- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Débat/ US legal system

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Débat/ US legal system
Message de dingdong56 posté le 16-12-2012 à 15:25:02 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,

Je sollicite votre aide pour apporter des éventuelles corrections sur mon oral d'anglais. En effet, j'ai un débat sur les différences et similitudes entre le système juridique américain et français (je suis en L3 Droit). J'ai donc préparé des arguments, des interventions, et mon rôle. Cependant, j'ai quelques interrogations sur quelques unes d'entre elles. En effet, si le sujet est très intéressant, le vocabulaire et expressions juridiques sont complexes à traduire. J'ai donc axé mes recherches sur des sites américains directement. Pouvez-vous corriger (et m'expliquer) mes fautes pour les phrases suivantes:

"I’m Kevin Clegg, I’m a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, and since 2009 I work as a civil rights attorney in Chicago, but I worked in France before. That's why I know all the differences and similarities between the two legal systems"

"In France, everything is hidden about justice. In USA, we think that it’s very important that the public can make his own opinion. I remind you that the district attorney is elected in USA, that’s why the public must be able to know, and follow the different cases for which there will be a trial. I don’t understand why French law prohibits the images of a person handcuffed until this person has been convicted. In US, the perp walk is traditional, it’s the practice of taking an arrested suspect through a public place at some point after the arrest, creating an opportunity for the media to take photographs and video of the event"

"In fact, the main difference between the two systems, French and American, is that in USA, we don’t have a prosecutor or equivalent, like in France. Indeed, we have a district attorney who is elected every four years, in order to represent represents the government in the prosecution of the suspect, and to gather evidences against him. Finally, he decides whether or not a case will go to trial"

"In USA, Civil system and Criminal system are totally different and independent. Indeed, a criminal case is brought by the federal government or a state to prosecute a defendant for violations of the government's criminal laws. Whereas, a civil case is brought by one party (the "plaintiff") against another party (the "defendant") to resolve a legal dispute involving rights based on statutory law or common law. So it’s totally different. That’s why, for instance, a person can be find not guilty during a criminal trial, but then, for the same case, the civil judges can award damages at the victim.".

Merci d'avance.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-12-2012 17:30

Réponse: Débat/ US legal system de notrepere, postée le 16-12-2012 à 18:16:25 (S | E)
Hello

"I’m Kevin Clegg, I’m a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, and since 2009 I work (le mot 'since' demande un autre temps) as a civil rights attorney in Chicago, but I worked in France before. That's why I know all the differences and similarities (ordre) between the two legal systems"

"In France, everything is hidden about justice.(Je ne comprends pas) In the USA, we think that it’s very important that the public can make his own opinion. I remind you that the district attorney is elected in the USA, that’s why the public must be able to know, and follow the different cases for which there will be a trial. I don’t understand why French law prohibits the images (don't you mean the display of the images?) of a person handcuffed (ordre) until this person has been convicted. In the US, the 'perp walk' is traditional, it’s the practice of taking an arrested suspect through a public place at some point after the arrest, creating an opportunity for the media to take photographs and video of the event"

"In fact, the main difference between the two systems, French and American, is that in USA, we don’t have a prosecutor or equivalent, like in France. Indeed, we have a district attorney who is elected every four years, in order to represent represents the government in the prosecution of the suspect, and to gather evidences against him. Finally, he decides whether or not a case will go to trial"

"In USA, the Civil system and Criminal system are totally different and independent. Indeed, a criminal case is brought by the Federal government or a state to prosecute a defendant for violations of the government's criminal laws. Whereas, a civil case is brought by one party (the "plaintiff") against another party (the "defendant") to resolve a legal dispute involving rights based on statutory law or common law. So it’s totally different. That’s why, for instance, a person can be find not guilty during a criminal trial, but then, for the same case, the civil judges can award damages to the victim.".

Réponse: Débat/ US legal system de dingdong56, postée le 16-12-2012 à 19:01:31 (S | E)
Merci de votre réponse ! Je ne comprends pas vos remarques s'agissant de la phrase soulignée en bleu. J'ai corrigé en rouge, et expliqué en vert.

"I’m Kevin Clegg, I’m a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, and since 2009 I have been working as a civil rights attorney in Chicago, but I worked in France before. That's why I know all the similarities and differences between the two legal systems"

"In France, everything is hidden about justice.(C'est pour dire que tout est caché en France, rien n'est dévoilé au public et on dissimule beaucoup de choses pendant les procès) In the USA, we think that it’s very important that the public can make his own opinion. I remind you that the district attorney is elected in the USA, that’s why the public must be able to know, and follow the different cases for which there will be a trial. I don’t understand why French law prohibits the images (je veux dire que la loi francaise (loi Guigou) interdit la diffusion de telles images) of a handcuffed person until this person has been convicted. In the US, the 'perp walk' is traditional, it’s the practice of taking an arrested suspect through a public place at some point after the arrest, creating an opportunity for the media to take photographs and video of the event"

"In fact, the main difference between the two systems, French and American, is that in the USA, we don’t have a prosecutor or equivalent, like in France. Indeed, we have a district attorney who is elected every four years, in order to represent represents the government in the prosecution of the suspect, and to gather evidences against him. Finally, he decides whether or not a case will go to trial"

"In the USA, the Civil system and Criminal system are totally different and independent. Indeed, a criminal case is brought by the Federal government or a state to prosecute a defendant for violations of the government's criminal laws. Whereas, a civil case is brought by one party (the "plaintiff") against another party (the "defendant") to resolve a legal dispute involving rights based on statutory law or common law. So it’s totally different. That’s why, for instance, a person can be find not guilty during a criminal trial, but then, for the same case, the civil judges can award damages to the victim.".

-------------------
Modifié par dingdong56 le 16-12-2012 19:01

Réponse: Débat/ US legal system de notrepere, postée le 17-12-2012 à 04:23:00 (S | E)
Hello

"In France, everything about the criminal justice system is hidden. In the USA, we think that it’s very important that the public form (subjunctive) its own opinion. I remind you that the District Attorney is elected in the USA is elected. That’s why the public must be able to know, and follow the different cases for which there will be a trial. I don’t understand why French law prohibits the public from viewing images of a handcuffed person until this person has been convicted. In the US, the 'perp walk' is traditional, it’s the practice of taking an arrested a suspect through a public place at some point after the arrest, creating an opportunity for the media to take photographs and video of the event"

"In fact, the main difference between the two systems, French and American, is that in the USA, we don’t have a prosecutor or equivalent, like in France. Indeed, we have a district attorney who is elected every four years, in order to represent represents the government in the prosecution of the suspect, and to gather evidences(no 's') against him. Finally, he decides whether or not a case will go to trial"

"In the USA, the Civil system and Criminal system are totally different and independent. Indeed, a criminal case is brought by the Federal government or a state to prosecute a defendant for violations of the government's criminal laws. Whereas, a civil case is brought by one party (the "plaintiff") against another party (the "defendant") to resolve a legal dispute involving rights based on statutory law or common law. So it’s totally different. That’s why, for instance, a person can be found not guilty during a criminal trial, but then, for the same case, the civil judges can award damages to the victim."

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.