et de revenir."
« We are sorry that we encountered a problerm. Try again. If it doesn‘t work, try to disconnect and come back. »

2. Maxwell: "Cela demande du doigté". " À force de faire ça tous les jours, je commence à avoir le coup de main. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron."
« That asks for some skills ». « By dint of doing that everyday, I ‘m getting the hang of it. Practice makes perfect. »

3. Maxwell : Il n'est pas dans mes habitudes de naviguer à vue et encore moins de tirer des plans sur la comète. S'appuyer sur des éléments factuels pour prévoir relève selon moi du simple bon sens. Maxwell
I’m not used to flying by the seat of your pants, and even fewer than pipe dreams. Relying on factual evidence to predict is, according to me, common sense.

4. « Tu aurais dû te mêler de tes affaires ! Vouloir le faire changer, c’est prendre tes désirs pour des réalités ... C’est comme ça, on n’y peut rien !«
« You should have stuck your nose into your concerns! Wanting to make it change, there is a point indulging in wishful thinking... that is the way the cookie crumbles! »

5. « Est-ce que je peux t’aider ? » « Non ! … mais tu peux fermer la porte derrière toi en sortant, merci. »
« Can I help you? » « No! ... But you may close the door behind you when you get out, thank you. »

6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs …»
« Currently, I would like to be nowhere else... »

II) VOCABULARY: (OPTIONAL) Slide the abacus beads (LETTERS) along the wires (LINES) to make10 related words (belonging to the same theme) reading down. (The beads are on wires, and CANNOT jump over one another!)

This second part is finished too : but I'll post my work later... not to help those who want to rack their brains ! This one was a game for me, thanks !

The theme is "NEVER AGAIN"... Are you sure, of course we'd want to, but it always prowls around us...

The answers are:

1 |-I-D-C-P-M---|
2 |-T-C-L-A-C---|
3 |-S-O-I-O-A---|
4 |-O-S-L-C-S---|
5 |-E-V-U-N-S---|
6 |-L-T-S-K-E-A-|
7 |-A-I-A-D-S---|
8 |-S-N-T-D-A-S-|
9 |-T-D-C-E-F---|
10 |-I-I-E-O-M--|
11 |-T-O-N-W-I-E|
12 |-N-G-R-N-C-K|

Go for it!
L'abacus est déjà entièrement résolu, en moins de vingt minutes, c'est dire qu'il est très facile à trouver d'ailleurs.. Mais je vous laisse le suspens, et le plaisir de la recherche... Good luck!

Have a very very sweet week!
Enjoy your summer holidays wherever you go and whatever you do.
See you soon.

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de here4u, postée le 30-07-2020 à 05:20:52 (S | E)
Dear Choco...
I hope it will be : NEVER AGAIN ... of course... and I did it « easy » on purpose because it was long and I didn’t want to put you all off...

Besides, you are THE Champion of abascus...
( Thanks for the typo...)

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de taiji43, postée le 02-08-2020 à 12:02:37 (S | E)
Dear Her4U
Here, are my sentences made between two suitcases. We are leaging for the Alpes.

I whish all members nice summer vacation ! I will be silent for twenty days

READY TO BE CORRECTED
Maxwell: " Nous sommes désolés d'avoir rencontré un problème. Essayez encore. Si cela ne fonctionne pas, essayez de vous déconnecter et de revenir."
« We are sorry, we encountered a problerm. Try again. If it doesn‘t work, try to disconnect and log back on (reconnectez- vous à nouveau, c'est ce que je comprends )

« That requires to be taskful », « by dint of doing that everyday, I am starting to get the knack of it. Practice makes perfect »

I’m not used to play of your pants, and even fewer than pipe dreams. Relying on factual evidence to predict is, according to me, common sense.
It is not in my habits to play it by ear and even less to dwell too long on pipe dream Relying  on factual elements in order to anticipate as far as I am concerned , it is matter of comonsense .

4. « Tu aurais dû te mêler de tes affaires ! Vouloir le faire changer, c’est prendre tes désirs pour des réalités ... C’est comme ça, on n’y peut rien !«

« You should have mind your own business !Wanting to make him change, is to indulge in wishful thinking to delude yourself, tha's how it is !»

