- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Ex 204/here comes the sun at last!

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 29-05-2021 à 18:10:23 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Hard workers!

Voici votre nouvel exercice (de thème). Comme toujours, vous pourriez choisir de faire du "mot à mot", mais vous savez que cela n'a pas (trop) d'intérêt, et c’est pourquoi je vous demande, comme toujours, de la recherche et de la créativité !
Je sais que je peux compter sur vous tous ... Je vous rappelle que tout le monde peut rendre tout ou partie du travail à condition de bien le travailler et de me donner YOUR BEST!

I) Translate into English:

1) Qu’est-ce qui est le pire ? Qu’elle connaisse la vérité ou qu’on lui dise que tu ne veux rien avoir affaire avec elle ?

2) Aussitôt que mon éditeur en aura fini avec mon livre, je t’en enverrai la première épreuve …

3) Je l’ai envoyé balader hier et je ne sais pas quand il reviendra me voir, s'il revient jamais ...

4) Y a-t-il des obstacles contre lesquels vous vous êtes heurtés ?

5) « Promets-moi de ne pas dire du mal de son beau-père à Sally … » « Je n’ai jamais mal parlé de son grand-père à Sally et je ne le ferai pas de Teddy non plus. »

6) Tant qu’il ne travaille pas pour la concurrence directe, je me moque bien mal où Tom sera employé. J’en ai vraiment plus qu’assez de lui pour me mêler de la recherche de travail de Tom.

II) Several of you have found that the "new game" (given in the preceding exercise) was quite "funny" and interesting ... My students used to like it too and we had "competitions" of it! (very funny ones!)
Therefore, let's "Stress" again! (the "good stress", you know, the one you put on every word - in the right place - to make sure you're understood..."

I'll give you 15 words to stress on a syllable and you're going to classify them in three groups according to the syllable you have stressed: (FIRST SYLLABLE/ SECOND SYLLABLE / THIRD SYLLABLE)
ie: WINDOW will be: window OR window or 'window. Is that clear? I hope so!

15 words to stress…
- EXPENSIVE – SECRETARY – IDENTICAL - MELANCHOLY – ACTION – MAGAZINE - INTERNATIONALLY - UNFORESEEABLE – FIREPLACE – UNREALISTIC – SENIOR – ASTONISHING – INTRIGUE – INTERESTED – PROGRAMME -

This exercise is a and the correction will be online on Monday, June 14th 2021.

May the FORCE be with YOU!

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de yg0321, postée le 31-05-2021 à 09:52:50 (S | E)
Hello here4u,

1) What is worse, that she knows the true or that we tell her that you don't want to do anything with her?

2) As soon as my editor will finish with my book, i 'll send you the first event

3) I send him away yesterday and i don't know when he will come to see me again if he ever comes back.

4) Are there any obstacles against which you have encoutered.

5) Promise me you won't speak ill about his father in law to Sally. I have never speak ill about his grand father and i'm gonna do it to Teddy either.

6) As long as he doesn't work for the direct competition, i don't care much where >Tom will be employed, I'm really tired of him to get me involved about his search for work.

Hello, for the second exercise, I don't understand how to do it, and I prefer to not not to try to do something bad.

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 31-05-2021 10:41
gris

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de here4u, postée le 31-05-2021 à 15:28:59 (S | E)
Hello yg0321!

among our Lovers of English!

If you change your mind about Ex2, you may add your tries whenever you fancy!

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de maro, postée le 01-06-2021 à 15:12:20 (S | E)
Hello Here4U,
I answer first the second game :
SEcretary
ACtion
MAgazine
FIreplace
UNrealistic
SEnior
INtrigue
INterested
PROgramme

exPENsive
iDENtical
asTOnishing

melanCHOly
interNAtionally
unforSEEable

Have a good day
Maro

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de here4u, postée le 01-06-2021 à 15:51:44 (S | E)
Plusieurs mots ont deux accents : un accent primaire et un secondaire ....

C’est le PRIMAIRE. Qui nous intéresse ...

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de alpiem, postée le 01-06-2021 à 21:38:30 (S | E)
hello eveybody and dear here4u
HERE IS MY 204 (NOT PEUGEOT) HERE COMES THE SUN AT LAST

1) Qu'est-ce qui est le pire ? Qu'elle connaisse la vérité ou qu'on lui dise que tu ne veux rien avoir affaire avec elle ?
What is worst ? For her knowing the truth or being told that you don't want anything to do with her?

2) Aussitôt que mon éditeur en aura fini avec mon livre, je t'en enverrai la première épreuve ?
ASA my publisher is done with my book, I will send you the initial draft.

