- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Notion/spaces and exchanges

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Notion/spaces and exchanges
Message de jensen posté le 20-02-2019 à 16:33:38 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je suis en terminale, et je fais encore quelques fautes en anglais, serait-il possible que vous m'aidiez à corriger ma notion ?
Je vous remercie d'avance pour votre aide.

I’m going to talk about the notion of spaces and exchanges. To begin with, I’d like to give a definition of this notion. Exchanges are made of people with trades and shared knowledge. Exchanges are different deals made by people in the world and particularly in specific spaces places, where exchanges take place and immigration is linked to spaces and exchanges at is in it implies motion of legal and illegal people to different countries.
In relation to the notion, the subject of my presentation will be about the immigration to the Unites States of America.
We may answer the question how was the immigration in the 19th-20 centuries in the United States of America?
First of all, I will concentrate on the reasons for immigration, then I will analyze the place, named Ellis Island.

First of all, a lot of people left their country of origin to go in the United States of America which appeared as a country where the immigrants could get a better life. However, it wasn’t easy to forget their own culture, to leave everything behind.
I chose an extract from a radio, named « Voice of America » to illustrate this subject. We can hear two people, Léon Scully and Maurice Joyce. They speak about the people who immigrated.
So, in the 1840’s, Irish people were starving, they couldn’t eat their fill because of a disease that ravaged the crops they had nothing left to eat. It was the Potato Famine.
In the 1850’s, British workers left their homeland because the USA offered higher pay. Indeed, the American factory owners needed skilled workers.
In eighteen seventy, as jobs were hard to find, English people were dying of hunger because of the industrial and agricultural revolution.
In Poland, there was no work, nor money, that’s why, Polish people wanted to emigrate, they dreamt of earning more money.
In the late nineteenth century, Jewish people from Southern and Eastern Europe moved to America because they were victims of violence.
Italian people left because they were scared of Cholera.
Actually, there were many reasons which made people leave their countries in the 19th-20th centuries and the USA has emerged as the country where to go.

Secondly, we’re going to see the place, named Ellis Island. From 1900 to 1917, 8 million European immigrants crossed the Atlantic Ocean, it was a chance for everyone to get a better life.
The Southern and Eastern Europeans struggled to be accepted, they tried not to feel as outsiders, because of the American President, Woodrow Wilson, who wanted Americans to be just like him, a WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant).
From 1918 to 1924, another million immigrants arrived at Ellis Island, but the USA was closing the doors hence limiting the flood, the influx of immigrants, quotas and literacy tests were imposed.
The videos, I saw, explain us how it was to go to Ellis Island. Indeed, the speaker explains that immigration was a real industry especially for the shipping companies and for railroad companies.
After about 1895, contract laborers were no longer allowed to come to the USA. The same years that the Statue of Liberty was being built in New York harbor the USA entirely severed immigration with China excluding people because they felt they were unassimilable to the great melting pot of the USA but Ellis Island served a similar purpose after 1892.
Inspection was divided into two parts: a medical inspection and a variety of questions.
The immigrants were questioned on their political ideology, but also on their ability to get a job, their identity, their families and their friends.
The immigrants faced many people through inspections as doctors, immigration inspectors, translators and interpreters.
On the ship, the duration of the journey was lasted from 1 week to 2 weeks, depending on where they left from.
On board, there were the first, second and third class.
On board, the conditions were despicable, there were cramped spaces underneath the deck, and people were sea sick, people were crying. There were small portholes to let the light and the air in.
The immigrants were young people, under age 40.
Their religion was catholic or they were Jewish people.
Their expectations were to get religious, political, economic liberty. They were seeking opportunities.
In the 62 years of Ellis Island operation, all but 1% of immigrants were eventually admitted.

To conclude, today, hundreds of people still pass through Ellis Island each day but they are tourists. Indeed, Ellis Island closed in 1954, and it has become a museum, named the Ellis Island Museum of Immigration. There, people can learn more about the island, the immigration process and the history of immigration in the USA. The USA is a country formed by its immigration, from all the countries of the world, and Ellis Island represents this diversity.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 20-02-2019 21:48

Réponse : Notion/spaces and exchanges de vaiana, postée le 20-02-2019 à 18:51:01 (S | E)
Hello,
I can start trying to correct your work but it will need a proofreading (from a teacher of the site)!

I’m going to talk about the notion of spaces and exchanges. To begin with, I’d like to give a definition of this notion. Exchanges are made of people with trades and shared knowledge. Exchanges are different deals made by people in the world and particularly in specific spaces OR places where exchanges take place. Immigration is linked to spaces and exchanges at is in it implies motion of both legal and illegal people to different countries.
In relation to the notion, the subject of my presentation will be about the immigration to the Unites States of America.
We may answer the question how was the immigration in the 19th-20 centuries in the United States of America? /We may wonder what immigration in the USA was like in the 19th-20 centuries.
First of all, I will concentrate on the reasons for immigration, then I will analyze the place named Ellis Island.

