- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Mini book report

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Mini book report
Message de dreaming-today posté le 24-05-2011 à 21:47:39 (S | E | F)
Bonsoir,

j'ai écrit un mini book report à propos d'un livre et j'aimerais savoir si vous avez quelques conseils à me donner, des phrases à reformuler et des erreurs à corriger s'il vous plaît.
Merci d'avance.

The last book I read, is called “I am the messenger” written by an Australian novelist Markus Zusak. I borrowed it to a friend of mine who is in an international section and told me she studied that book in class and this is one of the books she enjoyed the most. However, she warmed me that I could be surprising or disappointing about the end. Actually, not.

PLOT SUMMARY
The story begins when Ed Kennedy, a cab-driver who hasn't done much things in his life, goes to the bank with friends and a robbery takes place. It's a beginning “in medias res”. So, he accidentally stops the robber: he prevents him from escaping.

Soon after that, he receives a playing card in his mail. This is the ace of diamonds with three addresses and times. First, he decides to ignore it but he quickly changes his mind, and goes to the first address and time given. There, he discovers an alcoholic man who rapes his wife every nights. At the second one, he meets a old lady desperately waiting for her husband died years ago and at the last one he finds a young teenage girl who lacks of confidence and needs help. They all need help. So he has to give them a hand, one by one lead by the strange and invisible character who send the card. When he finishes a mission, he gets a new one on the next ace until the Joker.

AUTHOR
The author Markus Zusak is a famous Australian novelist for children, known for his best seller “The book thief”.
I read somewhere that he came to write “I am the messenger” while he was sitting in a park in front of a bank and saw a fifteen-minute park zone and thought “What if you were in the bank while your car is parked there and a robbery takes place in the bank? What would you do?” And he started to write that amazing beginning.

THEMES
Through the reading, the author tries to raise different questions depending on the acts of the main character. Certainly, one of the most important question would be “What is you were him, Ed Kennedy? What would you do if you decided to care about others lives?”. Make difficult choices, and thinking of what people need to get better is the most important worry of Ed.

CONCLUSION
I thought this book was very interesting and surprising. I always wanted to know what had arrived to Ed because the suspense is very well-led.
It is a first person narrative and the main character often says what he thinks and sometimes even talks to us. There is an extract which especially marked me. It's when he has an extremely difficult decision to make and he is furious and starts to say “What would you do if you were me? The story is just another few hundred pages of your mind. For me, it's here.”
About, I didn't find it disappointing as much, though I was a little bit intrigued.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-05-2011 21:51

Réponse: Mini book report de notrepere, postée le 24-05-2011 à 23:26:23 (S | E)

Hello

The last book I read, is called “I am the messenger” written by an Australian novelist Markus Zusak. I borrowed it to [mauvaise préposition] a friend of mine who is in an international section [je ne comprends pas] and she told me she studied this book in class and this is one of the books she enjoyed the most. However, she warmed me that I could be surprising or disappointing [participe passé après be ou on peut dire 'I might find the ending ... [gérondif] or [gérondif] about the end. Actually, I didn't.

PLOT SUMMARY
The story begins when Ed Kennedy, a cab-driver who hasn't done much things in many things with his life, goes to the bank with friends during which a robbery takes place. It's a beginning “in medias res” ((why Latin?). So, he accidentally stops the robber: he prevents him from escaping.

Soon after that, he receives a playing card in his mail. It is the ace of diamonds with three addresses and times. First, he decides to ignore it but he quickly changes his mind and goes to the first address and time given. There, he discovers an alcoholic man who rapes his wife every nights. At the second one, he meets an old lady desperately waiting for her husband who died years ago and at the last one he finds a young teenage girl who lacks of confidence and needs help. They all need help. So he has to give them a hand, one by one, lead [participe passé] by the strange and invisible character who send [participe passé] the card. When he finishes a mission, he gets a new one on the next ace until the Joker [ce n'est pas clair].

AUTHOR
The author, Markus Zusak, is a famous Australian novelist for children [children's novelist], known for his best-seller “The book thief”. I read somewhere that he came to write “I am the messenger” while he was sitting in a park in front of a bank and saw a fifteen-minute park zone and thought “What if you were in the bank while your car is parked there and a robbery takes place in the bank? What would you do?” And he started to write that amazing beginning.

THEMES
Throughout the reading story, the author tries to raise different questions depending on the acts of the main character. Certainly, one of the most important questions would be “What is you were him, Ed Kennedy? What would you do if you decided to care about others lives ['the lives of others' est mieux]?”. Make [forme +ing] difficult choices, and thinking of what people need to get better [mal dit] is the most important worry of Ed [Ed's most important concern].

CONCLUSION
I thought this book was very interesting and surprising. I always wanted to know what had arrived to Ed because the suspense is very well-led. [mal dit]
It is a first person narrative and the main character often says what he thinks and sometimes even talks to us. There is an extract which especially marked [pas le bon verbe] me. It's when he has an extremely difficult decision to make and he is furious and starts to say “What would you do if you were me? The story is just another few hundred pages of your mind. For me, it's here.”
About, I didn't find it disappointing as much, though I was a little bit intrigued. [cette phrase n'a pas de sens]

Cordialement

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.