3) Je l'ai envoyé balader hier et je ne sais pas quand il reviendra me voir, s'il revient jamais ...
I blew him off yesterday and I don't know when he will drop in on me if ever....

Have you come past obstacles you have been confused with?

5) « Promets-moi de ne pas dire du mal de son beau-père à Sally ? » « Je n'ai jamais mal parlé de son grand-père à Sally et je ne le ferai pas de Teddy non plus. »
""Promise me not to speak ill of her father-in-law to Sally." "I haven't spoken badly of her grand-father to sally and neither will do it so of Teddy".

6) Tant qu'il ne travaille pas pour la concurrence directe, je me moque bien mal où Tom sera employé. J'en ai vraiment plus qu'assez de lui pour me mêler de la recherche de travail de Tom.
Unless he works for a direct competition I don't care less about whom Tom is employed by.I've had my fill of him (enough of him) to mind my own business (to interfere with) Tom's search for work (job hunt going)

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 05-06-2021 22:23

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de taiji43, postée le 03-06-2021 à 19:15:55 (S | E)
Dear Hear4U

they are short sentences that can be used in a common conversation ; however, I spend time on them.

READY TO BE CORRECTED

1) Qu’est-ce qui est le pire ? Qu’elle connaisse la vérité ou qu’on lui dise que tu ne veux rien avoir affaire avec elle ?
What is (the) worst? either she will be know the truth orshe will be told :you want nothing to do with her?
PS I’m stuck whith that entence

2) Aussitôt que mon éditeur en aura fini avec mon livre, je t’en enverrai la première épreuve …
As soon as my publisher has done with my book, I'll send you the first proof…

3) Je l’ai envoyé balader hier et je ne sais pas quand il reviendra me voir, s'il revient jamais ...
I blew him off yesterday and I don't know when he will be backto see me, if he ever does ..

Are there any obstacles you have come up against?

5) « Promets-moi de ne pas dire du mal de son beau-père à Sally … » « Je n’ai jamais mal parlé de son grand-père à Sally et je ne le ferai pas de Teddy non plus. »
"Promise me, you won't speak ill of her stepfather to Sally ..." "I never speak ill of her grandfather to Sally and I won’t do it about Teddy either.

6) Tant qu’il ne travaille pas pour la concurrence directe, je me moque bien mal où Tom sera employé. J’en ai vraiment plus qu’assez de lui pour me mêler de la recherche de travail de Tom.
As long as he doesn't work for the direct competition, I couldn’t care much or I don’t give a hump ??? where Tom will be hired. I have had more than enough of him to interfere with Tom's job search.

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de magie8, postée le 04-06-2021 à 18:09:16 (S | E)
Hello bonjour , travail terminé,

Translate into English: Bon pour correction

What is worse ? that she knows the truth or that she is told you don't want to deal anything with her ?

As soon as my editor had finished with my book, I'll send you the first print

I sent him packing yesterday and I don't know when he come back to see me if he ever does

Are there barriers against which you got hit ?

"Promise me you won't say anything bad about your father-in-law..."" I never spoke ill of his grandfather and I won't speak ill of Teddy either"

As long as he didn't work for direct competition,I don't care where Tom's gonna be employed; I am really sick of him to get involved in Tom's job search

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de swan85, postée le 04-06-2021 à 21:37:12 (S | E)
Hello Here4U.
Thank you for this new exercise.
READY TO BE CORRECTED

1)What’s the worst ? whether she knew the truth or she is told you don’t want to deal with her ?

2)As soon as my publisher has finished with my book, I’ll send you the first proof.

3) I sent him away yesterday and I don’t know when he’ll come back to see me, if he ever does….

4) Are there any obstacles you have faced ?

5) « Please, promise me you won’t speak ill of his stepfather to Sally …. »« I’ve never spoken ill of his grandfather to Sally and Teddy either. »

6/ Providing that he doesn’t work for direct competition, I don’t really care in which company Tom will be employed. I’m really tired of him by meddling in tom’s job search.

II)
1ST Syllabe : secretary - melancholy - action – fireplace – senior – programme

2nd Syllabe : expensive – identical – intrigue -

3rd Syllabe : Internationally – unforseeable – unrealistic – astonishing – interested – magazine

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de maxwell, postée le 05-06-2021 à 11:52:17 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED
Hello Here4U
Thanks again for these very interesting sentences, not too easy to translate

Which is worse? That she knows the truth or that she's told you don't want to have anything to do with her?

As soon as my publisher has finished my book, I'll send you the first proof.

I sent him packing yesterday and I don't know when he'll come back and see me if he ever comes back...

