Bac /Myths and heroesCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de martin posté le 12-05-2017 à 13:35:29 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à toutes et à tous.
Je passe l'épreuve oral du baccalauréat (BAC S) dans un petit moment et je souhaiterai établir une correction de ma notion avec vous. C'est une synthèse du thème étudié en classe "mythe and héroes". Je suis ouvert à toutes les critiques, d'ailleurs je souhaiterai avoir vos avis pour améliorer au mieux ma copie .
I am going to talk about the notion of myths and heroes. . At first don't confuse a myth and a hero. A myth can be defined as a story about gods or heroes, it can be a popular belief or a tradition or a false notion. A hero can be a mythological figure, a person who is admired for his courage or his outstanding achievement.
Is the American dream a myth or a reality? To answer this question we will see the different myth concerning the American dream and if this notion is really true.
The American dream means that everyone living in the United States can be successful thanks to his effort, his courage or his determination even if he starts from scratch
For instance, the election of Barack Obama is linked to this notion, since he said during his campaign that he wanted to "keep the American dream alive ".
This possibility should be available to all Americans, so all immigrants because, except the American Indians who nowadays represents the minority of American population, the USA is a nation of immigrants as it says in the document "a nation of immigrants".
Since obama's father is Kenyan, Obama certifies that the American dream is not reserved for immigrants from Europe, but immigrants from African should also be able to access it.
It's a case of Bill Gates, he is the fondateur of windows, and he began by programming computers in his parents's garage. And today he is the man the richest of the world. But he can be considerated like an heroe because he had created foundation for the poor people especially for the woman and the children. He give a lot of money for this causes, so many people considerate him like an heroe
Oprah Winfrey is a pure incarnation of the American dream because, started with nothing, she became one of the most influential woman of the country, like we saw in class in the document " a successful woman ".
Bill Gates is also a myth of the American dream. He started not with nothing but he stopped school and nobody known that he bbecame one of the richest in the world.
Michael Jackson also embodies this dream. He was Tyne first afro american who has his video clip passed on the music channel MTV. Next there is heroes who succeed to change her life, it's the exemple of Dminick D'angelo, who have began whitout something and have repare shoes because he have see, a lot of shops of shoes but, there was not a good quality. Today he win his life and he is so happy. For me it's a good exemple of hero, because this man became that he always dreamed to be. He believed in this dreams.
That's some myth of the American dream but is this dream really true?
Indeed the reality is quite different sometimes. This dream is an illusion for some people. It opens our eyes to the economic crisis and the unemployment.
The American dream is one of the main reason why people immigrate to the USA, but at first we need the green card for enter in America, and it's not so simple to get the green card. There also is a lot of competition since everyone wants to go to USA to realize this dream. So most of people don't succeed very well. Actually all American are not rich. More than half American population earn less than 19 thousand euro a year.
To conclude Americans don't hide the past successes of the American dream, but they agree to say that today it's almost impossible. But, the United States remains an attractive country. Even today, many people dream of visiting this country for its culture, their food or for the most adventurous try to achieve the American dream. For me this is just a dream because it's too difficult to realize it, but is essential to have an hero, he can get the motivation to changing his life. An hero is the justification at the the sentence « nothing it's
Réponse : Bac /Myths and heroes de laure95, postée le 12-05-2017 à 15:01:17 (S | E)
- the notion of (enlever of)myths and heroes. .
- we will see the different myth (pluriel)
- the American Indians who nowadays represents (faute de conjugaison)the minority of (article) American population,
- as it says: as it is said
- to (have access (to)it.
- It's a (pas le bon article) case of Bill Gates,
- the fondateur
- parents's garage: parents' garage.
- he is the man the richest (ordre des mots)of (pas la bonne préposition)the world.
- an heroe: orthographe.
- because he had (présent)created (article)foundation
- for the poor people (enlever people) especially for the (pas de the) woman (pluriel) and the (pas de the)children.
- He give (faute de conjugaison) a lot of money for this causes (this + singulier)
- because, (sujet?)started with nothing,
- the most influential woman of (pas la bonne préposition)the country, like (as pas like)we saw in class
- Bill Gates is also a myth of the American dream. He started not (enelver not) with nothing but he stopped school and nobody known (forme du verbe) that he bbecame one of the richest in the world. Mettre tout sur Bill Gates ensemble, pas séparé.
- Tyne: ?
- american: majuscule.
- Next there is heroes: there is + singulier.
- who succeed to (pas la bonne préposition)change her (her?) life,
- Dminick D'angelo, who have began (temps?) whitout something (mettre la négation) and have repare (temps?)shoes
- because he have see,
- there was not a good quality: mal dit.
- Today he win (pas le bon mot ici + faute de conjugaison) his life
- because this man became (mettre au présent perfect)that he (has) always dreamed to be.
- That's some myth (pluriel) of the American dream
- the green card for (pas la bonne préposition)enter in America,
- to go to (article) USA to realize this dream.
- So most of (enlever of)people don't succeed very well.
- Actually all American (pluriel) are not rich. More than half (of the)American population earn(s) less than 19 thousand euro (pluriel) a year.
Cette partie est un peu courte, pas de document à l'appui et tu ne parles pas des premières vagues d'immigration.
- Americans don't hide the past successes of the American dream: ?
- But, the United States remains pas de s) an attractive country.
- its culture, their (garder le même possessif) food
- but sujet?)is essential to have an hero (an + mot commençant par une voyelle),
- he can get the motivation to changing (to + infinitif) his life: ?
- An hero
- is the justification at (pas la bonne préposition) the the sentence
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais