- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Examen/Right to die

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Examen/Right to die
Message de joseph01 posté le 27-12-2011 à 23:59:56 (S | E | F)
Bonjour

Quelqu'un aurait-il du temps s'il vous plaît pour corriger ma prépa? ça me serait d'une très grande aide.
Je préviens, c'est quand même long ...
Merci pour vos réponses.

Teenage girl wins right to die

A terminally-ill girl has won the right to die after a hospital ended its bid to force her to have a heart operation.
Une fille en phase terminale a gagné le droit de mourir après qu’un hôpital est voulu la forcer à avoir une opération du cœur.

Herefordshire Primary Care Trust dropped a High Court case after a child protection officer said Hannah Jones was adamant she did not want surgery.

HPCT avait laissé tomber après que l’officier de la protection de l’enfance envoyé par l’Haute Court avait dit qu’Hannah Jones était inflexible dans sa décision de ne pas avoir d’opération ?

Hannah, 13, of Marden, near Hereford, has refused a heart transplant because it might not work and, if it did, would be followed by constant medication.
Hannah 13 de Marden, près de Hereford, avait refusé une transplantation du cœur parce qu’elle ne pourrait pas travailler, et si elle l’a fait, elle serait suivie en constante médication.

The girl, who has a hole in her heart, says she wants to die with dignity.

La fille qui a un trou dans son Coeur, dit qu’elle veut mourir avec dignité.

Hannah was interviewed by the child protection officer after the trust applied for a court order in February to force the transplant.
Hannah avait été interviewée par un officier de la protection de l’enfance après que la trust avait demandé au tribunal en février pour forcer la transplantation.

She said she wanted to stop treatment and spend the rest of her life at home.

Elle disait qu’elle voulait arrêter les traitements et passer le de sa vie à la maison

The BBC’s Jane Deth who has followed Hannah’s legal battle, said: “Hannah managed to convince the officer that this was a decision she had made on her own and she had thought about it over a long period of time, and eventually the court proceeding was dropped.”
Jane Deth de la BBC qui a suivi la bataille juridique d'Hannah, a dit : "Hannah a réussi à convaincre l'officier que ceci était une décision qu'elle avait faite toute seule et elle y avait réfléchie longuement et finalement la procédure judiciaire a été abandonné"

Parent “proud”
Des parents “fiers”

Our reporter said that the girl’s parents supported her decision and were “very proud of her”
Notre journalitste avait dit que les parents de la fille supportaient sa décision et était “très fiers d’elle”.

“She didn’t take the decision lightly, and she had chosen that she wanted to live and die in dignity at home whit her parents.”

“Elle n’avait pas prise la décision à la légère, et elle avait choisi qu’elle voulait vivre et mourir dans la dignité à la maison avec ses parents.”

The Daily Telegraph quoted Hannah’s father Andrew, 43, as saying: “It is outrageous that the people from the hospital could presume we didn’t have our daughter’s best interests at heart.
Le Daily Telegraph a cité le père d'Hannah Andrew, 43, qui a dit que : "il est scandaleux que les gens de
l'hôpital pourraient présumer que nous n'avions pas les meilleurs intérêts pour notre fille."

“Hannah had been through enough already and to have the added stress of a possible court hearing or being forcibly taken into hospital is disgraceful.”

J’aurais besoin d’aide pour cette phrase, je galère …

Hannah previously suffered from leukemia and her heart has been weakened by drugs she was required to take from the age of five.
Hannah avait précédemment souffert d’une leucémie et son cœur avait été affaibli par des médicaments qu’elle
devait prendre dès l’âge de 5 ans.

Have you been affected by issues raised in this story?
Avez-vous été touchés par les questions soulevées dans cette histoire?

Donc maintenant j’ai une préparation à faire sur le texte, je réponds à la dernière question et donne en plus un avis personnel sur le texte.
I’m affecting by this story because I dont like it, when there are people who want to force one person to have a surgery. All people should be able to choose how they will die.
I can understand the hospital’s decision who want absolutely to try to save Hannah but the final decision must be the right of the patient.

Maintenant je dois résumer le texte
Hannah a terminally-ill has a problem in her heart, she refused a heart transplant because she didn’t want to follow a constant medication. She wanted to die in dignity at home whit her parents but the hospital refused her decision and wanted to force Hannah to have a heart operation. Finally she won the right to die after seeing an officer of the Child Protection who said she did not take his decision lightly. The parents of Hannah were very proud of Hannah and were outrageous when people from hospital could presume they didn’t have their daughter’s best interest at heart.

-------------------
Modifié par joseph01 le 28-12-2011 00:58

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-12-2011 09:02
+ Mise en forme

Réponse: Examen/Right to die de sherry48, postée le 28-12-2011 à 13:32:04 (S | E)
Hello joseph01.

I don't think you have many errors. Because of the length, and the fact that I have only a little time this morning, I'm starting with your summary and response to the text.
wrong form - spelling - * word missing

I’m affecting by this story because I dont like it, when (there are) people (who want to) force one (use one only when you want to emphasize that there is only one person, not two...an article is preferred) person to have a surgery. All people should be able to choose how they will die.
I can understand the hospital’s decision (who want absolutely) to try to save Hannah but the final decision must be the right of the patient.

Maintenant je dois résumer le texte (Consider if the simple past is the best tense for the highlighted verbs below).
Hannah a terminally-ill * has a problem in her heart, she refused a heart transplant because she didn’t want to follow a constant medication. (This sentence is too long and the wording could be better). She wanted to die in dignity at home whit her parents but the hospital refused her decision and wanted to force Hannah to have a heart operation. Finally she won the right to die after seeing an officer of the Child Protection (I would use an adjective form here) who said she did not take his decision lightly. The parents of Hannah (possessive would sound more natural)were very proud of Hannah (pronoun?) and were outrageous when people from * hospital could presume they didn’t have their daughter’s best interest at heart.

Now, for the text, one or two thoughts...Parent “proud” (what's wrong with this?)

“Hannah had been through enough already and to have the added stress of a possible court hearing or being forcibly taken into hospital is disgraceful.” This could be reworded to say...Hannah has suffered so much up to this point, it's a shame she has to worry that the courts might force her to submit to hospital treatment.

I hope this is helpful.
Cordialement.
Sherry

Réponse: Examen/Right to die de joseph01, postée le 14-01-2012 à 03:24:11 (S | E)
Thanks you very much four you answers, Sherry!

I’m affected by this story because I hate, when people force one person to have a surgery. All people should be able to choose how they will die.
I can understand the hospital’s decision to try to save Hannah but the final decision must be the right of the patient.

Maintenant je dois résumer le texte (Consider if the simple past is the best tense for the highlighted verbs below).
Hannah has a problem in her heart, she refused a heart transplant because she didn’t want to follow a constant medication. (This sentence is too long and the wording could be better). She wanted to die in dignity at home whit her parents but the hospital refused her decision and wanted to force Hannah to have a heart operation. Finally she won the right to die after seeing an officer of the Child Protection (I would use an adjective form here) who said she did not take his decision lightly. The parents of Hannah (possessive would sound more natural)were very proud of her and were shocked when people from the hospital could presume they didn’t have their daughter’s best interest at heart.

I have a question, should I use the past-perfect for verbs ?
thank you in advance

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.