Are there obstacles you've come up against?

5) « Promets-moi de ne pas dire du mal de son beau-père à Sally … » « Je n’ai jamais mal parlé de son grand-père à Sally et je ne le ferai pas de Teddy non plus. »"Promise me not to speak ill of her stepfather to Sally." "I've never spoken ill of her grandfather to Sally and I won't do it about Teddy either.

As long as he doesn't work for the direct competition, I don't care where Tom will be engaged. I've really had more than enough of him to get involved in Tom's search for work

II) STRESSING:
I'll give you 15 words to stress on a syllable and you're going to classify them in three groups according to the syllable you have stressed: (FIRST SYLLABLE/ SECOND SYLLABLE / THIRD SYLLABLE)

FIRST SYLLABE : 'SECRETARY ;  'MELANCHOLY ; 'ACTION ; 'FIREPLACE ; 'SENIOR ; 'INTRIGUE (noun)  ; 'INTERESTED ; 'PROGRAMME
SECOND SYLLABE : EX'PENSIVE ; I'DENTICAL ;  A'STONISHING ; IN'TRIGUE (verb)
THIRD SYLLABE : MAGA'ZINE ; INTER'NATIONNALY ; UNFOR'SEEABLE ; UNREA'LISTIC ;

I didn't know at all for melancholy and intrigue... Is it me or are these less used words?

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de maya92, postée le 05-06-2021 à 16:16:19 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

What’s worse ? Her knowing the truth or being told you don’t want to have to deal with her

2) Aussitôt que mon éditeur en aura fini avec mon livre, je t’en enverrai la première épreuve
The moment my publisher is done with my book I’ll send you the first draft…

3) Je l’ai envoyé balader hier et je ne sais pas quand il reviendra me voir, s'il revient jamais
I sent him packing yesterday and I don’t know when he comes back to see me, if he ever does ...

Are there problems which you’ve come up against ?

Promise me not to speak evil of her stepfather to Sally .. I’ve never run down Sally’s grand-father and I won’t do it about Teddy either

As long as he doesn’t work for the direct competition, I don’t care where Tom will get a job. I’m really more than fed up with him and won’t be involved in his job’s search

Thank u - Have a nice week-end

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de choquants123, postée le 08-06-2021 à 07:41:20 (S | E)
Hello,

1) Qu'est-ce qui est le pire ? Qu'elle connaisse la vérité ou qu'on lui dise que tu ne veux rien avoir affaire avec elle ?
What's worse ? Her knowing the truth or being told you don't want to have to deal with her

2) Aussitôt que mon éditeur en aura fini avec mon livre, je t'en enverrai la première épreuve
The moment my publisher is done with my book I'll send you the first draft...

3) Je l'ai envoyé balader hier et je ne sais pas quand il reviendra me voir, s'il revient jamais
I sent him packing yesterday and I don't know when he comes back to see me, if he ever does ...

Are there problems which you've come up against ?

gave in a sentence

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-06-2021 08:45
gris

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de chocolatcitron, postée le 10-06-2021 à 17:16:13 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 29-05-2021 à 18:10:23 (S | E | F)
Hello my dear Here4u, thank you very much! ❤️
Hello!

Here is my work:
What’s the worst? Whether she knows the truth or is told that you don’t want to deal with her?

As soon as my publisher gets my book over with, I’ll send you the first proof.

3) Je l’ai envoyé balader hier et je ne sais pas quand il reviendra me voir, s'il ne revient jamais ...
I sent him packing yesterday and I don’t know when he comes back to see me, if he ever comes back…

Are there any impediments you have met with ?

« Promise me not to badmouth his father-in-law to Sally… » « I have never spoken ill off his grand-father to Sally, and I won’t do Teddy either! »

As long as he doesn’t work for direct rivalry, I don’t care quite good where Tom will be employed. I‘m really more fed up with him to get myself involved in Tom’s job searches.

II) 15 words to stress… I DO love it, even if it’s not really easy for me!❤️
Les majuscules signalent l’accent tonique.

Accent tonique 1ere syllabe : SEcretary, MElancholy, Action, INternationally, FIreplace, Senior, Intrigue, INterested, PROgramme.
Accent tonique 2e syllabe : exPENsive, iDENtical, maGAzine, unREalistic, asTOnishing.
Accent tonique 3e syllabe : unforeSEEable.

I did my very best you know!❤️
Have a pretty sweet week, and take care of yourselves, all of you!
See you soon.

Réponse : Ex 204/here comes the sun at last! de here4u, postée le 14-06-2021 à 22:36:19 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Workers!

