- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Phrases /vérification

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Phrases /vérification
Message de bernard02 posté le 12-04-2013 à 21:46:36 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

pouvez-vous me dire, s'il vous plaît, si mes exercices suivants sont corrects ou s'il y a des modifications ou des améliorations à apporter?
Cordialement et merci d'avance.

Exercises for Monday, 15th April 2013.

A Complete the sentences using enough with one of the following adjectives or nouns:

adjectives: big old warm well
nouns: cups milk money qualifications room time

Example: 1 She shouldn't get married yet. She's not.......old enough. ....

2 I'd like to buy a car but I haven't got .....................
My answer: I'd like to buy a car but I haven't got enough money.

3 Have you got ...............in your tea or would you like some more?
My answer: Have you got enough milk in your tea or would you like some more?

4 Are you .............. ? Or shall I switch on the heating?
My answer: Are you warm enough? Or shall I switch on the heating?

5 It's only a small car. There isn't .............. for all of you.
My answer: It's only a small car. There isn't enough room for all of you.

6 Steve didn't feel ........... to go to work this morning.
My answer: Steve didn't feel well enough to go to work this morning.

7 I didn't answer all the questions in the exam. I didn't have ..............
My answer: I didn't answer all the questions in the exam. I didn't have enough time.

8 Do you think I've got ................. to apply for the job.
My answer: Do you think I've got enough qualifications to apply for the job.

9 Try this jacket on and see if it's .............. for you.
My answer: Try this jacket on and see if it's big enough for you.

10 There weren't .................... for everybody to have coffee at the same time.
My answer: There weren't .enough cups for everybody to have coffee at the same time.

B. Complete the answers to the questions. Use too or enough with the word in brackets.

Example: 1 '”s she going to get married?” -> (old) “No, she's not ..... old enough to get married.”

2 “I need to talk to you about something” -> (busy) “Well, I'm afraid I'm ...............”.
My answer: “Well, I'm afraid I'm too busy to talk to you.”.

3 “Let's go to the cinema.” -> (late) “No, it's ...............”.
My answer: “No, it's too late to go there.”.

4 “Why don't we sit in the garden?” -> (warm) “It's not ............”.
My answer: “It's not warm enough to sit there.”.

5 “Would you like to be a politician?” -> (nice) “No, I'm ..........”.
My answer: “No, I'm too nice to be a politician.”.

6 “Do you want to play tennis today?” -> (energy) “No, I haven't got ............ tennis today.”.
My answer: “No, I haven't got enough energy to play tennis today.”.

7 “Did you hear what he was saying?” -> (far away) “No, we were .............. what he was saying.”.
My answer: “No, we were too far away what he was saying.”.

8 “Can he read a newspaper in English?” -> (English) “No, he doesn't know ........... a newspaper.”.
My answer: “No, he doesn't know enough English to read a newspaper.”.

C. Make one sentence from two. Complete the new sentences using too or enough.

Example: 1 We couldn't eat the food. It was too hot. .... The food was too hot to eat.

2 I can't drink this coffee. It's too hot. -> This coffee is ...............
My answer: This coffee is too hot to drink.

3 Nobody could move the piano. It was too heavy. -> The piano ......................
My answer: The piano was too heavy to be moved by anybody.

4 I don't wear this coat in winter. It isn't warm enough. -> This coat .................
My answer: This coat isn't warm enough to be worn in winter.

5 I can't explain the situation. It is too complicated. -> The situation ...............
My answer: The situation is too complicated to be explained.

6 Three people can't sit on this sofa. It isn't wide enough. -> This sofa ..............
My answer: This sofa isn't wide enough for three people to sit on.

7 We couldn't climb over the wall. It was too high. -> The wall ................
My answer: The wall was too high to be climbed over.

8 You can't see some things without a microscope. They are too small. -> Some .............................
My answer: Some things are too small to be seen without a microscope.

-------------------
Modifié par bernard02 le 14-04-2013 13:19

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de bernard02, postée le 15-04-2013 à 00:19:27 (S | E)
Bonjour,

je n'ai reçu aucune réponse ! Puis-je en déduire que tout est correct ?

de me le confirmer.

Cordialement.

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de notrepere, postée le 15-04-2013 à 05:29:00 (S | E)
Hello

B7 manque un verbe

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de bernard02, postée le 15-04-2013 à 13:04:33 (S | E)
Hello,

nouvelle réponse de la B7: “No, we were too far away to hear what he was saying.”.
Est-ce que toutes les phrases sont correctes maintenant?
Cordialement.

