- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Geordie lad (correction) (1)

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

Geordie lad (correction)
Message de razorlight15 posté le 04-11-2008 à 07:55:14 (S | E | F)

bonjour,
je suis élève de 3ème et je dois répondre à des questions sur un texte. J' ai trouvé quelques réponses mais pas toutes. Merci d'avance.

Voici le texte:

A Geordie Lad

For a Geordie lad who used to help his dad with his milk round he's achieved more than he ever thought possible .But in spite of his phenomenal success as a musician and actor, he’s only just coming to terms with his childhood...

Sting recalls life with his parents. '' They were very smart. In another era they could have gone to university, done well. But when I’d see things on television as a kid-like people skiing, flying, the good life-I'd ask them about it and they'd say it was for posh people. We were the wrong class.

''Not that there's anything wrong with being working class. But there is something wrong with being poor. I’ve been poor and I never want to be poor again.

''I was given the means to escape, though-by education, having a talent and a desire to leave-and that sets up all kings of pressure within a family, knowing that someone wants to break out .

''It started for me when I passed the 11-plus, travelled into town to the posh grammar school, wore a uniform, left my friends behind''

He helped his father on his milk round...''Picking up the empties was my specialty,'' he remembers.’ I had big hands and could carry 10 at a time. We ran from house to house, just to get it done in five or six hours and be back for breakfast.''

But he was still looking for some recognition.’ Dad had a couple of older kids working with him, too, and I always felt that they were his favourites.I was just the son, had to fight for acceptance

''It was typical of his generation. You didn't show your feelings; you didn't even hug your children. I saw that and grew up thinking it was the proper way to behave.

''Now I’ve forced myself to go the other way with my kids and my friends. I hug them all now. I didn't use to show affection for my mother, but luckily, before she died learned how to. It’s such a simple idea, touching people.

''I wasn't aware of what was going on at the time, of course, but I’m sure my ambition was to get noticed by my father. I remember going home with the county junior 100-yard trophy you know,’ look what I’ve won!'-and he said, 'Yeah?' and looked out the window.''

When asked about his birthplace, Sting says:’ the truth is, I’m fiercely proud of coming from Newcastle. All the same, I still say it wasn't a great place to grow up .Basically, it’s a love-hate relationship I have.''

One of the questions he's asked most often is: '' Where’s the Geordie accent gone? ''

His answer is totally honest:’ I realized very young that the guy reading the news wasn't speaking Geordie .Access to power and success had to mean changing the way I spoke.''

Exercice I: Answer these questions in English.

1. Name 3 things which helped Sting escape:
Pas trouvé

2. How long did he work everyday with his father?
Pas trouvé

3. Did he help him before or after school? (justify)
He help him before school."We ran from house to house, just to get it done in five or six hours and be back for breakfast."

4. What accent did he use to have? How did he realize it?
He used to have the Geordies accent and he realized that his accent gone.

5. Why did he change it?
Access to power and success had to mean changing the way he spokes.

6. Show that Sting had a lot of ambition since his childhood.
His ambition was to get noticed by his father.

Je vous remercie d'avance.
Ps: Merci de me dire si mes réponses que j'ai trouvé sont bien corrects.

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 04-11-2008 07:55

-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 05-11-2008 08:12

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de chrislondon, postée le 02-11-2008 à 19:33:02 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
The answer to number 2 is in the title and is repeated several times in the text. Look for it again.
3.'Milkround' is not a job. What do you call the person who delivers the milk?
5.The problem with his family... think about the things his parents didn't do that he does with his own children.
I hope that this has helped you. Now you try to answer the questions.
Best wishes.

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de wysiwyg, postée le 02-11-2008 à 20:36:55 (S | E)
Question 2 : Geordies
3- He was a milkman. He delivered pints of milk from door to door.
5- They were poor and thought it was wrong to try and leave their social class.
7- He got and education and he got the means to escape his condition.

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de chrislondon, postée le 02-11-2008 à 20:43:14 (S | E)
Bonsoir, The problem with the family was also that they were not affectionate with their children. Sting has tried to be affectionate with his own children. I agree with the other answers.

-------------------
Modifié par chrislondon le 02-11-2008 20:44

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de intrepid34, postée le 04-11-2008 à 08:32:15 (S | E)
Good morning!

What a great subject - Sting is still one of my favourite rock artists!!

1. Name 3 things ............
You will find the answers in Line 6
2. How long did he work .......
You wil find the answer in Line 10
3. Did he help him............
Be Back before breakfast est la justification qu'il a aidé son père
avant d'aller à l'école
4. He used to have a Geordie accent (singulier) He realised it when
he heard the guy reading the news - he wasn't speaking Geordie.
5. He changed it because he wanted access to power and success. A Geordie
accent wasn't part of that world.
6. Yes, good answer. You can also say - He needed his father to reconise
his talents.

