- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

EO/Places and forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

EO/Places and forms of power
Message de chillance posté le 18-05-2018 à 19:06:05 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
j'aimerais encore une petite relecture sur mon expression orale!
Merci beaucoup!

Places and Forms of Power.

Today I’m going to speak about the notion places and forms of power.
But first of all, I would like to give a definition of the terms. The power is the ability to exercise control or authority over others. Power affects more than personal relationships, it shapes larger dynamics like social group, professional organizations, and governments. There can be good or bad types of power.
In order to illustrate this notion I have chosen to talk about the satire and the political cartoons thought the ages, and attempt to answer the question : how satire and political cartoons use ridicule to fight abuse of power?
To answer this question I will present three political cartoons: firstly, I will analyze Gin Lane by Hogarth, next, focusing on the political cartoon by James Gillray who named is Plumb Pudding in Danger, and finally, I will finish with Napalm, by Banksy Art.

So, the first document I have chosen is Gin Lane, by the painter William Hogarth.
It deals with the problem of the overconsumption of alcohol (here the Gin) in England in 18th century.
On the paint, we can see a nightmarish scene in London's street, where anarchy and K.O reign.
Is objective is making fear to the people who could lose their comfort, and their wealth. By seeing this paint, they are going to be motivated to go to put the pressure on their members of parliament, when they will pass the law against the Gin in 1751. The representation is not realistic, the artist caricatures all the terrible situations bound to the Gin, to accentuate the danger.
The second document which I studied in class is a political cartoon by James Gillray.
On the cartoon, we can see Napoleon ans the Prime Minister of England shared and divided the world, represented by a pudding, in parts.
The artist try to criticize the expansionist policy of the two superpowers at that time.
This cartoon is considered like the highest political cartoon of all the time.
The last document what i'm going to talk, is a caricature by Banksy Art, called Napalm.
On the caricature, we can see 3 famous people : Mickey Mouse, McRonald, and in the middle, the Vietnamese girl, of the famous picture taking during the War of Vietnam by Nick Hurt. Mickey Mouse and McRonald take the girl by the hand, not like a friend, but like a prisoner.
Mickey is symbolic of the Disneysification of the world, which imposes is cultural model on the whole world.
McRonald is symbolic, not only of a culinary invasion which strikes the world, but also the power of the American multinationals.
The objective of this cartoon is attack the cultural and economic aggression by the USA over children and the world.

To conclude, it's necessary to understand that the political cartoon is very powerful. It's often easier to attack somebody by making a fool of him. The target becomes something small, that we can't take any more with serious.
These three documents knew how to illustrate how the satire commits to make a fool of the power, by shocking scenes, to denounce a real cause. Personally, I find the concept of the political cartoons, interesting. Because I think that it is an average express, and of the simplest, to deliver a message real and concrete.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 18-05-2018 22:25

Réponse : EO/Places and forms of power de laure95, postée le 19-05-2018 à 14:51:01 (S | E)
Bonjour,
- The (pas de the)power is the ability to exercise control or authority over others.
- social group: mettre au pluriel.
- thought the ages: ?
- how (il manque l'auxiliaire)satire and political cartoons use ridicule to fight (préposition)abuse of power?
- focusing on the political cartoon by James Gillray who named is Plumb Pudding in Danger,

- On the paint (pas le bon mot)
- Is objective is making (pas la bonne forme du verbe)fear to
- when they will pass (pas de futur derrière when) the law against the Gin in 1751.

- On the cartoon, we can see Napoleon ans the Prime Minister of England shared and divided the world
- The artist try (faute de conjugaison) to criticize the expansionist policy of the two superpowers at that time.

- Mickey Mouse and McRonald take (prsent be +-ing)the girl by the hand,
- which imposes is cultural model on the whole world.
- The objective of this cartoon is (préposition)attack the cultural and economic aggression by the USA over children

- we can't take any more with serious: enlever with et mettre l'adverbe formé à partir de serious.
- a message real and concrete: ordre des mots.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.