« Can I help you? » « No! ... But you may close the door behind you when you get out, thank you. »
«May I help you?” “No! … but you can close the door behind you on your way out, thank you. »

6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs …»
“currently, I don’t want to be anywhere else… »

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de maxwell, postée le 08-08-2020 à 10:44:39 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED
Hello Here4U and everybody

Thank you so much again : your sentences are always so interesting to translate

1. " Nous sommes désolés d'avoir rencontré un problème. Essayez encore. Si cela ne fonctionne pas, essayez de vous déconnecter et de revenir."
We're sorry we've run into an issue. Try again. if that doesn't work, try signing out and back in.

2. "Cela demande du doigté". " À force de faire ça tous les jours, je commence à avoir le coup de main. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron."
"It takes skill". "Simply by doing this every day, I'm starting to get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect."

3. Il n'est pas dans mes habitudes de naviguer à vue et encore moins de tirer des plans sur la comète. S'appuyer sur des éléments factuels pour prévoir relève selon moi du simple bon sens.
I'm not in the habit of playing it by ear, nor of building castles in the air. In my opinion, relying on factual evidence to make predictions is simply common sense.

4. « Tu aurais dû te mêler de tes affaires ! Vouloir le faire changer, c’est prendre tes désirs pour des réalités ... C’est comme ça, on n’y peut rien !« 
You should have minded your own business!   Wanting to make him change is indulging in wishful thinking... That's the way it is, there's nothing you can do about it.

"May I help you ?" "No, but you can close the door behind you on your way out, thanks"

6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs …
"Right now, there's no place I would rather be in the whole world than right here....

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de alpiem, postée le 12-08-2020 à 18:04:13 (S | E)
Hello,dear Here4U
keeping going ahead despite covirus.

"We are sorry about experiencing a problem. Do try again. If it doesn't work, try disconecting then rebooting."

"It requires a soft touch." "In the dint of doing it every day, I'm begining to get the hang of it.Practice makes perfect."

It's not in my habits to be playing by ear,let alone to build castles in the air.
Relying on factual elements to anticipate is just for me a matter of common sense.

4. « Tu aurais dû te mêler de tes affaires ! Vouloir le faire changer, c'est prendre tes désirs pour des réalités ... C'est comme ça, on n'y peut rien !«

"You should have minded your own business ! Wanting to talk him into changing his mind
That's like taking one's wishes for realities...
That's the way things are, you can't help it!"

5. « Est-ce que je peux t'aider ? » « Non ! ? mais tu peux fermer la porte derrière toi en sortant, merci. »
"May I help you?" "No,but you can shut the door out, thanks ."

6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs ?«

"Right now there is no place I'd rather be"

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de joe39, postée le 15-08-2020 à 09:58:52 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
Please find hereunder my try,
Ready to be corrected.

)Translate into English:

We are sorry for the encountered problem. Try again. if it shouldn't work, please try to log off and get back.
It needs skill. By doing this every day, I’m starting to have a knack for the job. Only by forging you become a blacksmith
3. Maxwell : Il n'est pas dans mes habitudes de naviguer à vue et encore moins de tirer des plans sur la comète. S'appuyer sur des éléments factuels pour prévoir relève selon moi du simple bon sens
It’s no habit of mine to fly without instrument and still lesser make plans out our future. In my opinion, relying on factual elements to forecast is just common sense.
You should have minded your own business! Wanting to change it, is going out of touch with the reality. That’s why we can’t do anything.
May I help you ? No! …. But you can shut the door behind you on your way out, thank you.
6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs …« "Right now, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else ..."
II – Abacus.
I’m sorry, but the most words I have found are:
Test, isolation, covid, distancing, cluster, lockdown, pandemic, mask, safe.

I thank you very much and wish you a pleasant feast of the Assumption.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de chocolatcitron, postée le 15-08-2020 à 10:36:15 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u!
Hi Everybody!

FINISHED, of course !

Here is my work:

II) VOCABULARY: (OPTIONAL) Slide the abacus beads (LETTERS) along the wires (LINES) to make10 related words (belonging to the same theme) reading down. (The beads are on wires, and CANNOT jump over one another!)

This second part is finished too : but I'll post my work later..., not to help those who want to rack their brains ! This one was a game for me, thanks !

The theme is "NEVER AGAIN"... Are you sure? Of course we'd want to, but it always prowls around us.

The answers are:
1 test = test.
2 isolation = isolement.
3 Covid.
4 distancing = distanciation.
5 cluster = foyer de contagion, foyer de contamination.
6 lockdown = confinement.
7 pandemic = pandémie, pandémique.
8 cases = cas.
9 safe = sain, en sécurité.
10 mask = masques.

I even made a board with its regular colums, but I failed while posting my topic ! Never mind...

This one is the traditional presentation :

1 |-------I------------D-----C------------P-------------------M---|
2 |--T----------C------------------L------A-----C-----------------|
3 |-------S-----O------I-----------O------------A-----------------|
4 |-------O------------S-----L-----C-------------------S----------|
5 |--E----------V------------U------------N-----S-----------------|
6 |-------L------------T-----S-----K------------E-------------A---|
7 |-------A-----I------A------------------D-----S-----------------|
8 |--S-----------------N-----T-----D-------------------A------S---|
9 |-------T-----D------C------------------E------------F----------|
10 |------I------------I-----E-----O------M-----------------------|
11 |-T----O------------N-----------W------I------------E----------|
12 |------N------------G-----R-----N------C-------------------K---|

Thank you very much, my dear Here4u, it was really easy to find these words, as they have been repeated to us for the past few months, everybody has noticed it!!!
Have a very sweet week, and take care of yourselves, each of You!
See you soon.

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de swan85, postée le 15-08-2020 à 14:08:57 (S | E)
Hello Here4U

Ready to be corrected

)Translate into English:

« We are sorry you have encountered a problem. Try again. If that does’nt work try to log out and to come back”.

« It requires dexterity ». “By dint of doing that daily, I am beginning to get the hang of it. So, training is everything”

3. Maxwell : Il n'est pas dans mes habitudes de naviguer à vue et encore moins de tirer des plans sur la comète. S'appuyer sur des éléments factuels pour prévoir relève selon moi du simple bon sens.
It’s neither in my habits to navigate by visual flying nor imagining what could happen.
In my opinion, relying on factual elements to predict is just common sense.

« You should have minded your own business ! Wanting him to change it’s taking your desires for granted…
It’s the way things are, we can’t help it !”

« May I help you ? » « No !...But you can shut the door behind you on your way out, thank’s”?.

6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs …«
« Right now, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else….. »

Thank you and see you.

-------------------
Modifié par swan85 le 15-08-2020 14:13

Réponse : Ex184/Translation and abascus de here4u, postée le 16-08-2020 à 22:46:42 (S | E)
Hello, Dears!

Voici votre correction. Toujours beaucoup d'expressions idiomatiques dans les phrases de Max ! Vous vous en êtes bien sortis, avec de la recherche et des trouvailles ... Bravo à vous !

(La phrase n’était pas très claire : "le problème rencontré" était-il de la responsabilité du locuteur ou de la personne à laquelle il donne les conseils ?) Certains d’entre vous m’ont donné deux phrases ! Bravo ). J’ai choisi de rester assez neutre pour que les deux interprétations soient envisageables… Just a reminder: the context IS important.

"We’re very sorry a problem has occurred! Try again! If it still doesn’t work, try to log off and log back on again."
- Nous sommes désolés de : We apologize for/ to be sorry to/ sorry for…/ sorry that we…/ sorry that you…/
- Rencontrer un problème : to encounter a problem/ to meet a problem/ to face a problem / to have a problem…
- "We are sorry you've experienced a problem/ We are sorry for the encountered problem/ a problem arose/ a problem occurred/ an issue arose/
Lien internet

Lien internet

- dis- and reconnect / disconnect and reconnect/ unplug and plug back again/ log off and log back on again = « The IT solution »…

2. Maxwell: " Cela demande du doigté. " " À force de faire ça tous les jours, je commence à avoir le coup de main. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron."
"It requires working skilfully." "By doing that everyday, I’m starting to get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect!"