Merci à vous qui avez passé une partie de votre temps « libéré » à travailler avec nous.
Ces « petites phrases » n’étaient pas très difficiles, (quoique … ) mais elles demandaient de ne pas se lancer dans du mot à mot et de chercher les expressions idiomatiques ou fréquemment utilisées. Bravo, souvent, de l'avoir fait !

I)Translate into English:

What’s worse? Her knowing the truth or her being told that you don’t want to have anything to do with her?

- "Le pire" : en français c’est soit un comparatif, soit un superlatif. Ici, la comparaison est entre deux éléments possibles => emploi du COMPARATIF obligatoire.
- « Qu’elle connaisse la vérité » : le fait qu’elle connaisse la vérité = gérondif (qui fait fonction de nom et sera ici, en anglais britannique, précédé de l’adjectif possessif). Le fait qu’elle connaisse : her knowing/ le fait qu’il fume : his smoking/
- « qu’on lui dise » : superpositions de plusieurs difficultés, ici. ON => passif : to be told : le fait qu’on lui dise => her being told.
- « avoir affaire /// avoir à faire » : Attention ! Ne pas confondre :
Lien internet

2) Aussitôt que mon éditeur en aura fini avec mon livre, je t’en enverrai la première épreuve…
As soon as my editor has finished with my book, I’ll send you a galley copy of it.

- Derrière « as soon as/ when/ once/ before/ after/ as soon as/ as long as/ while… »(conjonctions de subordination temporelles/ locutions conjonctives temporelles) pas de futur. On emploie le present simple, ou le present perfect.
* Lien internet
/ first draft

3) Je l’ai envoyé balader hier et je ne sais pas quand il reviendra me voir, s'il revient jamais.
I blew him off last night. I don’t know when / he’ll come back/ he’ll be back, if he ever comes back.

- Envoyer balader : to blow off/ give someone the air/ give someone his/ her marching orders.../ chuck it in/ send away with a flea in their ear/ send packing.
- Bien sûr, vous vous souvenez de ce que nous avons dit en phrase 2 : pas de futur derrière les conjonctives temporelles MAIS ici, "when" n’est pas conjonction de subordination … C’est un pronom interrogatif indirect introduit par « I don’t know »… => il sera suivi du futur. Lien internet

4. Y a-t-il des obstacles contre lesquels vous vous êtes heurtés ?
Are there any hurdles that you’ve run up against?

- Se heurter à un obstacle : to run up against a hurdle/ to hit an obstacle/ run into an obstacle/ hit a snag/ Attention au rejet de la particule adverbiale éventuelle en fin de phrase.

5. « Promets-moi de ne pas dire du mal de son beau-père à Sally … » « Je n’ai jamais mal parlé de son grand-père à Sally et je ne le ferai pas de Teddy non plus. »
Promise me you won't badmouth her step-father to Sally. I've never said a bad word to Sally about her Grandpa, and I won't do it about Teddy either.

- mal parler de : to badmouth sb/ to say a bad word about sb/ speak ill of sb/ calumniate/ slag off
- bien revoir l’emploi de « too »// « either » Lien internet

6. Tant qu’il ne travaille pas pour la concurrence directe, je me moque bien mal où Tom sera employé. J’en ai vraiment plus qu’assez pour me mêler de la recherche de travail de Tom.
As long as Tom’s not working for direct competition, I couldn't care less where he’ll work. I'm too sick and tired to get involved in Tom’s/ his/ job hunting.

- Attention, « Tant que », ici, exprimait un TEMPS : aussi longtemps que.
- J’en ai assez : I’ve had enough/ I’m fed up with/ I’m sick and tired of/

II) 15 words to stress…
EXPENSIVE – SECRETARY – IDENTICAL - MELANCHOLY – ACTION – MAGAZINE - INTERNATIONALLY - UNFORESEEABLE – FIREPLACE – UNREALISTIC – SENIOR – ASTONISHING – INTRIGUE – INTERESTED – PROGRAMME –

FIRST SYLLABE : 'SECRETARY ; 'MELANCHOLY ; 'ACTION ; 'FIREPLACE ; 'SENIOR ; 'INTRIGUE (noun) ; 'INTERESTED ; 'PROGRAMME

SECOND SYLLABE : EX'PENSIVE ; I'DENTICAL ; AS’TONISHING ; IN'TRIGUE (verb)

THIRD SYLLABE :’MAGA'ZINE ; INTER'NATIONNALY ; UNFOR'SEEABLE ; UNREA'LISTIC ;

Bravo à tous pour votre très bon travail, vos recherches … et vos trouvailles !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.