- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

A young black man in America

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

A young black man in America
Message de popo2000 posté le 02-05-2010 à 15:26:16 (S | E | F)

Bonjour à tous,

En cours, nous avons travaillé sur un extrait du livre Makes me wanna holler : a young black man in America par Nathan McCall. J'ai dû écrire un dialogue avec pour sujet : "être honnête ou pas, quel est le mieux" à partir de cet extrait.
J'aurais aimé avoir une correction.

Merci d'avance.

- Hey, I want to talk with you about something I read in a book yesterday.
- Which book ?
- Makes me wanna holler : a young black man in America by Nathan McCall. It’s the author's autobiography. He talks about his life. That captures the pain, anger, and determination of a black journalist writing today for the Washington Post.
- There is a passage which you preferred ?
- Yes. An excerpt has made me a deep impression. The narrator talks about the difficulty in finding a job since he had served time in jail. He takes a job interview to being a newspaper reporter. He was compelled to remember his past. He had the good profile to have the job, but the news edition refused him the post. The author wanted to ask one question : to be honest or not to be, what is the best ?
- I think telling the truth is better. It’s just a question of trust. It’s necessary in relationships and in business acquaintances. When you don’t say the truth to your employer, it’s could have serious repercussions.
- I understand your point of view. But look ! The man had the qualifications for the job, he’s gifted. And because he had been to prison, they aren’t interested anymore.
- It’s understandable. They were scare of him. He could be violent and he could do it again.
- Everybody can change. Everybody has the right to have a second chance.
- You have to take responsability for your actions.
- But then, that pose a probleme : equality and prejudices.
- You’re right. But when he lies, sooner or later, he could be trapped. When the chef heard that, the consequences could be more serious than at the beginning. They are positive and negative aspect in both cases. I think the question is more complicated.
- And you, what did you do yesterday ?

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 02-05-2010 15:52

Réponse: A young black man in America de robertbrou, postée le 03-05-2010 à 13:31:19 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Bon travail en général. Voici mes suggestions.

- Hey, I want to talk with you about something I read in a book yesterday.
- Which book ?
- Makes me wanna holler : a young black man in America by Nathan McCall. It’s the author's autobiography. He talks about his life.which captures the pain, anger, and determination of a black journalist writing today for the Washington Post.
- There is (placement) a passage which you preferred ?
- Yes. An excerpt has made me a deep impression. (leave an impression) The narrator talks about the difficulty in finding a job since he had served time in jail. He takes a job interview to being a newspaper reporter. He was compelled to remember his past. He had the good profile (les qualifications?) to have (utiliser autre verbe; aux US on obtient un job) the job, but the news edition (=parution/pagination/variation selon le cas) refused him the post. The author wanted to ask one question : to be honest or not to be, what is the best ?
- I think telling the truth is better. It’s just a question of trust. It’s necessary in relationships and in business acquaintances. When you don’t say (utiliser synonyme; double cliquer sur truth) the truth to your employer, it’s could have serious repercussions.
- I understand your point of view. But look ! The man had the qualifications for the job, he’s gifted. And because he had been to prison, they aren’t interested anymore.
- It’s understandable. They were scare (temps) of him. He could be violent and he could do it again.
- Everybody can change. Everybody has the right to have a second chance.
- You have to take responsability for your actions.
- But then, that pose (temps) a probleme : equality and prejudices.
- You’re right. But when he lies, sooner or later, he could be trapped. When the chef (=chef cuisinier en GB) heard that, the consequences could be (temps) more serious than at the beginning. They are positive and negative aspects in both cases. I think the question is more complicated.
- And you, what did you do yesterday ?

Hope this helps!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.