First of all, a lot of people left their country of origin to go in the United States of America which appeared as a country where the immigrants could get a better life. However, it wasn’t easy for them to forget their own culture, to leave everything behind.
I chose an extract from a radio named « Voice of America » to illustrate this subject. We can hear two people can be heard, Léon Scully and Maurice Joyce. They speak/talk about the people who immigrated.
So, in the 1840’s, Irish people were starving, they couldn’t eat their fill because of a disease that ravaged the crops they had nothing left to eat after a disease that ravaged the crops. It was the Potato/ Great Famine.
In the 1850’s, British workers left their homeland because the USA offered higher pay. Indeed, the American factory owners needed skilled workers.
In eighteen seventy, as jobs were hard to find, English people were dying of hunger because of both the industrial and agricultural revolution.
In Poland, there was neither work nor money, that’s why Polish people wanted to emigrate, they dreamt of earning more money.
In the late nineteenth century, Jewish people from Southern and Eastern Europe moved to America because they were victims of violence.
Actually, there were many reasons which made people leave their countries in the 19th-20th centuries and the USA has emerged as the country where to go.

Réponse : Notion/spaces and exchanges de laure95, postée le 20-02-2019 à 19:05:44 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
- at is in it implies
- legal and illegal people to (to ?)different countries.
- I will analyze the place (à préciser), named Ellis Island.

- to go in t(pas la bonne préposition)he United States of America
-However, it wasn’t easy to forget their own culture, to leave everything behind (them).
- In Poland, there was no (neither pas no)work, nor money,
- the USA has emerged (preterit) as the country where to go.

- we’re going to see the place (mal dit), named Ellis Island.
- The (pas de the) Southern and Eastern Europeans struggled to be accepted,
- The videos, I saw, explain (faute de conjugaison)us
- The same years that (pas le bon mot) the Statue of Liberty was being built
- (article) Inspection was divided into two parts:
- the duration of the journey was lasted: mal construit et mal dit.
- Their religion was catholic: ça ne se dit pas, dire directement de quelle religion ils étaient.
- They were seeking opportunities: à préciser.
- but 1% of immigrants were (le sujet est 1%) eventually admitted.

Réponse : Notion/spaces and exchanges de jensen, postée le 20-02-2019 à 20:00:48 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup pour vos réponses Est-ce mieux ainsi ?

I’m going to talk about the notion of spaces and exchanges. To begin with, I’d like to give a definition of this notion. Exchanges are made of people with trades and shared knowledge. Exchanges are different deals made by people in the world and particularly in specific spaces or places, where exchanges take place. Immigration is linked to spaces and exchanges, it implies motion of both legal and illegal people from different countries.
In relation to the notion, the subject of my presentation will be about immigration to the Unites States of America.
We may wonder what immigration in the USA was like in the 19th-20 centuries ?
First of all, I will concentrate on the reasons immigration, then I will analyze the place that played an important role, named Ellis Island.

First of all, a lot of people left their country of origin to go to the United States of America which appeared as a country where the immigrants could get a better life. However, it wasn’t easy for them to forget their own culture, to leave everything behind them.
I chose an extract from a radio, named « Voice of America » to illustrate this subject. Two people can be heard, Léon Scully and Maurice Joyce. They talk about people who immigrated.
So, in the 1840’s, Irish people were starving, they couldn’t eat their fill because they had nothing left to eat after a disease that ravaged the crops. It was the Potato Famine.
In thousand eight hundred and seventy, as jobs were hard to find, English people were dying of hunger because of both the industrial and agricultural revolution.
In Poland, there was neither work, nor money, that’s why, Polish people wanted to emigrate, they dreamt of earning more money.
Actually, there were many reasons which made people leave their countries in the 19th-20th centuries and the USA emerged as the country where to go.

Secondly, we will see the place, named Ellis Island. From 1900 to 1917, 8 million European immigrants crossed the Atlantic Ocean, it was a chance for everyone to get a better life.
Southern and Eastern Europeans struggled to be accepted, they tried not to feel as outsiders, because of the American President, Woodrow Wilson, who wanted Americans to be just like him, a WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant).
From 1918 to 1924, another million immigrants arrived at Ellis Island, but the USA was closing the doors hence limiting the flood, the influx of immigrants, quotas and literacy tests were imposed.
The videos, I saw, explain (je ne vois pas la faute désolé, dois-je mettre au prétérit ?) us how it was to go to Ellis Island. Indeed, the speaker explains that immigration was a real industry especially for the shipping companies and for railroad companies.
After about 1895, contract laborers were no longer allowed to come to the USA. The same years as the Statue of Liberty was being built in New York harbor the USA entirely severed immigration with China excluding people because they felt they were unassimilable to the great melting pot of the USA but Ellis Island served a similar purpose after 1892.
The inspection was divided into two parts: a medical inspection and a variety of questions.
The immigrants were questioned on their political ideology, but also on their ability to get a job, their identity, their families and their friends.
The immigrants faced many people through inspections as doctors, immigration inspectors, translators and interpreters.
On the ship, the journey lasted from 1 week to 2 weeks, depending on where they left from.
On board, the conditions were despicable, there were cramped spaces underneath the deck, and people were sea sick, people were crying. There were small portholes to let the light and the air in.
The immigrants were young people, under age 40.
They were catholic or Jewish people.
Their expectations were to get religious, political, economic liberty. They were seeking opportunities for work.
In the 62 years of Ellis Island operation, all but 1% of immigrants was eventually admitted.

