- Faire un lien

Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Bac/Places and forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Places and forms of power
Message de lillou99 posté le 03-05-2017 à 21:37:59 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Pouvez-vous m'indiquer les erreurs dans mon texte s'il vous plait?
Merci pour vos réponses.

I am going to talk about the notion places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion, In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence the behavior of people. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. In order to illustrate this notion I have chosen to talk about the power of money, since money seems to have a great influence, a great power on people nowadays. We may wonder what is the impact of money on people, nowadays. We have studied 2 documents, a photomontage by Barbara Kruger and an article entitled ´´trampled to death´´ extracted from a newspaper.

The first document I have chosen is a photomontage by Barbara kruger released in…. What immediately strikes me is the big hand in the middle, holding a sort of credit card. There is a message on it ``I shop therefore I am`` the colors used are red, for the letters, white and grey for the background. It makes the message sound more violent. Besides the message makes me think of the famous sentence of Descartes ``I think therefore I am``, It symbolizes the fact that our identity is not created by what we think but by what we purchase. B.Kruger wants to criticize the consumer society we live in. She denounces also people who cannot help shopping. Her aim is to urge us to think before buying. It is an interesting illustration of the notion as it shows just how money has a big impact on people. For some people life isn`t worth living without shopping, without money. We saw that money can lead to overconsumption, however it can also lead to addiction, making people become totally ruthless.

My second document is a an article extracted from a newspaper ,entitled ´´trampled to death´´ . This article is about a tragic accident in a big store. It focuses on the death of a Wal-Mart employee who was trampled to death, after shoppers broke down the doors of the store, on Black Friday. When the accident happened, store officials decided to close the door for several hours, however angry customers complained and wanted to keep on shopping, because they had been waiting since the day before. The author disapproves the customer’s behavior, and shows us how people are selfish and greedy. They didn`t even feel responsible for the death of the man. This article illustrates perfectly this notion, since it proves that people are ready to get what they want whatever the price. Human life is not respected, and money seems to turn people into greedy monsters.

To conclude, we can say that both the article and the photomontage make us realize that money has a big and a bad influence on our society. Indeed a lot of people live to shop and don`t realize that they are being totally isolated from the reality. They are addicted, shopaholic. Moreover money has a great power nowadays, it can influence our behavior, making us greedy, merciless. It can almost control us. In my opinion we have to not accord a lot of importance to money, in the way that we should not reduce our life to buying. Plus it should not be regarded as an end in itself, because money can`t buy happiness.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 03-05-2017 21:38

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de laure95, postée le 05-05-2017 à 11:43:30 (S | E)
Bonjour,
- We may wonder what is the impact of money on people: what + sujet + verbe conjugué (question indirecte).

- She denounces also (pas à la bonne place) people

- The author disapproves (préposition)the customer’s (customers')behavior,

- we have to not accord: mal construit.

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de lillou99, postée le 06-05-2017 à 12:03:20 (S | E)
I am going to talk about the notion places and forms of power. First of all I would like to give a definition of this notion, In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence the behavior of people. In order to live together members of a community accept rules, regulations, laws. This helps to create social cohesion but can also lead to conflicts and tensions. In order to illustrate this notion I have chosen to talk about the power of money, since money seems to have a great influence, a great power on people nowadays. We may wonder what the impact of money is on people, nowadays. We have studied 2 documents, a photomontage by Barbara Kruger and an article entitled ´´trampled to death´´

The first document I have chosen is a photomontage by Barbara Kruger released in…. What immediately strikes me is the big hand in the middle, holding a sort of credit card. There is a message on it ''I shop therefore I am'' the colors used are red, for the letters, white and grey for the background. It makes the message sound more violent. Besides the message makes me think of the famous sentence of Descartes ''I think therefore I am'', It symbolizes the fact that our identity is not created by what we think but by what we purchase. B. Kruger wants to criticize the consumer society we live in. She also denounces people who cannot help shopping. Her aim is to urge us to think before buying. It is an interesting illustration of the notion as it shows just how money has a big impact on people. For some people life isn't worth living without shopping, without money.

We saw that money can lead to overconsumption, however it can also lead to addiction, making people become totally ruthless.

My second document is an article extracted from, entitled ´´trampled to death´´ released in. This article is about a tragic accident in a big store. It focuses on the death of a Wal-Mart employee who was trampled to death, after shoppers broke down the doors of the store, on Black Friday. When the accident happened, store officials decided to close the door for several hours, however angry customers complained and wanted to keep on shopping, because they had been waiting since the day before. The author disapproves of the customers´ behavior, and shows us how people are selfish and greedy. They didn't even feel responsible for the death of the man. This article illustrates perfectly this notion, since it proves that people are ready to get what they want whatever the price. Human life is not respected, and money seems to turn people into greedy monsters.

To conclude, we can say that both the article and the photomontage make us realize that money has a big and a bad influence on our society. Indeed, a lot of people live to shop and don't realize that they are being totally isolated from the reality. They are addicted, shopaholic. Moreover, money has a great power nowadays, it can influence our behavior, making us greedy, merciless. It can almost control us. In my opinion we don't have to accord a lot of importance to money, in the way that we should not reduce our life to buying. Plus it should not be regarded as an end in itself, because money can't buy happiness.

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de laure95, postée le 06-05-2017 à 17:43:21 (S | E)
OK

Réponse : Bac/Places and forms of power de lillou99, postée le 06-05-2017 à 18:11:41 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de maths | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'allemand 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.