If you haven't heard any of Sting's music you can hear him on Youtube: Police
Good music!!

And good luck - let us know how you get on
Intrepid

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de razorlight15, postée le 04-11-2008 à 18:50:05 (S | E)

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de lucile83, postée le 04-11-2008 à 21:40:36 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Je viens de fusionner l'ancien et le nouveau topic.Je ne comprends pas la manie de certains à ouvrir un nouveau sujet au lieu de poster à la suite! reprenez l'ancien sujet sinon on ne peut pas suivre la correction ni la progression.
Cordialement.

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de razorlight15, postée le 02-11-2008 à 09:08:53 (S | E)
Bonjour, je suis élève de 3ème et j'ai des questions sur un texte, je voudrais que vous me les corrigiez j'ai beaucoup de mal avec la compréhension de texte, j'ai répondu aux questions comme j'ai pu.
Merci d'avance

Voici les questions: Voici mes réponses:

I) 1. Name Sting's hometown? Newcastle
2. What nickname do its inhabitants have? Pas trouvé
3. What was his father job? milk round
4. What social class were they? working class
5. What was the problem with his family? pas trouvé
6. What was the turning point in his life? he passed the 11-plus, travelled into town to the posh grammar school, wore a uniform, left his friends behind.
7. How old was he? 11 years old
8. What were the consequences for him? pas trouvé

-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 02-11-2008 09:12
titre

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 02-11-2008 13:23

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 05-11-2008 08:26

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 08-11-2008 07:25

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 08-11-2008 07:26

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de lucile83, postée le 04-11-2008 à 21:50:48 (S | E)
Bonjour,
J'ai retrouvé la version n° 3 !!! j'ai tout fusionné et les réponses se sont mélangées.C'est habituel lors de la fusion.
J'ai vu d'autres sujets que vous avez postés 2 fois au moins.Inutile de vous dire que je vais faire un peu de ménage.
Cordialement.

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de razorlight15, postée le 05-11-2008 à 08:04:46 (S | E)
Bonjour,j'ai des questions vrai ou faux sur un texte. J'ai répondu a quelques questions .

Exercice I: Right or wrong? Justify your answers from the text.

1. He was his father's favourite.
Wrong. Sting always felt that older kids were his favourites.

2. His father was very affectionate.
Wrong. He didn't show his feelings.

3. Sting doesn't have the same attitude as his father.
Right. He has forced himself to go the older way with his kids and his friends.

4. His mother is dead.
Right. Je n'ai pas trouvé de justification.

5. He never showed any affection for his mother.
Right. He didn't use to show affection for his mother.

6. He loved his father.
Right. Je n'ai pas trouvé de justification.

7. He was good at sports.
Right. He remember going home with the county junior.
8. He is proud of being a Geordie lad.
Je n'ai pas trouvé.

Merci d'avance et dîtes-moi si mes réponses trouvées sont corrects.

Razorlight15

-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 05-11-2008 08:15

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 05-11-2008 08:20

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 05-11-2008 08:27

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 08-11-2008 07:26

-------------------
Modifié par razorlight15 le 08-11-2008 07:27

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de intrepid34, postée le 05-11-2008 à 22:15:15 (S | E)
Good evening razorlight!

Ooooooh!
5 or 6 hours is the answer to question 2

Plus I see you have other questions to answer........

2. What nickname do its inhabitants have? Geordies
5. Problem with his family? They didn't express their feelings. Being intellingent/bright was only for posh people.
8. The conseqences for him were fame and fortune.

Bonne courage
Intrepid

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de intrepid34, postée le 05-11-2008 à 22:34:16 (S | E)
Hello again:

Answers - right or wrong! Phew - you could have written everything right from the start..!!*

3. The other way ( et non pas the older way) faute de frappe?
4. Right. He was able to show his affection before his mother died
(; Wrong. "I didn't use to show affection for my mother, but luckily, before she died I learned how to. jadis je ne montrais pas l'affection pour ma mère, mais heureusement avant quelle est morte, j'ai appris comment de la montrer (l'affection).
6. He loved his father. Bien, je ne sais pas. Il ne dit pas qu'il aimait son père. Il cherche son recognition, il dit qu'ils étaient très intelligents (dans un autre epoch) mais je ne trouve pas une phrase qu'il dit qu'il aime son père.
7. The County Junior 100-yard Trophy !! C'est un fait à 11 ans!!!
8. Eh pardi - il est fier - I am fiercely proud of coming from Newcastle.

Anything else???
Intrepid

Réponse: Geordie lad (correction) de jimboparis, postée le 06-11-2008 à 15:35:20 (S | E)
I'm an Englishman in New York

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.