Réponse : Notion/spaces and exchanges de laure95, postée le 21-02-2019 à 10:06:03 (S | E)
Bonjour,
- it implies (article) motion of both legal and illegal people from different countries.
- the subject of my presentation will be about (article)immigration to the Unites (orthographe) States of America.
We may wonder what immigration in the USA was like in the 19th-20 centuries ? (enlever point d'interrogation)
- I will concentrate on the reasons (préposition)immigration,

- where the (enlever the) immigrants could get a better life.
- after a disease that (enlever that) ravaged the crops.
- the (enlever the) American factory owners needed skilled workers.
- In thousand eight hundred and seventy: ?
- In Poland, there was (pluriel)neither work, nor money,

- we will see the place, named Ellis Island: we will focus on Ellis Island.
- The videos, I saw, explain (je ne vois pas la faute désolé, dois-je mettre au prétérit ?): désolé, je n'avais pas vu que le mot videos était au pluriel) us how it was to go to Ellis Island.
- for the (pas de the) shipping companies and for railroad companies.
- The (pas de the) immigrants were questioned on
- The (pas de the)immigrants faced many people
- where they left from: where they came from ou the country they left.
- The (pas de the) immigrants were young people, under age 40.
- They were catholic or Jewish people (people n'est pas nécessaire).
-In (remplacer in par during) the 62 years of Ellis Island operation,

Réponse : Notion/spaces and exchanges de jensen, postée le 21-02-2019 à 13:23:52 (S | E)
Bonjour, merci beaucoup pour vos réponses

I’m going to talk about the notion of spaces and exchanges. To begin with, I’d like to give a definition of this notion. Exchanges are made of people with trades and shared knowledge. Exchanges are different deals made by people in the world and particularly in specific spaces or places, where exchanges take place. Immigration is linked to spaces and exchanges, it implies the motion of both legal and illegal people from different countries.
In relation to the notion, the subject of my presentation will be about the immigration to the United States of America.
We may wonder what immigration in the USA was like in the 19th-20 centuries.
First of all, I will concentrate on the reasons for immigration, then I will analyze the place that played an important role, named Ellis Island.

First of all, a lot of people left their country of origin to go to the United States of America which appeared as a country where immigrants could get a better life. However, it wasn’t easy for them to forget their own culture, to leave everything behind them.
I chose an extract from a radio, named « Voice of America » to illustrate this subject. Two people can be heard, Léon Scully and Maurice Joyce. They talk about people who immigrated.
So, in the 1840’s, Irish people were starving, they couldn’t eat their fill because of a disease ravaged the crops they had nothing left to eat. It was the Potato Famine.
In the 1850’s, British workers left their homeland because the USA offered higher pay. Indeed, American factory owners needed skilled workers.
In eighteen seventy, as jobs were hard to find, English people were dying of hunger because of both the industrial and agricultural revolution.
In Poland, there were neither work, nor money, that’s why, Polish people wanted to emigrate, they dreamt of earning more money.
Actually, there were many reasons which made people leave their countries in the 19th-20th centuries and the USA emerged as the country where to go.

Secondly, we will focus on Ellis Island. From 1900 to 1917, 8 million European immigrants crossed the Atlantic Ocean, it was a chance for everyone to get a better life.
Southern and Eastern Europeans struggled to be accepted, they tried not to feel as outsiders, because of the American President, Woodrow Wilson, who wanted Americans to be just like him, a WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant).
The videos, I saw, explain us how it was to go to Ellis Island. Indeed, the speaker explains that immigration was a real industry especially for shipping companies and for railroad companies.
After about 1895, contract laborers were no longer allowed to come to the USA. The same years as the Statue of Liberty was being built in New York harbor the USA entirely severed immigration with China excluding people because they felt they were unassimilable to the great melting pot of the USA but Ellis Island served a similar purpose after 1892.
The inspection was divided into two parts: a medical inspection and a variety of questions.
Immigrants were questioned on their political ideology, but also on their ability to get a job, their identity, their families and their friends.
Immigrants faced many people through inspections as doctors, immigration inspectors, translators and interpreters.
On the ship, the journey lasted from 1 week to 2 weeks, depending on where they came from.
Immigrants were young people, under age 40.
They were catholic or Jewish.
Their expectations were to get religious, political, economic liberty. They were seeking opportunities for work.
During the 62 years of Ellis Island operation, all but 1% of immigrants was eventually admitted.

To conclude, today, hundreds of people still pass through Ellis Island each day but they are tourists. Indeed, Ellis Island closed in 1954, and it has become a museum, named the Ellis Island Museum of Immigration. There, people can learn more about the island, the immigration process and the history of immigration in the USA. The USA is a country formed by its immigration, from all the countries of the world, and Ellis Island represents this diversity.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.