- du doigté : work deftly/ skilfully/ adeptly/
- A force de faire : by dint of stg/ by way of/with…/ through stg/ through doing something/ by doing something/
- Avoir le coup de main : you get the hang of it.
- C’est en forgeant qu’on devient forgeron : Practice makes perfect!/ "We learn by doing"/ "If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try Again!"

3. Maxwell : Il n'est pas dans mes habitudes de naviguer à vue et encore moins de tirer des plans sur la comète.
S'appuyer sur des éléments factuels pour prévoir, relève, selon moi, du simple bon sens.
I’m not used to playing it by ear… and much less to piping dreams… In my opinion, relying on factual elements in order to plan is simple common sense.

- Naviguer à vue : navigate visually/ navigate without instruments/ play it by ear/ fly by the seat of one’s pants/
- Tirer des plans sur la comète : make ambitious plans/ make overly ambitious plans/ pie in the sky (uncountable)/
pipe dreams/ castles in the air
- encore moins : vous n'avez pas bien traité cette expression, sans difficultés cependant. even less/ even less so/ let alone/ much less/ much less so/ A retenir.
- S’appuyer sur : to lean on sb (= se reposer sur qqn)/ to be based on/ to rest on/ to rely on stg/
- Eléments factuels : factual elements/ factual evidence/ factual in formation/
- Prévoir : forecast/ predict/ think up/ plan/ organise/ provide for/ foresee/ anticipate/ be prepared to/
Maxwell!

4. « Tu aurais dû te mêler de tes affaires ! Vouloir le faire changer, c’est prendre tes désirs pour des réalités ... C’est comme ça, on n’y peut rien ! »
You should have minded your own business! Wanting to change him is wishful thinking. That’s what he’s like… There’s nothing to be done!

- Se mêler de ses affaires : to mind one’s own business
- prendre tes désirs pour des réalités : Lien internet
/ indulge in wishful thinking,/
- C’est comme ça ! / That’s the way the cookie crumbles »/
- « On n’y peut rien ! » : Nothing can be done !/ there's nothing you can do about it./ There’s nothing to be done!/ You can't help it!/ It can't be helped!/

«Can I help you?» «No you can’t… but you may close the door behind you on your way out, thanks.»

- Aucune difficulté ici. J’ai juste un peu joué avec les auxiliaires modaux pour faire comprendre à « l’intrus » qu’il gênait son interlocuteur …
- En sortant : When you go out/ going out/ « on your way out » est le plus usuel.

6. « En ce moment, je ne voudrais être nulle part ailleurs … »
«Right now, there's no other place I’d rather be! »

- En ce moment : Now/ Currently/ Presently,/ At the present time,/ Right now,/ Just now,/ At the moment,/ At this moment,/ At present/ As we speak,/
- I would like to be nowhere else/ I wouldn’t like to be anywhere else/ there's no place I’d rather be/

Peu de volontaires pour affronter ce casse-tête de circonstances que j'avais voulu "facile" ... Merci aux deux téméraires ! et

The theme is "NEVER AGAIN".(Fingers crossed!)

1 |-----------I---------------D--------C-----------------P----------------------M---|

2 |----T-------------C---------------------------L-------A-------C------------------|

3 |-----------S------O--------I------------------O---------------A------------------|

4 |-----------O---------------S---------L--------C----------------------S-----------|

5 |----E-------------V------------------U----------------N-------S------------------|

6 |-----------L---------------T---------S--------K---------------E--------------A---|

7 |-----------A------I--------A------------------D---------------S------------------|

8 |----S----------------------N---------T----------------D--------------A-------S---|

9 |-----------T------D--------C--------------------------E--------------F-----------|

10 |----------I---------------I---------E--------O-------M--------------------------|

11 |---T------O---------------N------------------W-------I--------------E-----------|

12 |----------N---------------G---------R--------N-------C----------------------K---|

- test : un test
- isolation : l'isolement
- covid
- distancing : social distancing: la distanciation sociale
- cluster : un foyer d'infection
- lockdown : le confinement
- a pandemic : une pandémie
- cases : des cas
- safe : en sécurité
- mask : un masque

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.