- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Correction / Immigration

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction / Immigration
Message de vsx posté le 09-03-2015 à 18:31:56 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
une personne pourrait-elle corriger mes fautes d'orthgraphe/grammaire s'il vous plait ?
Merci d'avance!

I am going to talk about the notion «Spaces and Exchanges». First of all, we have to define these two concepts. Spaces and Exchanges can be defined as the interactions between men and different societies across different cultures, economies and languages.
To illustrate the notion, I have chosen to talk about immigration in the USA and in particular look at the difficulties that certain immigrants encounter. For my presentation I have chosen 2 documents about the immigration, « The Border » and « The other side of the coin ». My presentation will fall into 2 parts. First, I will show conditions of immigration and in a second part I will show the conditions of immigrants in the U.S ..

I- The conditions of immigration
To illustrate this part, I have chosen a photograph. On this picture, we can notice several American men along a fence. It must be the Mexico-US border they have wanted to « secure » in building a fence and installing American flags on it. But for illegal immigrants, it is the point of entry into the United States. The mens on the photo look like a private army or militia such as the Minutemen whose goal is to prevent illegal immigration, even if it implies resorting to violence.

II- The conditions of immigrants in the U.S
To illustrate this part, I have chosen a document , it' extracted from a T.C Boyle's novel published in 1995, called « The Tortilla Curtain ». A couple of illegal Mexican immigrants left their Mexican village, so as to try their luck in the U.S.A. As América was to find a job as a seamstress, they separated. América, failing to find the promised job, decided to walk back to find Cándido. At last, after walking all day, scared, hungry and thirsty, she found him dead, lying on the ground. Going to the USA was for them a way to move forward and have more opportunities on the job market. They were hoping for better prospects and longing to improve their standard of living. Their story ebunks the myth of America as the land of plenty, opportunity, abundance, «the land of milk and honey ». In this extract , we are shown the seamy side of the USA. The young woman is an underdog ans the reader is made to sympathize with her, to have compassion and understanding. We become aware of the plight of undocumented immigrants.

Through these two documents, we could see that United States put in works of the means to fight against immigration. However, many immigrants realize one part of their dream and cross the border. Nevertheless, the American Dream sometimes turns out to be more an utopia than reality.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-03-2015 19:03

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.