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de lucile83, postée le 15-04-2013 à 13:33:01 (S | E)
Hello

A10 There weren't .................... for everybody to have coffee at the same time.
My answer: There weren't .enough cups for everybody to have coffee at the same time.
un point en trop avant enough (je chipote oui je sais )

B7 ..ok now
Le reste est bon aussi.
np dort en ce moment, je réponds à sa place

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de bernard02, postée le 15-04-2013 à 15:17:02 (S | E)

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de bernard02, postée le 16-04-2013 à 02:15:15 (S | E)
Bonjour,

tous ces exercices ont été rendus et corrigés hier soir, je vous donne les résultats ci-dessous (nombreuses fautes dans la partie C).
Cordialement.

Exercises for Monday, 15th April 2013.

A. Complete the sentences using enough with one of the following adjectives or nouns:
adjectives: big old warm well
nouns: cups milk money qualifications room time

Example: 1 She shouldn't get married yet. She's not.......old enough. ....

2 I'd like to buy a car but I haven't got .....................
My answer: I'd like to buy a car but I haven't got enough money.
3 Have you got ...............in your tea or would you like some more?
My answer: Have you got enough milk in your tea or would you like some more?
4 Are you .............. ? Or shall I switch on the heating?
My answer: Are you warm enough? Or shall I switch on the heating?
5 It's only a small car. There isn't .............. for all of you.
My answer: It's only a small car. There isn't enough room for all of you.
6 Steve didn't feel ........... to go to work this morning.
My answer: Steve didn't feel well enough to go to work this morning.
7 I didn't answer all the questions in the exam. I didn't have ..............
My answer: I didn't answer all the questions in the exam. I didn't have enough time.
8 Do you think I've got ................. to apply for the job.
My answer: Do you think I've got enough qualifications to apply for the job.
9 Try this jacket on and see if it's .............. for you.
My answer: Try this jacket on and see if it's big enough for you.
10 There weren't .................... for everybody to have coffee at the same time.
My answer: There weren't enough cups for everybody to have coffee at the same time.

Correction course A: OK.

B. Complete the answers to the questions. Use too or enough with the word in brackets.

Example: 1 '”s she going to get married?” -> (old) “No, she's not ..... old enough to get married.”

2 “I need to talk to you about something” -> (busy) “Well, I'm afraid I'm ..............to you now.”.
My answer: “I need to talk to you about something” -> (busy) “Well, I'm afraid I'm too busy to talk to you.”.
Correction course: “I need to talk to you about something” -> (busy) “Well, I'm afraid I'm too busy to talk to you now.”.
3 “Let's go to the cinema.” -> (late) “No, it's .............to the cinema.”.
My answer: “Let's go to the cinema.” -> (late) “No, it's too late to go there.”.
Correction course: “Let's go to the cinema.” -> (late) “No, it's too late to go to the cinema.”.
4 “Why don't we sit in the garden?” -> (warm) “It's not ............in the garden.”.
My answer: “Why don't we sit in the garden?” -> (warm) “It's not warm enough to sit there.”.
Correction course: “Why don't we sit in the garden?” -> (warm) “It's not not warm enough to sit in the garden.”.
5 “Would you like to be a politician?” -> (nice) “No, I'm ..............a politician.”.
My answer: “Would you like to be a politician?” -> (nice) “No, I'm too nice to be a politician.”.
Correction course: OK.
6 “Do you want to play tennis today?” -> (energy) “No, I haven't got ............ tennis today.”.
My answer: “Do you want to play tennis today?” -> (energy) “No, I haven't got enough energy to play tennis today.”.
7 “Did you hear what he was saying?” -> (far away) “No, we were .............. what he was saying.”.
My answer: “Did you hear what he was saying?” -> (far away) “No, we were too far away to hear what he was saying.”.
8 “Can he read a newspaper in English?” -> (English) “No, he doesn't know ........... a newspaper.”.
My answer: “Can he read a newspaper in English?” -> (English) “No, he doesn't know enough English to read a newspaper.”.

C. Make one sentence from two. Complete the new sentences using too or enough.

Example: 1 We couldn't eat the food. It was too hot. .... The food was too hot to eat.

2 I can't drink this coffee. It's too hot. -> This coffee is ...............
My answer: I can't drink this coffee. It's too hot. -> This coffee is .too hot to drink.
3 Nobody could move the piano. It was too heavy. -> The piano ......................
My answer: Nobody could move the piano. It was too heavy. -> The piano was too heavy to be moved by anybody.
Correction course: Nobody could move the piano. It was too heavy. -> The piano was too heavy to move.
4 I don't wear this coat in winter. It isn't warm enough. -> This coat .................
My answer: I don't wear this coat in winter. It isn't warm enough. -> This coat isn't warm enough to be worn in winter.
Correction course: I don't wear this coat in winter. It isn't warm enough. -> This coat isn't warm enough to wear in winter.
5 I can't explain the situation. It is too complicated. -> The situation ...............
My answer: I can't explain the situation. It is too complicated. -> The situation is too complicated to be explained.
Correction course: I can't explain the situation. It is too complicated. -> The situation is too complicated to explain.
6 Three people can't sit on this sofa. It isn't wide enough. -> This sofa ..............
My answer: Three people can't sit on this sofa. It isn't wide enough. -> This sofa isn't wide enough for three people to sit on.
7 We couldn't climb over the wall. It was too high. -> The wall ................
My answer: We couldn't climb over the wall. It was too high. -> The wall was too high to be climbed over.
Correction course: We couldn't climb over the wall. It was too high. -> The wall was too high to climb (over).
8 You can't see some things without a microscope. They are too small. -> Some .............................
My answer: You can't see some things without a microscope. They are too small. -> Some things are too small to be seen without a microscope.
Correction course: You can't see some things without a microscope. They are too small. -> Some things are too small to see without a microscope.

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de notrepere, postée le 16-04-2013 à 07:11:43 (S | E)
Bonjour

Et pourquoi une voix passive ne convient pas ? Tant pis !

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de lucile83, postée le 16-04-2013 à 08:11:33 (S | E)
Hello dear np

That's because bernard's teacher doesn't like us
and B3 + B4 were right too.
Too bad!

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de bernard02, postée le 16-04-2013 à 17:30:22 (S | E)
Bonjour,

"Et pourquoi une voix passive ne convient pas ?".

Je lui ai demandé, elle m'a répondu que les anglophones n'utilisent pas la forme passive pour répondre à ces questions, mais l'infinitif à la forme active.

J'ai même insisté en lui demandant si c'était quand même grammaticalement correct (me méfiant des variantes fréquentes mais acceptables), j'ai obtenu une réponse négative.

Cordialement.

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de willy, postée le 16-04-2013 à 20:06:01 (S | E)
Hello!

Avec "too" et "enough", une structure avec "for + complément + infinitif actif" (la personne citée après "for" est active) est souvent utilisée, sauf que dans cet exercice, cette solution n'est pas proposée ; sans doute est-elle sous-entendue.

Ce qui donne, pour la première phrase qui sert d'exemple :

The food was too hot for us to eat.

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de notrepere, postée le 16-04-2013 à 20:07:16 (S | E)
Bonjour Bernard

Oui, personne n'a bien suivi le modèle de cette partie de l'exercice. Je suppose que j'ai lu le test trop rapidement.

The only thing left to say is:

The test was read too rapidly to be corrected.

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de bernard02, postée le 16-04-2013 à 23:46:59 (S | E)
Bonjour,

"The food was too hot for us to eat.".

Peut-on en déduire que l'exemple donné (et à suivre) "The food was too hot to eat." est erroné?

Cordialement.

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de sherry48, postée le 17-04-2013 à 01:01:35 (S | E)
Hello.
I wouldn't say it was wrong, but I would say, "The food was too hot to eat". Of course Americans like things simple and informal! Sherry

Réponse: Phrases /vérification de notrepere, postée le 17-04-2013 à 04:55:22 (S | E)
Hello

For B3/B4, you were only supposed to "remplir les blancs" with the correct words.

It's not ............in the garden. You changed "in the garden" to "there". That's why it was "wrong", although your sentence made sense and would be more common in a normal conversation.

For Part C, you were supposed to take the direct object from the first sentence and combine it with the verb tense + "too/enough" part of the second sentence plus the to + infinitive from the first sentence.

1 We couldn't eat(3) the food (1). It was too hot(2). .... The food was too hot to eat. (Imagine que tu sois robot...)

The confusing thing about Part C, is that we are often turning active voice to passive voice with a modal. Here is what BBC Learning English says:

With modals and with infinitive forms, the passive is formed with be + past participle Lien internet

3. Nobody could move the piano. (Active) It was too heavy.
The piano could not be moved. (Passive)

But the model/example shows to use the verb tense from the second sentence. Once we do that, we no longer have a modal, so the 'be + infinitive' no longer applies.

The piano was too heavy to move.

5. I can't explain the situation. It is too complicated.
The situation cannot be explained. (passive infinitive with a modal)
The situation is too complicated to explain. (passive infinitive, no modal)

So, there is nothing technically *wrong* with The situation is too complicated to be explained, because it started as a modal sentence. We naturally want to use be + infinitive because of what we've heard. But, because the instructions want us to follow a particular pattern, we have to do that.

The food was too hot for us to eat.

We couldn't eat the food. It was too hot.
The food could not be eaten. (passive infinitive with a modal)
The food was too hot to eat. (passive infinitive, no modal)
The agent "we" is excluded.

-------------------
Modifié par notrepere le 17-04-2013 04:56

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.