Oral/Idea of ProgressCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de karev666 posté le 15-04-2016 à 18:50:30 (S | E | F)
je passe un oral blanc la semaine prochaine et j'aimerais avoir de l'aide pour corriger mes erreurs car je ne suis pas très douée en anglais.
I'm going to talk about « Idea of progress ». To begin with, I'd like to give a definition of this notion. To my mind the idea of progress can be defined as an improvment or a development, a technical, scientific or social advance which contributes to making a better world. However, sometimes, progress can causes more problems than it solves. So, I will try to answer the question : Should we be afraid of progress ?
First of all I will speak of the progress in general, then I will talk about positive point of progress and finally I will show the negative point of progress.
First, the progress forms part of our society and we live with it. He contributes to make our life easier. I am thinking espacially about new technologies like mobile phone, computer, etc...
With reference to scientific progress, the advance of researchers facilitated our daily life at the level of medicine : for example it is possible to operate vulnerable body parts such as eyes or heart. We live better and better and increasingly longer.
For several years now, scientific and technological advances become more and more important. Actually, scientists try to make more but, how far will the science ? What are his limits ?
On the one hand there are a lots of positive point of progress. I'm going to talk about Steve Jobs with this document « Visionary Steve Jobs changed the world » from Daily Nation published in 2011. Mr. Jobs is described as the man who had revolutionized the world of computers, music or telephony. Indeed, since 1976 to 2011, he created products more and more efficients to facilitate customers's life.
Moreover, in this document from USA Today published in 2010, it is matter of scientific progress. This text is about a girl, 15 years old who was cured of a rare illness thanks to blood cells which were presents into the cord of the newborn, his brother. To my mind this progress is one of the best because it makes possible to cure a children and at the same time, give birth to someone.
However, on the other hand, unfortunately there are many negative point about progress. I'm going to begin with this text from CHS Globe Online, published in 2010. This text is about « Designer babies » which tell us that it may perhaps be possible to choose the appearance, the gender, the personality and the intelligence of the future baby, like freckles, eye color, etc... Next to this text there is a drawing which represents scientists doing experiences. At the bottom we can see a sentence « Nobody's perfect, but we're working on it ». The beginning of the text and this picture can make us laugh but when we think about this, can make us scared. Because these things are unnatural but mostly if everyone want a perfect baby we would be all the same, all perfect. Make a baby it's not place an order.
Now I'm going to talk about this cartoon « clones r us », the cartoonist is Steamy Raimon. The cartoon represents a cloning factory : we can see a conveyor belt where are tall and muscular guys but in the middle there is one guy that is unlike the others and he going to be rejected. According to this cartoon, clones are mass produced and all the ''mistakes'' are thrown out. I think the cartoonist wants to denounce the scientific progress.
To conclude, in areas of science and technologie there were a lot of progress but as far as I am concerned it seems that they will never stop. Actually, scientists try to do more and more but they don't think about consequences. So, to answer my problematic, yes, I think that we should fear the progress because they don't have limits and can be out of control.
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-04-2016 21:50
Réponse: Oral/Idea of Progress de laure95, postée le 15-04-2016 à 19:31:23 (S | E)
- However, sometimes, progress can causes: CAN + INFINITIF.
- then I will talk about positive point (pliuriel)of progress and finally I will show the negative point (pluriel) of progress.
- First, the progress forms part: mal dit.
- He contributes: pas le bon pronom sujet.
- With reference to scientific progress, the advance of researchers facilitated (present perfect)our daily life
- For several years now, scientific and technological advances become more and more important: present perfect avec FOR.
- Actually, scientists try (present progressif) to make more
- but, how far will the science ?: il manque le verbe. What are his (pas le bon possessif)limits ?
- a lots of positive point (pluriel) of progress: A LOT OF ou LOTS OF
- Mr. Jobs is described as the man who had revolutionized (present perfect)the world of computers
- Indeed, since 1976 to 2011, he created (SINCE + PRESENT PERFECT) products more and more efficients (pas de s à un adjectif) to facilitate customers's (enlever le s après l'apostrophe)life.
-it is (article) matter of scientific progress.
- a children: A + SINGULIER
- However, on the other hand, unfortunately there are many negative point (pluriel) about progress.
- This text is about « Designer babies » which tell (un texte ne parle pas) us
- that it may perhaps: choisis: PERHAPS ou MAY.
- can make us scared: remettre un sujet.
- if everyone want (preterit)a perfect baby we would be all the same, all perfect.
- Make a baby it's not place an order: mal dit.
- technologie: orthographe.
- Actually, scientists try (present progressif)to do more and more
Réponse: Oral/Idea of Progress de karev666, postée le 15-04-2016 à 22:01:45 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup !!
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais